Resolved Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Alex Attaergo

Alex Attaergo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    in ur case i would really take a 1 hour break to reinstall the whole darn client... u can backup the simbin folder to keep all ur settings saved... that is how i used to do it when i was lazy reading the forums...

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just verified my Steam cache, found and replaced 72 files which were all the cockpit_driver_view.xml files that I'd modified for better driver head movement, so I'll have to reinstate those. It also updated the flash player.

And still doesn't work.

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the 503's continuing since yesterday guys. We just took the servers down very briefly for maintenance to hopefully help resolve the problem. Apologies if we kicked you out of the game.

To give some background info; The issue started occurring since we had to reinstall our system backend application due to a hardware failure on one of the servers yesterday morning. Once it was up it had to cache things up and we have a reason to believe that parts of data were missing from cache that caused issues.

I am seeing some of you suggesting various things such as reinstalling. The error 503 is a connection timeout issue and it is very unlikely that reinstalling the game or removing game user files would help. Your result was probably a mere coincidence.

If you weren't having 503's before then I am confident that the issue resides on our end which we are doing our best to solve. If you were getting a lot of 503 errors before yesterday it might indicate high latency or unstable connection or a security software/router blocking the communication.

As stated before, we are planning things to reduce the online dependencies. While we can't promise an entire "offline" version, we will optimize and reduce some of the rather complex interconnected services.

• Informative x 17
    • Like x 13
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Had a popup saying the servers were down for maintenance a few minutes ago. Now it's back to the login screen with the "Backend services unavailable" message

5. AnthonyRofail

AnthonyRofail Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sonat, it should be fixed today?

6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I really hope that the game will be less internet connection reliant in the future. It is getting very frustrating to see my access to the content I had paid for cannot be accessed because of some backend server issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys at Sector3,

while your servers had a problem yesterday some client software seemed to go nuts, too! Yesterday evening (german local time 9:00 p.m.) a racing fellow and I tried - not knowing that there are some severe issues in the back going on - to do some online racing in R3E. As I couldn't start my own online server due to "Dedicated server registration errors" we could join another public race via the R3E-MP-Lobby. But as soon as the training sessions were over, R3E went nuts: the screen was frozen, the last engine sound was in a loud endless loop and for the worst: our wheels turned with full power to one side and stayed there - as I have described in detail over here.

After shutting down R3E and doing a restart I ran into this Error 503, too, so no further tests were possible.

Come on guys: That's not good in any matter how R3E is programmed this way. Imagine one has not a "week" Logitech oder CSW V1 but a direct drive wheel with x-times of torque. That could even break fingers ore more. Besides: I doubt that Sector 3 would pay for broken bones or hardware caused by such a severe issue?!

Now, I wont restart R3E anymore or even pay any more for further content - and I have a lot, nearly all, so far - until these issues are clearly sorted, fixed, secured and communicated.

Additionally I am asking my german racing community - over 2.000 people very addicted to all kind of sim racing - if someone else had similar issues and give a warning to them, to be aware of this misbehaviour of the R3E software and immediately shut down their wheel if such a thing happens to them.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't happen often. Servers have had no issues for months.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Specs probably aren't going to help with error 503 ;) It's probably a faulty thing on their side, server related.. since (almost) everyone is having it.

10. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for trying to solve this. An offline (even with the need to connect once in a while) would really help both ways, hope you can make this happen.

Meanwhile, is there a server status on a webpage somewhere, so we don't have to launch the game every time to check when it's up again?

11. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Ummm its pretty clear they are having issues and it is gonna take a couple days to sort out. As for the wheel, I don't know but nothing moves fast here, so if you expect insta fix, you are not gonna get it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    works for me, has since last night.

Try using a vpn to connect if you guys really can't live without it. I have a 100% connection rate when I use my vpn.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Lovely contradictions there.

We can live without it, thanks for the condescending concern ;) Anyway, I don't see how a VPN would solve the problem on their servers, and in any case I don't really want to pay an extra VPN on top of the rest.

14. Nils Herbstrieth

Nils Herbstrieth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    For me the problem is still there, has always bin since friday .... :(
    Sometimes it logs in but most of the time not ...

15. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Incorrect. My point is that if you can't live without the game and rather than repeatedly complain about the same issue over and over here, take 5 minutes to set up a vpn and try it and see if it works for you. It did for me, heck it might not work.

I am actually trying to be helpful, but people would rather complain and flame rather that put a mild amount of their own effort in to potentially fix the problem.

There is nothing wrong with the server right now, that is why a vpn would/might work. If you have read Sonat's post he indicated 503 errors are network related. I.e last year many people in germany who had a specific ISP router were being blocked by their ISP.

There are some limited bandwidth free VPNs....google is amazing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Read my post again, and tell me where you see a complain. I'm thanking them for being busy solving the problem, and asking whether there's a server status somewhere, I haven't been around for long and despite searching I haven't found any URL, I know that's pretty standard practice though.

Then read your post again, and the tone of it. I see you're upset because people are complaining about this problem, but quoting random posts, being condescending and boasting on how you don't have this problem will not be perceived as helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am just trying to help people, I was directing my post at everyone/anyone not singling you out, I should have made that clearer. I am not upset at all.

From Sonat's post they fixed the server. That is why some lucky people can get on.

They have been having 503 issues for a long time, a fix will likely not come out soon. imo. They have to restructure parts of the net code bc it seems ISP routers/software do not like the way r3e communicates and blocks parts of it, hence a timeout error. I think there are some posts from sonat that are more specific and technical, if you do a search. Hope I am wrong and a fix is found.

18. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I'm still having the issue, but it's nice to hear a statement from one of the guys! That'll keep me satisfied.

For now ;)

19. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Worked yesterday and today shortly.Now again the Five O Three error Message.....c'mon it's Saturday:eek:;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I've had 503 errors pretty much only during the last day or two so, before that they happened very rarely, so at least for me this is quite new problem. I fiddled a little bit with my VPN and it seems that I get good successes using poroxy located in Germany. Many other locations in Europe I've tried were more or less hit and miss.

• Informative Informative x 1