English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Have the wife give you some "special medicine" that will pep you right up

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, is there a new TS server? im cant connect to the old one.

3. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Haha, I wish:p
    Not gonna make it Im afraid :(, good luck to everyone, have fun.

4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Alrighty guys..
    We had a few accidents tonight so if you need to report please send me or @MeMotS, @chrisnj a PM here with a video of the accident(s).
    Don't post it here as we don't want to start a war :)
    Remember rules are there for a reason and penalties will occur if one's found faulty
    Thanks!

5. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I've reviewed the replay of tonight's races and, I've seen that there are still quite some problems with certain pilots in regards of being lapped/being slow in general.
    We spent quite a good amount of time and posts in the past days trying to find a solution to a good and safe overtake and I thought that with

was very explicit and easy to grasp...
    Going wide and creating a huge space inviting pilots that are close by to attempt an overtake and then suddenly change direction trying to hit the apex, it's not a smart move: it's just risking an accident with actually high chances to succeed.

I'll say it another time here:
    We all know our skill and our limits
    If you're being lapped or can't keep the pace with the other drivers you must try to facilitate the overtake of the chasing car(s) by:
    - not making strange moves or sudden change of directions
    - keeping your line on the straights (no change of direction) and during turns as well
    - decelerate a bit to facilitate the overtake

If you then have the pace to fight back once overtaken you're allowed to do so, but please remember to follow those guidelines in order not to ruin anyone's race.

So this is just a reminder for next rounds.
    I hope everyone got the message this time.
    Thanks

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. John Galus

John Galus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I think my example of letting Gorgiev Lap me is a pretty decent lesson for those who are confused.
    I kept pushing, but maintained the outside line through a few corners until he passed me into T1.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Notice how predictable Galus was. No sudden movements. Kept to the racing line and when he was off the racing line he stayed off of it, not coming back onto it suddenly. Maintained safe control of his car. If you can just be predictable, its up to the other guy to be safe and pass.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, sorry to anyone who I might have hit and ruined your race. im still new and Im getting used to the ropes so i appreciate your patience with me! Ill be sure to be more careful in the future and I hope all good races for us in the future! :) see you next time

• Like Like x 3
  9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    We should do an enduro at norisring with P1 and 4x tire wear, fuel usage and a full grid.
    :D:D:D

Imagine the madness.

• Like Like x 1
  10. chrisnj

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    At least you'd get some clear track after T1 :p No matter how good the brakes are id bet half brake so early they park it and the rest end up somewhere near the next city down. :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I apologize for slowing at the apex. From the start of the race it was chaotic and I lost my nerve from the get go. Race two was a better race with less incident for me

12. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I vote enduro race on rims

13. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    I vote for brake earlier and leave space

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Goran Gorgiev

Goran Gorgiev Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    When will video replay from both races be ready?:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, good point and where are the ESR's commentators? Why they retired?

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Family, life and other items happens.
    The replay's have been recorded and are still being uploaded as far as i know. ( good thing we had a back up this week, because again my recording pc rebooted itself killing the recording )

Edit : I just checked there is still a few hours to go as per Youtube video manager.

17. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Some of our fast racers drive like a train, I won't call out names, because don't want to boil up things, but my thoughts should be expressed.

So, if you are faster than me - we both know it, but you faster than me only during qualification when the perfect lane is open all the lap. When we meet during the race and I am ahead of you and closing the inside lane it's probably obvious that my braking point would be much earlier than always, because I'd like stay inside lane even after the corner. That's how I do most of the time. Your benefit is still available to overtake by going wider getting better momentum to overtake later outside lane. That's how it works.

And if you think that I will brake later because of you licking my rear bumper - you are mistaken, I will brake late as possible but to remain on the inside as I planned.

Don't count on that you can frighten me or stress like this, it's just doesn't work on me, instead of this you will simply hit me and push away off track, so, if you chasing me or anybody else leaving only few inches between our cars – always be ready to react and brake hard when we approach the corner, if you can't react like this just find another way to overtake, ramming is not the option for our league.

And don't forget about P2P connection delay it's always 0,1-0,2 sec in addition to calculate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Race 1 @ Norisring

• Like Like x 1
  19. chrisnj

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    With that being said i think we need to make the Horn a top priority over flags, and a select few will be given a train whistle to blow when they come blasting around the mountain. :eek::eek:o_O:)

I find it fun to battle with you and have very few issues with collisions with you. When in a battle, i know i can trust your driving and that you are not going to cause an accident. It is actually the perfect example of how to defend. You hold your lines, usually the inside, and brake slightly early to compensate the inside line. And another thing you don't seem to do much is drive your mirrors. You are aware that Im behind you and of where I am at but you don't use your mirrors as a windscreen :p I usually look forward to a good battle when I see you on track.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Someone has a man crush. :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1