Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    better than Michael Bay... cars would constantly explode :D

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not in a long long time: https://audiojungle.net/search/epic :)
    Thing is, those are just dead cheap and royalty free. And in a time in which fantasy narratives of all shapes and colours are predominant in popular culture, it doesn't come as a surprise.

But I agree that the genre has been exhausted and I would love to hear some different background tunes. Daft Punk have lots of tracks that fit the racing theme, or Foals (and many many others of course ;) ), but those published artists are just too expensive these days compared to the relative quality you can get up there for 15 bucks. But there's good, dynamic, non-epic alternatives there too, f.e.: https://audiojungle.net/item/psychic-influence/22324342?s_rank=1

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK, they can take Pippi Langstrumpf...

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. MathMilitary

MathMilitary Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Aristotelis Vasilakos - FB :
    The tyre model has been heavily reworked. 3 dimensional flex of footprint and sidewalls with specific rates for each axis that are also influenced by the pressure and temperature. Temperatures now have even more layers and even get affected by brakes heating. Pressure heat and wear do not only change a simple grip variation but also the actual behaviour of the tyre, affecting values of slipangle, slipratio, and the grip curve as a whole. You're not only feeling a different grip but a different response too. Tyre also has a different response depending on the different surfaces it touches.

The weather simulation is not a simple lower grip, but an actual water film layer with different depth. The tyres have algorithms that simulate the drainage of the water from the tyre, in order to keep the contact patch in..."contact" with the surface. If it succeeds, you get good grip, if not, the tyre "raises" over the water film and you get aquaplaning. That is what it makes wet driving so unpredictable. You don't have to deal just with a lower grip and that's it. You might think you got grip, push a bit more and instantly get a different behaviour on the same turn a lap before.

Many more big and smaller details got implemented and this obviously makes the fine tuning of the whole system, extremely delicate, considering that the rules predict just one compound for all cars/tracks combinations.

On top of that we have a brand new aero model coordinated by Stefano Casillo and created by Fernando Barbarossa our new physics developer. Much more complex, doesn't take into account different wings as single entities anymore, but a single aerodynamic object that gets affected by flow, and becomes very sensitive in pitch and yaw situations. 1-2mm ride height difference can be felt by good drivers and makes the setup a very complicated matter.

Because of that, we had to improve our suspension model. It now includes variable rate bumpstops that I can set with extreme precision to keep the car from pitching too much. Also new dampers with proper graph curves and not just 4 values. The bumpstops are quite complex so we're trying to figure out a way to make the setup screens better designed for the users.

We also have brand new TC and ABS algorithms, again more complicated than the original AC ones which by the way were an industry first at the time. Now we control slip and slide differently and even how much the engine cuts instead of on/off situations. Those maps alone can change quite a lot the behaviour of the car.

On top of that, add all the different dynamic grip and weather simulation and you can imagine that the possible combinations and situations where something can go wrong are quite a bit. We are also working in a condition that everything can change from a week to the other because of new features added and this means we might need to re do the physics of the cars.

Even BoP is different for each car and each track, and this is getting updated by SRO as we move from one track to the other...

So, I don't know where the 1.5 months per car comes from, as we keep working on all cars at the same time, so I can't really give an accurate estimation of how much time we spent on each car, surely Marco has this under control. But I can tell you that it has become extremely complex...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Sounds as if they relax and enjoy the summer weather, hanging around by the pool with cocktails in both hands and music and free babe watching and all that... :D

Serious, it must pay off for them to have a limited range of cars only this time. Doing all this with the many cars in AC would have driven Aris to suicide. It sounds far more complex a physics model than in AC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0

Where is the guy who said Arcade Corsa??? :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Here!!! Sorry, I was reading something in the non-arcade sector of the forum, you know I prefer simulators to games, greetings

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    ACC was briefly shown with real-time raytracing during GeForce RTX announcement event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    But RTX prices are ridiculous, at least here in Germany. I'll skip them unless they drop 200€+ in price at some point. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sounds are one of the biggest let downs for me in pc2.

• Agree Agree x 8
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I would definetly give it a go for 25 Bucks. Waiting then for VR Support and the rest of it. No rush...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    Yup, 25 Bucks is a good deal, because you don't have to pay anything more for the full title later on.

Meanwhile GTR3 trying to find a publisher and lying about there content/Licenses... :confused:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Good thing that you specified "one of the"...:D
    This is the first and only sim racing title that I deeply regret having spent money on (season pass no less). It just sits there being a big dissappointment...
    Early access 25€ for ACC (and then getting all the content afterwards is really a no brainer).
    Only thing is that I will probably need to upgrade from my actual GTX 980 ti...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    For UE4?!

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Talking of tyres, starring Aristotelis, ACC physics guru.
    https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-competizione-blog-post-2-tyres.159095/

Hehehehe. Reading is believing.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I believe so (triple setup). I will try first, but I fear I will need to lower graphical settings to maintain sufficient fps.
    Unless Kunos does a really good job at optimising.

19. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    A non brainer for me, but only after second update, when VR is released.
    Looking extremely forward.

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018