Released 09-12-2015 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Just tried it and it works. You can even klick on the setting in the pit menu before the race to make it green by default so that it is green already when you request the pitstop during the race. So no need to extra confirm refuelling while racing if you want to.

Thanks again for the hint, I just wasn't aware of this process.

One little thing I'd like to note to the devs: The amount of fuel shown in the HUD seems to be limited to 100 l. While I was pitting I saw the amount going up until it was at 100 l but the refuelling process wass still going on. And while driving the amount shown didn't change at first - probably because I had 120 l of fuel in my tank, which is the maximum amount I can set the refuelling option to. Unfortunately I had to quit the race before I used up the 20 extra liters to see if the amount in the HUD will go on to decrease as soon as I'm below 100 l again. Real life sucks sometimes... :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    :p
    Actually I wanted to know if I´m the only person who is annoyed by that. At other tracks you can frontally hit a wall and nothing happens.

3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Damage mid l hasn't been updated in ages

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Great that it works as it should.
    Indeed, on the older cars the max fuel amount is above what can be displayed, don't ask why. ;)
    With the newer cars you'll notice that this has been changed (Audi TT has 80 l iirc) and I'm pretty sure it will be changed for the older ones as well.

5. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I'll mention here as well, a new HUD is incoming which miraculously can handle numbers above 100 :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Since the new update I get bugs at the session change.
    Quali to Race: I stay in the pit, session jumps to race and I´m in the starting grid but my screen freezes just before I get into the grid, so what I see is still Quali but what I can hear is the cars in the starting grid bump into me or drive by...

http://www.twitch.tv/itzmoo/v/29584802
    Time: 01:14.50
    or Time: 01:53.25

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's a known issue and beeing investigated.
    Here's a little more info: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/games-crashing-in-mp-with-audi-tt.3600/
    If you wanna help out narrowing it down, post a crash dump or two in that thread.

8. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    I wish that the new HUD would introduce customizable overlay or at least that the size of the HUD overlay could be set. With triple monitors and bezel correction, parts of the HUD are always behind the bezels as it is stretched wider than the middle screen native horizontal resolution. Dragging and dropping HUD "apps" where you like would be just terrific.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. kris_peeters

kris_peeters Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Just tried a first race ( GT3 Single Race, Zandvoort, AI 108%, No Pitstop ) with the new AI and am really impressed with what you guys did. The AI feels alive, gives a good fight, is not super-glued to the road anymore and makes the occasional mistake, and door to door racing is a blast ( no more spinning out of control at the slightest touch ).
    There is just one big issue that still persists and that makes long races next to impossible ( and makes qualifying a procession behind the slow cars ), and that is the fact that it seems impossible for the AI to overtake the backmarkers in a race ( or the 2 slowest cars on the track in practice and qualifying ). The AI races each other fine now but from the moment they reach the slowest cars on track ( 2-4 seconds slower then the rest ), they just do not, can not overtake them and that just kills the race ( You see the 2 leaders overtaking each other behind the slowest car, but they can not overtake the slow car itself?? ).
    I really hope a solution can be found for this problem ( maybe through implementation of flag rules? ), because for the rest the AI now truely is just wonderfull to race against!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I found Push-To-Pass somewhat disappointing.
    I was hoping that pressing the button would launch a giant boxing glove from the front of the car and push the offending car in front out of the way, Wacky Races style.
    Maybe a future feature? o_O

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    They have this system in Sonic All Stars Racing. It doesn't have licensed series or tracks, but you should check it out :)

12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Nick. It's time like this I wish there was a "I @#$#$ing love it" button.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Love the AI. I already thought it was quite good before the last updates, though it sometimes had a clear tendency to push you out of the way when you were on its racing line ;) It doesn't seem to do that anymore, indeed, and even seems more "human" by doing mistakes sometimes, which is so funny to watch! - I know, I'm a heartless petrolhead.

Hm, I'm just wondering whether they hold a grudge now. I'm pretty sure one of them was deliberately mad at me earlier, after I ... err, did something nasty to him. :oops:

Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 1
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    u cant cut them off like u can in the f1 games they dont take any bulls***. kinda like gizzy.
    they race how i like it hard but fair im not sure how they will do with open wheeler tho.

15. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, nice example :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks... I had problems with new update until I tried this... now FFB is very good (and better than before!).

17. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Loving the new update so far... It's fun to race the ai and not get spun out at the slightest tap! Is the ai's ability to brake quicker than you an acknowledged problem that will be fixed? If I'm driving close to the ai and I brake at the same point as them I drive into the back of them.... For a game built on close racing this is a biggy for me!

18. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I had a race earlier today with the ai set to adaptive at Leguna Seca, GT3. I always start position 10, this gives me a chance to work thru the field. With the new AI, this is no longer an easy thing, I must stay very focused and be very careful on my lines thru the turns. The corkscrew and t1 were good points for me to push the ai, after many laps behind an audi, I was able to capitalize on a slip up by him at t1, later at the corkscrew I was able to pass a corvette. It took about 5 minutes to force the error on the audi car, and fighting for p7 with a camaro, I fought him pushing on his bumper for another 5 minutes or better. I did pass him but unfortunately I made a mistake at the corkscrew that cost me the 3 positions I had worked so hard to get :)

I like the starts better now, before crashing and being run over were all too common, now they are much more civilized, it still gets pretty aggressive in there for the first turn but you can be reasonably sure that you will get thru unlike how it was before. There appears to be a nice randomness to the starts also, there are times when the ai for whatever reason has a slow start, this is great motivation to stay on your game for the start, you could have an opportunity to gain 2-5 positions. It seems to happen about every 3-5 starts and very random, because if you redo the start you get another type of start... I like this.

The ai can still be too aggressive till you get upto speed with them, I am not sure if this is an adaptive thing or something seen with the standard ai settings. Its good and bad, if you make a mistake on the course, it appears the ai behind you sense your weakness and are all about taking advantage of your mistake, I have had to fight off several ai cars after a mistake and having a couple pass me, the cars behind them also want to take advantage of my mistake, this makes for very real consequences for any mistake you make. This is a hugely cool feature! :D

The bad to all this wonderful behavior is their aggressiveness can be far too much if the ai is above your skillset, ramming you is still an alternative to get you out of their way and off the racing line. Aliitle more awareness to the cars around them is still needed. Also in practice they do not have to be this aggressive, during qualifying I understand, but practice there are going to be cars at varying speeds on the track and they should be aware of this. As is, multiclass is going to be a real challenge for the lowerclass cars :D

Kudos for this update though! wonderfull ffb, great ai... I finish a 30 minute race sweating and breathing heavy. The last 3-5 minutes is the tru test for me, keeping focus and finishing clean requires me to stay mindful of what I am doing and watch my lines thru the turns because the ai behind me wants my spot as bad as I want the spot in front of me :D

Rich

• Like Like x 2
  19. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't a cutting issue, they tend to brake very late in some turns (as mentioned by kamackeris) and a while ago they seemed unable to brake if a real player was in front of them. I had this problem several times, even though my lap times were slightly better and the overtakes had been done cleanly and way, way earlier.
    Now it seems much better, they've tried a few times to overtake in a desperate late braking manoeuvre, but at least it was on the left or on the right, not *through* my car ;)

20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    yes but compared to a lot of other game that allow u to just cut across the nose of an ai and have the ai slam on the breaks in race room if u pull that bs u get spun which i like. i cant wait of ai in multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 2