Released 07-07-2015 Raceroom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Nataniel Carvalho

Nataniel Carvalho New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, I was not in "full screen" so it was not getting, solved

2. Nataniel Carvalho

Nataniel Carvalho New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, I was not in "full screen" so it was not getting, solved

3. MPN64

MPN64 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that...was wondering why my Nvidia settings did not take effect

4. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to say that my framerate is cut in half since the update. Don't have a high spec machine, but got around 60fps on low settings before ( track level detail, track texture detail and car texture detail set on high ). Now I am lucky to get 30fps ( even when I lower the detail level of the track level, track texture and car texture to low ). Changing the screen resolution also has no effect.

5. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    the game still crashes @ multiplayer :(

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Shadows/shadow split/reflections enabled?
    Which gpu?

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    When I ran it after the update my friend graphics settings were changed - worth checking if you're getting worse performance

8. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    Same for me, resolution was changed, Fullscreen was set to Off by default and some graphics settings were also on higher values than what I had manually set them previously.

Worth checking your video settings everybody!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I know the graphic settings were changed, I reset them like before the update to LOW (with the three exceptions i mentioned), everything else like shadows/shadow split/ reflections is on OFF or LOW. Even when setting track level, track detail and car detail to low, still don't get over 32fps
    GPU is nvidea geforce gt 635m ( not the newest :( i know, but it got me 60fps on the settings i mentioned before the update)

10. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Doh...for the first time everything is fine for me :) anyway...a question...

If now the touring cars are balanced to match the dtm 92 class does this mean that now touring cars have not their realistic speeds?

11. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    My performance went also down a notch since the patch. Of the FPS heaviest tracks, Shanghai works really well, but Moscow has some serious drops especially on evening, when track has lot's of shadows (and is a good performance test because of that).

Problem lies most likely in the track and improved shadows, which now seem to render correctly compared to previous situatuion. Before today's patch I could run Moscow with shadows high and split off over 60fps on my GTX780 Nvidia Surround 6060x1080 setup. Now, to maintain that throughout the track I either have to turn shadows to lowest with car shadows on or shadows medium and car shadows off. I would say that shadows may are a bit performance hog, or more likely, Moscow track itself needs some serious optimizations.

I don't seem to suffer that much of performance problems on Shanghai and it seems to run just nice with shadows set to medium and car shadows on. So definitely a Moscow track issue on my part.

Edit: My FPS drop in Moscow is not a "killer", but drops to somewhere around late 40's at back stretch for a short while. Still evident and causes stuttering.

Edit 2: Just noticed small FPS drops under 60 in Zolder also with shadows medium + car shadows. Improved shadows are definitely heavier.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  12. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Actually, back in the day, the Touring classics and '92 DTM were fairly well matched, at least on paper, search for "Touring Classics" on the forum, there is a link on there which has details for the DTM '92 and Group A touring cars which are used for the touring classics within R3E :)

13. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    My game is crashing unexpectedly while i am in the UI before even starting a race.

Happened twice now...

Attached Files:

14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Happening here too, but I can still play if I just move the crash report window to one side

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You guys verified the cache files of the game in steam? Right click, properties, local files.

16. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I'm stupid, but what exactly is this "overlay"? Since I'm ingame, I started the game from Steam and thus it's active in the background. It's not minimized or something. RRE is in fullscreen. I don't have the english version of Steam, maybe that's the problem?

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure you're not. ;)

Steam overlays are a option of the steam client which is not neccessarily enabled, I disable it most of the time.
    Open steam, go to properties, go to the in-game tab and there is a tickbox that says "enable the Steam Overlay while in-game".
    This tick has to be set for the overlays to work.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Not a solution for your Problem but another Option to buy Content from the store is, visiting the store directly via your Internet-Browser, as it is not necessary to buy it in the game. Login to your profile via http://game.raceroom.com and then open the Store via the button in the Buttonbar above your Profil.

19. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Nice update [​IMG]
    Is there any information when custom liveries will be available? Or will this feature does not find it's way into R3E?

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I've just tried the update: FPS is now bad! What is happening?