English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    no race 2?

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    almost .... 95% processed...
    Ill click publish as soon that its done.

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There it is
    Race 02

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. John Galus

John Galus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    What's the status on the ESR racing school?
    If it's still in the pipeline, I'm down to help people practice and setup for Hungaroring. Just hit me up with a PM / add me on steam.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I'll have a chat with Andy soon about the driving school program but it'll officially start after the champ is over. maybe in the meantime you guys can coordinate for a couple of nights from today till Friday and gather in teamspeak for the teaching part :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    her is Swedish sim racers bas roles. its in swedich and i am not translating it. maby later.
    it is only fore studdy and to get an ide how to drive and whats is ok and not to do .

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Can I suggest a Friday evening around 8 or 9pm US central time, this will enable me to attend as well, as it will be Saturday morning 9 or 10am in West Oz.
    Cheers

8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I can also setup the server to whatever you want. More practice time ? A password ?

9. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    This might be a good idea, although an hour should be plenty, as far as a PW is concerned I think it's best to have one, so there is no outside distractions.
    I also think it best if this week is just concentrated on the best lines in & out of corners etc, no point complicating things, thoughts please?

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Ozzy, you mentioned a ____ setup at the practice race/ training with Kahn. I was going to share my base BMW setup during the official driving school. It's served me well and continues to do so- with only minor adjustments for each track. I focus on a forgiving setup that allows me to keep that gas on when exiting turns. That's why I pulled away mostly exiting turns during our training today.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good.
    Will make a third server with a password. We will call it Esr-DTS (edit ).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  12. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    "I hear ya" @Clapper I think we were running different gear ratios too, I had the 7/24 ratio where as you and Khan were running 10/36 I think, hence more pull out the apexes, and why I was missing mine, I tend to make my setups curb tolerant too, as I have a bad habit of hitting them :oops::eek: and the curbs are fairly tall in a few corners @ Hungaroring, which upset the car on exit, making it harder to power out from the apex.

As far as your base setup goes appreciate you offering it up for the Driver Training School (DTS :D) we will probably be using the F-jnr & NSU a lot too as they are limited in setup tweaking, which is ideal for learning basic car craft. So if you, or anyone else for that matter, wants to develop a base for these 2 cars it would be very well received and appreciated.

The ESR-DTS will be for the new sim racer wanting to learn how to pick the best race lines or establish some basics in car craft, it will also be for those wishing to move to the next level of their skill set, and learn how to develop a setup that works well for their driving style. This is why we've asked for the assistance from the faster drivers (Aliens if you will;):p) in ESR, and appreciate them offering to assist in this project.
    It is not a guaranteed alien developer :p that is only acquired through many hours of constant practice, and understanding of car behavior and control, the DTS will be about pointing drivers in the right direction so eventually we can have fully packed grids of similar talented drivers, which will make the ESR league races even more competitive and fun;) for all drivers.

There's nothing more off putting than being 4 seconds slower than every one else, and at the back of the field driving on your own, I know, Ive been there, as many of us have in our sim racing careers.

I have spent 18yrs trying to catch the aliens, I'm still trying :rolleyes:;), just wish there was something like a DTS around when I first started sim-racing, could of saved me from some lonely, boring races.

Cheers, Cya on the grid:cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There was an incident reported for review by the stewards.
    Incident involving @chrisnj @Matt Bailey and multiple cars during formation lap
    And as per
    4.2 Penalties
    - If an official complaint is raised to the admin of the league, a video evidence will be provided to 5 ESR members.
    - The voting member will be selected randomly from all of the ESR members (could be a participant or not of the current championship)
    - The 5 voting members will remain anonymous (please note that staff/admins are excluded from the voting process)
    - In case one is found faulty, a Drive Thru penalty will be applied for each infraction committed (to be performed the next Race Session). In addition, 5pts will be subtracted from your current score for each of those infractions.
    - In case one's not correctly positioned during formation lap(s), a penalty of -2pts x pos will be applied (6 pos away from correct one grants a DSQ)

A penalty has been given to @Matt Bailey
    He will receive a -5pts on Championship points and will have to perform a Drive Through during next Round or first round possible he'll be attending. Penalty has to be served during Race 01 session.

14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There was an incident reported for review by the stewards.
    Incident involving @chrisnj during formation lap

As per
    4.3 Manual Mechanics
    *IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!*
    Manual Formation Lap

- Leader will dictate the speed (3rd gear max), while others will form a scattered formation maintaining pace and contact with other cars.
    - Leader can accelerate once on the straight (and others should follow)
    - No overtakes allowed until crossing the start/finish line at the end of formation lap.

Rule 4.2 part - - In case one's not correctly positioned during formation lap(s), a penalty of -2pts x pos will be applied (6 pos away from correct one grants a DSQ)
    - In case one is found faulty, a Drive Thru penalty will be applied for each infraction committed (to be performed the next Race Session).
    A penalty has been given to @chrisnj
    He will receive a -2pts on Championship points for gaining a position during formation lap and will have to perform a Drive Through during next Round or first round possible he'll be attending. Penalty has to be served during Race 01 session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Insaneozzy

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, a server has been setup for some driver training, details below.

Friday April 22nd 8.01pm EDT (0.01am GMT->Sat ) on ESR-DTS:
    BMW DTM & TC @ Hungaroring ( P=Morning )
    Session:120min
    Password:dts

Come and join us :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    thank you for including driver trainer, I will join you guys friday night for sure. I dont want to run into the back of anyone any more!

• Like Like x 1
  18. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Guys I've finally put together the stats for each driver
    You can check them out here.
    I've divided them into different stacks showing three drivers at a time.
    Hope you'll like the recap and details!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Sadly I will not be able to make it.

20. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0