Resolved Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    in general using a VPN hub geographically closest to you is best, at least for me.

In general its a hard error to track with this game, so many things can cause the 503.

2. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Hi The_Grunt.Hm,usuallly I have to override the Connection FROM Germany via VPN to the MP-Server's.Strange that you do it the other way.

3. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't make any change,with VPN or without.Still the Five O Three Error message.:oops::eek:

4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Interesting

You clear your cache?

5. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure a VPN connection will change anything? AFAIK, a 503 message means the server has been reached but is unable to proceed the request:
    The Web server (running the Web site) is currently unable to handle the HTTP request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after some delay. Some servers in this state may also simply refuse the socket connection, in which case a different error may be generated because the socket creation timed out.
    A VPN connection allows you to create a private (virtual) channel between your system and a server, when they are interconnected with an external network (Internet) that you don't trust. In this case I suspect the distant server transmits your requests on the Internet after anonymizing the source, acting as a proxy (the kind of service people use, for example when downloading or streaming content and wanting not to be localized / wanting to be localized to another country).
    Unless S3 provides VPN accesses, of course. But even if it were the case, this is still transmitted to the same server, which will still be unable to proceed most of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to believe me. My suggestion is merely to help people who want to play, it has worked for me every time.

For me a VPN makes a huge difference, and my understanding of computers and networks it makes sense as to why. A piece of network gear along the HUGE chain of an ISP i.e router etc... cannot block your request with a vpn, but it may have been when you are not using a vpn.

Just try it, it might work, it might not.

• Like Like x 1
  7. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @Sean Kenney Yes I cleared the R3e ./Browser/cache 4 or 5 times since yesterday.

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    :( hmmm

you try re-entering your username and password when the 503 screen comes up? worked for me a few times
    Steam cache?

9. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    No.why should I?Steam Chache checked today.No errors but a new flash player installed.
    :cool:

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, it worked for me once, lol :)

11. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    What is your understanding, and how does it make sense? That was a simple question, you haven't explained. You are not helping if you make them try all sort of things (including buying a VPN access and possibly mess with the network settings) if that is not justified.

Read again Sonat's post (the link in green above this forum).

For my part, I ate my breakfast and then I could log in two times in a row. That doesn't make it the solution to the problem ;) Actually, I couldn't log in the two times I've tried this afternoon, and that's because they still couldn't fix the problem on their side. I'm not really sure hitting the server every possible way will really help make it stable, that's why I asked whether a website could simply give the status.
    I think the sensible thing to do is to wait until it settles down, hopefully there will be a post about it :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  12. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Pure luck, since it's not something on your end.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thecure

thecure New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    dont work :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

14. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    To me it is clearly evident that the problem is in their server. It's too many people (more than "usual"), for too long (more than "usual") and most important, they already said they had some problems.:cool:

Why it's affecting some users and not others? Well, I guess that's one of the main questions they have to answer, not us.

I'm glad they say they're working on it but wish they stop saying that "maybe" it's a problem in my end, they know it isn't. :mad:

I'm confident they will fix it, I even bought more content yesterday, but with the days passing my confidence is weakening.:(

I've done what's supposed to be done; now, I think I'll wait and hope.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    yesterday evening = error 503 :eek: ... this evening = I drove for 5 minutes :) and then the connection broke off o_O … and now error 503 again :(

16. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Well, hang it there. They must be anxious to put that behind us before next Friday ;)

17. papi Bernard

papi Bernard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    error 503 again

18. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    calm down, its the weekend guys... guess who probebly isnt at work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Alex Attaergo

Alex Attaergo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have raced today every-time i wanted, with a simple restart of my pc... without re-checking game integrity data. but the portal has not recorded any of my driven km since Nov.19.2015.

20. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Good god. lol.

Its called troubleshooting, I never said it would work for anyone, I said hey, these things may or may not work. It worked for me, thought I would help some people out who want help. Never said you have to buy(there are free ones) a VPN or even use one.

Ok, well, I will go back to playing re3.