Controller Profiles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Actually, you have this slider in R3E, if you only want to adjust the general FFB strength. The deeper FFB settings can be left alone as in any other game that of course have internal parameters the player just can't access. I consider these additional parameters as essential after having a completely different experience with Grid Autosport, where only some general parameters where offered and I could not optimize my wheel at all. It just felt bad in that game and just adjusting general strengt did not change that feeling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

First post here on the forum. I know that there hasn't yet been a profile released for the G29 so while I wait for the possibility of that, is there a dummies guide I can refer to that would allow me to have a baseline to start from?

I'm a total and complete newbie to gaming with a wheel. Tried RaceRoom for the very first time yesterday and found it to be virtually unplayable at the moment with this particular wheel. Not quite sure if I should sit things out and wait for a profile or have a go at altering some settings in the meantime. Thanks for any advice that you might have,

3. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the suggestion and link. I'll go and take a read of it now.

5. APC900

APC900 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Okay!
    Taking the advise of lowering the vertical loading, I had a great time running the formula car at Spa.
    I was feeling great after running numerous laps two days ago.
    Today, I figured I'd try the BMW Judd (Plasa's car)... also at Spa.
    What a disappointment again. It just felt really, really bad.
    It's now become abundantly clear that the vertical load setting is directly tied to the weight category.
    Can some of you guys who've run this game from the very start, please post some of your successful vertical load settings?
    I'd be an absolute PITA to have to 'experiment' to find a setting for every single car I try to drive.
    Thanks.

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I use 70 for all updated cars and 85 for the older ones, but also raise the wheel force for the older cars.

7. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I am at 80 vertical load, had 100 before. Sometimes I like a lighter feel, then I am at 80, if I want it heavier, I use 100. My T150 is not that strong but strong enough for me.

8. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Newbie here - I've not yet downloaded R3E, but is there a profile for the Xbox One controller (ideally that has rumble feedback)? I actually have an Xbox One Elite controller (in wired mode) and am using Windows 10, if it makes any difference. Is the Xbox One controller compatible with R3E, as I only see the Xbox 360 controller listed as supported? Unfortunately I don't have space for a wheel currently (living on a small shared apartment at the moment), though when I'm able to move to somewhere with more space would consider getting one.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Errr, split call there for you. Some people reported it works for them, some said it works after upgrading to Win10, but some other guys reported it doesn't work and produces errors.
    Really not sure where those guys' problems stemmed from, you can never be sure if it isn't something unrelated that screws it up on their machine, but I don't really see why it shouldn't work.

Unless you're restricted in terms of download capacity, give it a shot, chances should be good for you to get it working.

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay, will give it a try. I have all the latest Microsoft Xbox Controller drivers and firmware installed. Seems odd that Raceroom doesn't officially support this controller yet, it's been out for some time now!

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, kinda agree. But on the other hand most gamepads aren't officially supported (like my Rumblepad 2) yet they work perfectly fine. Think it's really just about whether there's a preset config file for it or not.

Rumble/FFB works on my end, tho I don't use FFB effects as it's too distracting for me.
    If you encounter any problems or need help setting it up feel free to post in the community support section or contact me via pm.

12. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The XBO Controller works fine with R3E except the FFB/Rumble stuff. There is a workaround somewhere in the steam forums for that, but it made my borrowed controller rumble all the time. As the tested controller was not mine and I gave it back I could not fix this finally, but I found that in other controllers, that constant rumble can be fixed by decreasing engine vibrations.

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/541907867790900215/

And here are my XBO-Controller settings.

Attached Files:

13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll give them a go once I've downloaded the software. I assume the order of the settings is the same when displayed in English? My schoolboy German is more than a little rusty...

Would be nice to have some rumble, where the feedback might be useful e.g. hitting the kerbs/brakes locking up/loosing traction etc. hopefully there's a way to get this working with my XB1E controller.

BTW what buttons/sticks do you have mapped to which functions? I'm not sure how much you can change this in the R3E software, but I know that in the XB1 Elite software you can map pretty much anything to whichever button/stick/paddle you want. I assume it's the analog triggers for throttle and brake, and the left thumbstick for steering, but what about the other controls?

I was thinking of maybe mapping up/down gear shifting to two of the paddles, maybe using a 3rd for clutch, or one of the buttons on the right of the pad.

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Does the clutch require an analog controller input? If so, I may have to do without a clutch on my controller.

15. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    For the button mappings, I suggest to activate the xbox 360 default profile in the file

<your document folder>\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics.xml

and remap all buttons that are displayed as <not connected>. To activate profiles in that file, search for the device and set both values to 'true'. You can try to use this profile as it is for the XBO Controller but it found that it was not useful with this game pad. And, yes, the values in my screenshots should be in the same order as in any (recent) english screenshot.

I have the shift up and down on X and B buttons, brake and throttle on the triggers, steering on the left stick, DRS on A button and camera switch on Y.

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @Paradox Agi - I'll give that a go, though may map the gear shifters to two of the paddles on my Xbox One Elite

I also found my old Wireless Rumblepad 2 as well, so might give that a go too and see how it compares!

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Although @Christian Göpfert - I don't think the triggers are analog on the Rumblepad, so how would they work for throttle and brake?? I can see that as being a big problem!

18. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    He mentioned something like throttle and brake using the right mini stick...

I think the XBO Controller is fine for R3E. In the end, with my half way optimzed settings, I was as fast as with the 360 Controller but it felt much better. The new mini sticks are much more accurate than the older from the 360 pad and steering was more enjoyable. However, I could not get used to the low resistance of the mini sticks and the triggers. I just could not feel them.

19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well I've never used a 360 controller, so I don't have that to compare the XB1 controller sticks to. Think Microsoft is meant to have improved the trigger feeling on newer XB1 controllers (and on the Elite controller I have), the ones that have the 3.5mm port in them.

20. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Do newer ones have different triggers? I don't know how old my testing controller was...