Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    would you gamepad setup to play without assistance please?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Without assistance? You are talking about get real? The profiles I set up have been made for get real. Even the default 360 profile provides great control with lowest possible driving assists.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes I want to play without assistance = get real it seems ?

4. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Okay. Then I got it. What controller are you using?

Edit: I found your request for a xbox one gamepad profile, so my question is obsolete. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will play with a xbox one gamepad ;)

6. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Try my profile (on page 9 in this thread) and tell me if it works for you. You have to get used to the controller's very sensitive mini sticks and triggers, but, if you manage this, the controller feels great in R3E. I can maybe help you when finetuning these settings to your special needs. And, of course, there is no need of using driving assists in addition to the ones automatically included in some car classes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, thank you Very much ;)

I'll tell you when I have tested your gamepad setup !

8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    When I try to use the XBox 360 profile, it let's me map the controls of my XBox One Elite controller to this and all seems to work in the controller configuration (i.e. it shows it's responding to the steering, throttle and brake axis), but when I try to race, it says its missing a device for the profile i.e. an XBox 360 controller! How can I get around this and make it realise I only want to use an XBox One controller (which it does seem to recognise is present) and remove the requirement for this profile to use an XBox 360 controller? Thanks

9. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    You have to map every single button marked as disconnected to the xbone controller or delete this assignment if you don't need it. As long as there are buttons mapped to a missing controller, the game will tell you about that. So, check all functions in every sub menu and clear or reassign all disconnected buttons.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Ah I see, I'll try that! Thanks

11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW If you delete assignments, are they still also mapped to the default keyboard controls?

12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Argh - I don't know exactly what I did, but think I may have accidentally removed the controller profile for the XBOX 360 controller and I can't get it to show up in game again (this was before I had a chance to try to change all the controller assignments, so it's not to do with that).

I've tried uninstalling the game and everything in C:\Users\me\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData then reinstalling, but I'm still not seeing the controler profile for the XBox 360 controller in-game again, even when I've edited device_statistics.xml like this:

<!-- Index:5 -->
    <key type="uint32">42861662</key>
    <custom>
    <custom type="uint32">42861662</custom>
    <custom type="string"><![CDATA[XBOX 360 Controller]]></custom>
    <custom type="bool">true</custom>
    <custom type="bool">true</custom>
    </custom>

Is there any way I can make this profile display again? At the moment the only profile showing is for keyboard, even with my XBox Controller plugged-in.

It really is shocking that no proper profile for the XBox One controller is available in this game yet, come on, it's 2016!

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What's going on over here? ;)
    What are you trying to do exactly, force your xbone pad to work?
    With your pad connected, chose the default keyboard profile, go to primary options and double click any setting and assign that to a button on your pad. By doing so it should create a new profile, in which you can now assign all the buttons and functions you like. And what Paradox mentioned is important, you have to clear or rebind any settings that say disconnected, otherwise those are likely to cause problems.

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Aha! Okay, I've managed to edit the keyboard profile and created a custom one and this seems to work! Thank you! Only problem is that I can't seem to steer enough to get around the tight corner in the pit lane when practicing on the track I tried, even when going very slowly - the car always ends up on the grass because it's not possible to steer tight enough! I'm using the settings Paradox Agi provided on page 9, and steering lock is set to 8.

BTW I only got my gaming laptop back from repairs recently, so it's only now I'm having a chance to test this all out.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, thanks, I'll give that ago this evening. Can this be set globally or do you have to set this every time you race?

Can't remember the track, was one of the ADAC GT Masters 2014 ones with a very tight bend exiting the pit lane

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The steering lock is set individually for each car. But by default it is set to 13 on all cars.

18. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Weird, I'm pretty sure it was set to 9 before I changed anything! Once set for a car, is this then remembered between sessions/races?

BTW what functions are useful to map to the controller? I currently have just these set up:

Left Thumbstick: Steer left/right
    Right Analog Trigger: Throttle
    Left Analog Trigger: Brake
    Lower (furthest) Right Paddle (which mirrors one of the top buttons): Gear Shift Down
    Upper (nearest) Right Paddle (also mirrors one of the top buttons): Gear Shift Up
    Right Thumbstick: Look left/right/behind
    Left Shoulder Button: Cycle views
    Right Shoulder Button: Unassigned - but think would like to assign this to something that would return me to cockpit view with on click, if possible(?), or maybe I should use the Right Thumbstick click for that

So I probably have 2-3 buttons currently unassigned. What else is most useful to have mapped on the controller? e.g.
    Pause / DRS / Toggle Mirrors / Pit Stop Request?

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay with steering lock set to 13 and Paradox Ali's settings for CBox One controller the cars seems drive-able, though I think it's going to be a while before I can make it round one lap without going off! BTW do I think I should I go straight to "Get Real" to avoid picking up bad habits, or start with "Amateur" difficulty?

I'm driving GTR3 cars (well. ADAC GT masters 2014), if it makes any differences. I'm spinning off a lot, but I guess that will get better with practice, though it's hard initially to know how fast I should be going on each section of track...

20. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Even on Get Real the GT3 cars (excluding 2013 ADAC) all have ABS and you can select the amount of traction control you want in the setup so they should be the easiest to drive with a controller.

• Informative Informative x 1