GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    They haven't said it'll be on DX11 only that it'll be on UE4 and a new physics engine.

Personally I'm hoping they go Vulcan or DX12 and be a leader instead of using an ageing API.

2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    No, it doesn't mean that S3 is working on GTR3, but it means thatrecources are moving from theformer to the latter

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    They are sharing resources when appropriate.

R3E still has a long development cycle ahead of it, believe me, I've tried to get the devs to stop but they are adamant it's going to continue to get better, with what's being worked on at the moment, I believe them too.

• Like Like x 1
  4. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    afaik Ue4 is using DX10 with some DX11. I'm no expert in this, but it seems that DX12 can't be used there.
    ...and who has ever heard of a dx-version with an even number?

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    UE3 was DX10 and 11, UE4 was built mostly for DX12 and Vulcan.

6. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I stand corrected :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  7. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @Don Rudi
    try rennsimulanten.de no league, no obligations, but sadly very little racers for R3E
    race tonight at 20:00 GT2 @ Oschersleben
    I'm not that good either (div 4-5 in competitions)

• Like Like x 1
  8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    That's my point
    You have some things to look forward to, I don't

9. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate, I‘ll have a look. But after the weekend - I booked a slot in a helicopter sim this sunday and till then I have to practice heli flying rather than racing ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I dont understand why discussions get always buried by "funny videos" or "memes". He @schielchen have a real question or a problem in which way s3 do how they do it.
    Yes there are different kind of adjustable or tweakable stuff but then please think about it and list it here.
    Im looking forward...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

:p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Yes Mr Humor Police, Sir.
    So sorry about trying to lighten the mood a little with some innocent fun images/vids.
    @schielchen got one and a half pages worth of reasonable answers (to a "problem" that can't really be solved anyway, cause it's his subjective emotions towards the inner workings of a business that isn't his) but please continue to concentrate your attention on the two fun items posted in between.
    Next time I post sth I will totally mind your "no fun allowed" forum rule...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

See you in a few years buddy:(

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The guy was a clown anyway, all memes and bubbles and he doesn't even use a steering wheel :eek:
    Just think how much quicker browsing this forum will become now, string him up I say!!!!!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ,,,meanwhile in Kekistan...
    [​IMG]

16. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    Please don't change the topic.
    Although you are right in saying that I do not understand the inner workings of S3/SimBin,
    this is not what my posts are about. Funnily you admit having answers to what cannot be answered!???
    Instead, you elude my concerns by posting unrelated nonsense (things are funny when they relate to the topic, in context)
    The only thing I learned so far was about the capabilities of the UE4 ( thanks @D.Boon )
    That is a remarkable meager harvest and shows the worth of trying to adress uncomfortable topics in this forum.
    Your behavior ( @Christian Göpfert ) only strengthened my caution towards S3.
    At least there I got reassurance.
    Should I be thankful for that?
    I don't think so

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What is the "uncomfortable" topic tho? That you refuse to fund GTR3 through RR (which isn't how it works anyway) cause RR doesn't feature the things you would have wanted it to? That you're sceptical about something somehow? Well, what remedy for that could you possibly be hoping for on this forum?
    And just for the record, I wasn't the one raising the topic of evil funny pictures "drowning" the forums...
    How did I admit anything?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  18. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert
    Why do you give answers to someone, if you don't know what they are talking about?
    Why do you try to lighten up a discussion that had been very civilized so far?
    You keep insisting that I don't know "how it works", but insisting isn't enough.
    A remedy? If you don't know the problem, how do you expect to know the remedy?
    How did you admit...?
    "got one and a half pages worth of reasonable answers (to a "problem" that can't really be solved anyway, cause it's his subjective emotions towards the inner workings of a business that isn't his)"
    Let me point the reader to the word 'reasonable' ;)
    As for me and this forum, I'm a bit wiser now.
    I now know from whom I cannot expect answers. Luckily this does'nt say anything about the forum as a whole.
    One last thing: Who do you think is interested in your unfounded assumptions about my emotions?

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Your last couple posts almost read as though they come from someone who has already formed such a strong opinion based on speculation that nothing anyone else says will change or influence your thoughts.

And to be honest, Im not even all that sure what your issues actually are any more. You didnt answer my response to you in a different thread about a roadmap for the future, and why you were unsure about the future... so it just seems like needless complaints when you have already gotten answers for your concerns.

For the future, you have already been told from numerous people what is being worked on, and what is to come... along with much more that hasnt been mentioned, yet you then turn around and say that your questions cannot be answered? Dont see the logic in that.

As for the MP ranking system... The ranking system is already partly functional and has been working in the background for a while, so you and many others have already been 'ranked' to an extent. Not only that, but we already have private lobbies which literally lock people out of participating. Have either of those decreased player counts? Nope. There really isnt any logic that says once the MP ranking system is fully released that it will decrease players. Nothing would lead you to that conclusion except a pre-existing bias.

Your original question about a future roadmap along with other people that have asked the same is certainly reasonable, as everyone would like to have an idea of what is coming... but there comes a point where once you are told what is being worked on... that you need to accept it and move on. Dont start saying that the things you are being told arent real, and that we have answers to something that cannot be answered.

• Like Like x 2
  20. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    This is pointless. One last question @nate :
    What made you say this?:
    "Dont start saying that the things you are being told arent real, and that we have answers to something that cannot be answered."