Released Formula RaceRoom 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just saying, i did. Both ways. no VRP in account, overlay hangs. It happens elsewhere too, if you try to buy and have no balance, overlay hangs. It is one exception, SteamAPI; if overlay !=null {doShop} else {throw at least an exception}. How can a person know he has to have Steam overlay enabled? He should not, if that is needed game has to give him this advice when it encounters this conflict. It should never just hang.

2. Squid Cap

Squid Cap New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    As for the actual car, i like it. Good balance on difficulty, safety margins well set: it gets dangerous when you are close to your own limits. Veering offtrack to gravel and you need to keep your cool on dirty tires, realism probably would say that they wouldn't be perfectly clean after one turn but better this way. Also i was on pubs so don't know what settings are available in the dedi, tire wear was most likely off.. No tire temps hurt me, that is probably the only thing i'm good at with formulas, managing tires but once again, maybe it was due to server settings... ;)

Surprisingly low number of FR2 servers on day 1 and even more disappointing to see them all using spa, hockenheim etc that noobs can't get access to in first 10 minutes without spending another fiver, per track.. 1st day holiday gamers who are pumped full of oxytocin, dopamine etc. before they ever start the game, perfect chance of getting addiction habit forming, they should get to online action easier; just by buying the car but that is private server owners decision and keeping bought content keeps the wreckers out.. I get it but it does bum newcomers who are not in simracing to overtake stupid AIs (they always are stupid and predictable..). I was already thinking of running my own server.... Maybe i'll put up a noob server and keep some eye on it, kick the wreckers out.

You know what would be super? 24th or 25th.. european tracks and RR2 open for all... a bit late to make such offers but just saying, there is a whole another crowd coming with open wheelers... Look i'm back the day formulas came, isn't that saying something? Bought Spa too. Had to, no online racing without it..

3. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    No plans for that at the moment. We did play around with wobbling parts but nothing saw the light of day so far. Never say never, but it ain't planned right now for sure.

Regarding mechanical damage, however, (how you abuse gearbox / engine etc) we're aware that there are inconsistencies in there for the various cars. That's something we want to revisit and make sure it's consistent across the board.

• Like Like x 3
  4. russlar

russlar Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday at that time, the Steam sale had just launched, and Steam was down a lot

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Flat out from the cutting all the way along.the top of thr mountain at Bathurst with a massive grin and very tightly clenched buttocks. Just awesome, completely awesome

• Like Like x 3
  6. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Now you guys have a formula model to go off , i want to eventually see formula 5000 .

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha, just loaded it up for the first time and I can't believe no-one else has mentioned the little tribute to the original Microprose Grand Prix games! Would have thought these guys might be a bit old by now.......

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. GeneralMotors

GeneralMotors Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Me personally i just like i like old school racing that was more analog , but im still waiting for v8 super cars , i do wana see less DTM more different race series , i think formula 5000 adds to the retro side of formula racing for raceroom

9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I did think I was imagining things, but the opponent names really are from the original F1GP aren't they?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Will have to get this tonight....Looks great! Can't wait to drive them...Thanks Sector3

11. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    A question to the devs and/or @J-F Chardon : I'm sure you have some solid date on GP2 cars, as the FR2 shall be similar. Do you have any info on the real steering forces of a GP2 car? Everything I found so far, it's less than F1 (while F1 is less than a cart...) :(

12. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Is this available directly through Steam or only through the Portal/Store?

13. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Only through Portal/Store.

14. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for replying about this issue. It would indeed be great if at some stage the whole visual and mechanical damage and performance penalty situation was re-evaluated. As far as I can tell R3E is the only current sim that basically has no performance penalty from crash damage. It doesn't make for much of an online/offline experience when you can use other cars and barriers as brakes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to turn down the car bouncing in cockpit view? It's bouncing too much (in my opinion) while my virtual head is fairly steady - my neck wouldn't be that much of a shock absorber :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    AI 104% @ Hockenheim is great!

17. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have much understeer and my back spins a lot. Any suggestions how to control the car ^^

18. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you reach the car's limit?

19. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    stay away from curbs. open wheelers never like curbs.

20. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    True RF2 is probably the car that is most difficult to drive on Race Room Raceways.