English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Was a good test to see if I can keep up just jumping in with little practice and a slightly tweaked setup and dispite @Insaneozzy I had some nice little dogfights as well (incl scratching and knocking ;) with those who had fallen back through race accidents) but it was all tough & fair. (And by knowing I couldn't hold them back) I also gave enough room so that we both could take our chances (too much fighting costs too much time anyway and I had not much to spare :D )...well, no mistakes, hold my pace constantly thoughout the race....bit boring to the end (tyres became critical then) but okay...didn't regret to join ;)

Thx

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully you reconsider, take a day or two....it will take a few races for people to hopefully wisen up, sort of speak. Get rules in place to protect racers etc...

Are you andy scott in game?

I watched an incident on replay, not sure if this is the one you are talking about, but you went off track on the turn before, so it gets a bit grey when that happens We should probably figure out what needs to occur at that point. Are you suppose to yield the spot etc... I don't know.

Not pointing fingers or anything. :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
  4. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the rapid updates!

Well, bad news that I had an accident with Conti (last lap, last corner lol), sorry by the way, I was waiting for you (Gentleman's Rule) and you just didn't go... You could take some points if you didn't surrender and I could finish higher too! Pity!

I am glad Tim took the 3rd place in Race #2! Precious points for our team!

Good news is that Smoking Aces strengthened top position and I climbed one position up in overall standings! Hooray!

Looking forward for the next stage!

Awesome race and emotions!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    LoL

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  7. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    LoL 2

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Don't know how to take it... If just as a fun video or if it's something that shows underneath an hidden discontent for how things are going in the champ.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Had a good time racing last night, although I was typically at the back of the proverbial bus. I couldn't get a good qually lap, so it was going to be a battle from the back, so to speak. The first race my strategy was to just put down solid laps and hopefully others make mistakes, or tires would come into play....maybe I can sneak into the top 10 . I felt I did pretty well, considering I am pretty slow on the track, although I maybe could have pushed it a bit more on the last 3-4 laps as I was closing down on people.

Second race I was doing ok, then I pulled a Kvyatt impression on T3....clipped some of the grass braking and off into circles I went. I lost about 12 seconds on that and any chance of getting a point was out the window. After that I did all I could to claw back 6-7 seconds and finished with a good battle with @Gerbuho. I was able to pass him the second last lap, but then I messed up later on T2 only to lose position. My only hope was the last two turns and I ended up hitting the curb on the last turn, which caused all sorts of problems since I was coming in faster than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    On another note, some people are getting frustrated with various aspects of the racing. It is understandable, but bear in mind the initial intent of this group was not to really need many rules because people would race respectfully and intelligently, which is how the STRONG majority of the ESR races had been previous. Of course there are going to be mistakes, errors and stupid moves combined with a period of some getting into synch with this style of racing.

The goal of this Championship is to have intense racing, with a more organized and larger group of people. Couple with the added bonus of having a race schedule and points at play to bring the racing up a notch. The goal is NOT to score points at all costs.

So, it seems we are at a checkpoint where we need to either decide to start dishing out penalties/fouls, making more rules. Or more extreme, just getting rid of people who don't respect the ethos of the group.

OR people just race smarter...but how many times do we say this?

:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    "The goal is NOT to score points at all costs"

I totally feel the same Sean. This is a checkpoint and where we go from here determines the future of this championship. I haven't been around as long as many of you but early on I got a feel for what the admin team had in mind. It's about high quality, safe, respectful, and competitive racing. The object of not having a bunch rules was to rely on us as the drivers to drive honestly.

This is also exactly along the lines of what I was thinking. It was implied and written explicitly from the beginning that the racing is to be done honestly. Battling and blatantly forcing are two different things. So how many times do we say 'do better next time'?

I dont know how to handle it, but wanted to second everything Sean said.

Thank you to the Organizers for going through all the hardships and dealing with the horrors of running a league. It is greatly appreciated and many of us are really enjoying the championship!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I knew corner exit speed at T1,T2, and T8 would be important to keep up with some of the Vettes, but that was brutal! I just couldn't get the front end to my liking. But overall I was happy with the races.

Race 1 went well. I accidently grabbed an extra gear downshifting for T3, spinning out, and ended up collecting someone else. I just wanted to apologize for that, I think it may have been ChrisNJ?

Race 2 went alright. I did feel like a certain someone was a bit aggressive during the race. If I leave you room on the inside, that is not an invitation to push me wide into the grass. I've realized that with some people the respect isn't mutual, so for the future I don't see any reason to give them room or make passing easy for them.

Also, please stop with the flashing of headlights. If we're racing for 10 laps straight, I'm aware you're there. I'm obviously not a lapped car. So the only reason I can think you're doing it is to be distracting, which seems a bit unsportsmanlike.

Overall I had a great time and enjoyed clean racing with everyone else. Just wanted to vent about a few things / one driver ;). Thanks for all the hard work you guys do to make this happen.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    100% joke. I'm just a soul who's intentions are good ;)

I see the drivers base of ESR strong and aware of whats wanted in terms of good racing. Since I'm sure the serious part of the incidents could be treated properly by the procedures stablished, I think we could also laugh at aourselves a little.
    Note: The question mark is part of the joke for ourselves, I really think the group has a high competitive level.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Please man, don't change the good for the bad. I've been experiencing that from the days of Gran Turismo and yes, it makes you feel stupid at the moment. Let me tell you, in previus race I was taken out for giving space and keeping my line, for the next lap I changed attutude, I was like: "I won't do it again, I will look to the front only no matter what"... and actually it didn't feel good, so I droped those thoughts in the next turn. I know the basics of good racing and I will keep giving room and avoid unsafe maneuvers (whenever I can, my lack of skills makes it harder sometimes), if someone takes advantage... good for him; I won't worsen my driving because of the driving of others. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Flashing headlights during the race forbidden too?

Guys, are you about to forbidden using flashing headlights during the race?

I am asking because so many people nervous about that. I use lights all the time, because it's huge psychological pressure and if you can't handle – what's the problem with me?

Closing insides = bad
    Flashing lights = bad

Maybe Euro Truck Simulator is your game?

Some guys hitting my rear bumper too frequently even when I am braking at the edges and not defending, so what? I am not making noise about this, because I know this feeling when you trying to overtake someone. It's racing on its finest.

Hitting Conti was bad, I agree, but I apologized ASAP and slowed down after accident. Even the best can fail. The rest of my race was super neat and tolerant, watch replays.

16. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    50/50

The goal is to score the points but NOT at all costs. Balance between points and efforts – this is what I am chasing for.

17. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Lazorenko, the moment I gave you room on the inside you ran me off. I'm sure you can see what message that sent to me for future races.

The flashing of lights is just annoying. Even in professional racing, it's used if you're coming up on a slower / lapped car. Not as a means of psychological advantage. It's just in poor taste IMO.

18. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Other drivers don't seem to have a problem chasing the points without causing preventable accidents. To me, this league seems to be more 60/40 Safety and respect/ Points for the Champ.

I hate to dampen the mood on the forum with this stuff guys, but feel that there is an important message in safety over points.

Sorry guys!

Edit: 60/40 I'm a dumby but you knew what I meant lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  19. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    What layout are we racing on Nürburgring, and when will the practise sessions go live?
    Have missed out on two races..
    And haven't had much time to race in R3E the last couple of weeks, so I will need some serious practice for the next one!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Provide the fact of ramming plz. Video of that moment would be nice to watch. Because I didn't see one.

About lights. Well.
    Tastes could not be discussed!