Released 07-07-2015 Raceroom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    That's a good point, I don't think I'd praised how much the loading speeds have improved either - certainly deserves a good shout out to whoever's worked on that, it's much better now.

Not sure if much had been done on the netcode recently, but the last few online races I've done have been stable as a rock too, for every player on the grid. Proper door to door racing has been possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I saw flickering cars on sp replay in Brand hatch. They did not move. Just flickering.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  3. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The animated flags are still there in the Raceroom Hillclimb.

It's OK in the Lakeview Hillclimb.

4. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour, pour moi aussi Baisse de fps (- 25%) DEPUIS la mise à jour, avant je Était constant à 80-85 fps en constante Écrans triple, je intérim POURTANT BAISSE les ombres à Faible, ac x2 fxxa sur off. Sur Monza en proto je tombe à 33-40 fps.

Attached Files:

5. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Have tried a lot of different things but can not get my frame rate back up to around 60fps like i could before the upgrade ( see previous posts ). Here are my log files. Hope you guys can help me.

Attached Files:

6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Anynews on fixes for all the problems? Especially mine (exception code 0xC0000005)..

7. woozie77

woozie77 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i'm also one of the 0xC000005-victims since the most recent patch. I've opened a ticket and supplied my crash, game and MWTransport logs, ticket ref is 16815

no fix yet but i'll let you know gopher

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    No idea if it's related but I was seeing the same crash. I verified the local game cache in Steam (all OK), then the next time I ran R3E Steam decided it'd do a "first time setup" for the game which, according to the little window it popped up, installed a new version of some Flash player. After that it's been fine. Might be a co-incidence I suppose

9. woozie77

woozie77 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That sounds familiar, I installed it on a fresh Win10 preview build, i've also seen steam downloading some dependencies (first time setup) including something flash-player-ish....only difference is that its still crashing on me (just when the loading splash screen appears) :D

For testing purposes, is there any way to launch R3E without steam?

10. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Did the patch change the R8 cockpit sound or is it my hearing playing a trick on me? The sound was great before, even better now!

• Like Like x 1
  11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Where are these windmills? I can't seem to find them.

12. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yeah me too. This update has not been good for me at all. FPS issues and regular crashing. Very disappointing.

13. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @Anthony Monteil mentioned that the R8 would receive a sound update, so your hearing is fine!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I feared that all the roooooaaaaar and wrooooom recently had killed my hearing or at least the headphones, but as I said, the sound is just great!:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, the Audi R8 got a new cockpit sound, and I also reworked the external sounds aswell, to make it a bit more bassy in the high revs ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ah great, so you really want to make me deaf by making the sounds better and better? Well thanks for that! Please have in mind that improving the already amazing sounds forces me turn up the volume even more!!!! So when I'm 89 years old, I will send you the bill for the hearing aid! :D

17. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I could not find them as well, the solar panels are new though, right?

18. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Nope, they were there before.

19. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Another track that's been completely ruined for me since the update is Monza. Again, just like Zolder, had no problems at all running this before the update, now a choppy mess, with fps all over the place. Looking at the 2 tracks it seems they both have quite similar intense shadows, which I'm sure are the main cause of the issue. As previously mentioned, I have no such issues with Shanghai or Moscow.

Just for test purposes, I've tried the game with shadows set to low, but the game looks awful and issues still exist.

What is going on? Obviously a lot of the new code which has gone into the update is badly optimised, as the game hardly looks any better, but has taken a big performance hit on some of the tracks.

Now I am playing on triple screens, but my PC, which has a GTX 780ti, i73770k, 16GB ram and SSD, had no problems playing this on generally high settings before the update. Now, even with the shadows lowered to medium, at least 2 of the tracks play like crap. I will no doubt discover further courses which have gone to pot, as I play more. I have not had a GPU driver change or changed my system in anyway since the update, so should not be seeing this kind of performance hit.

Again, please Sector 3, fix this and the crashing issue ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    For everyone having fps issue, did you check if the full screen option is set to on ?