App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    If you need any help testing mate, just shout I would be more than happy to help as would others i'm sure.

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Right fellas, Version 4.2.0.1 is now out, should all be handed by the auto updater.

There are quite a lot of changes in this version. My testing time is once again really limited so I apologise in advance for any nasty bugs I've introduced (although it did seem pretty stable and worked well in my testing).

As usual all bug reports are very welcome :)

Quick set of changes for Raceroom...

Added ADAC 2015 and F4 RaceRoom class;
    Damage reporting rework;
    Don't play fuel messages while being refuelled;
    Don't play wheel spin / locking when in the pits or when we have a puncture or missing wheel;
    Fixed best lap and brake damage voice commands (both weren't wired up properly);
    Added brake and tyre temp warning on pit exit (when temps aren't optimal) - these are optional (brake temp warning is on by default, tyre temp warning is off);
    Some voice commands now trigger a "stand by" response, then a few seconds later the actual response (optional, disabled by default - uses "enable_delayed_responses" property);
    More frequent opponent gap reports on longer tracks;
    Added option so disable the console window output (to save a little CPU);
    Lots of other bug fixes and minor improvements that I've forgotten about.

• Like Like x 8
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    indeed I have :)

4. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Finally made good on my donation promise :) I kept forgetting, hopefully it's enough for a couple of pints. Thanks for the hard work!

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Mr B, you're a clever man. I don't seem to be able to assign any buttons to the actions at the bottom, can you help me with this please thanks.

6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    What's the problem jim? Does the process work if you assign actions to keyboard keys?

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    jim - just tested it on my system and it does work.

plug your controller in, then start crew chief. Click the controller in the Available controllers list (bottom left), then click the action you want to assign in Available actions (bottom middle). The click the Assign button (bottom right) and the app will wait for a 'click' - while it's waiting, click the button you want to use for the selected action. That should be all there is to it.

The Available actions list should get updated to show the "assigned to: ...." text for that action

8. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh I just thought the controller list was just showing me what was connected. Thanks Mr B

9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Next beers and cake are on me... I finally managed to donate some bucks. Great work, keep it up!

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks guys :)

11. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Sweet! Gonna test tonight. Thanks for your hard work!

12. jacall11

jacall11 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm new to the game but in my limited time playing it before I knew about Crew Chief and now after, I cannot imagine playing it without it. It adds so much to the experience. Outstanding job! Thank you!

13. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Happy to tell that the bug I reported earlier is not present anymore. In all races so far the chief has been working flawlessly.

Also very pleased about the updating system. Not that I would mind to install apps manually but lazy side of me appreciates the easy updating process.

Great stuff! Thanks again.

14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    glad to hear it's going smoothly. Just pushed the Android update for the PCars version up to Google Play - a nerve-racking process cos folks who pay for stuff get sometimes get properly cranky when it doesn't quite work :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    New version working great - thanks!!

A couple of suggestions to add to your list (not requests!! - just ideas you can of course take or leave):

(1) I'd love to be able to ask what the fastest lap of the race is - to see how I'm going in comparison
    (2) [a slightly silly - yet serious one] I'd like to be able to ask the real world time (if the app can access that) cos sometimes I'm so immersed I forget to do things I should be doing.:eek:

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I'll add more checks to the sector time logging - it's not checking for a valid current lap when putting the sector time in the local game state, and there's also an edge case where it might end up putting -1 in there. Thanks for the info gongo.

Skidmark - both of those requests should be simple, I'll see if I can add those this week

• Like Like x 2
  17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Is this possible to know how much faster I am in sectors? Because right now i can only know that sector time is ok or fast :p But when i'm slower it says exactly how much.

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    actually i noticed that the default settings for race sector reports was *way* too verbose (immersion breakingly so), so the next version will use more of the 'worse-only' sector reports to minimise the verbosity and wall of numbers thing it does at the moment

19. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I've been using Crew Chief for about 2 weeks now, and I must say it's one of the best add-ons to any sim ever: great job Mr.Belowski ! You've been PayPal'ed :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks - that's very kind:D