Released Guia Circuit aka Macau

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 16, 2015.

1. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    True, but that's not the issue here. I think it became clear in the other thread that the issue is not dependent on the power of your rig, but of an infinite number of possible conflicts between track code, your graphic settings or your setup. As a user, I think it would be fair to expect a levelled performance at all points of the game (giver or take a couple of drops in performance here and there), provided you found an initial good balance of graphical options. If all of your cars perform perfectly in all the tracks but one, I think its fair to assume that while you might be able to circumvent it by tweaking even further your settings, you shouldn't have to.

Simracing on a budget for the win! My rig is laughably low-key, and I have no plans to update it any time in the foreseeable future. Well, maybe a large screen at some point, it's no fun driving with a 15 inch laptop from afar.

2. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know what the main race at the Macau Grand Prix will be this year? What are they replacing WTCC with?

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I assume there'll be a local touring car race; there always was in years past. However, the real growth over the last few years has been the GT race; in my opinion, it needs to be longer and have a pit stop, but it's attracting top competition.

Main race is always the F3 though, surely? Whatever Eurosport may say.

• Like Like x 1
  4. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    TCR International Series

• Like Like x 2
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I recently checked out Macau with DTM 013 in SP/MP and its a blast ! (For a moment a "WTCC ?? Pfffff..." came to my mind ).
    I doubt that modern DTM will ever be seen on Macau again but that would be something...
    Btw. what a pitty that DTM 013 races are so rarely seen in Multiplayer and if there is one, then mostly with DTM Standard Tracks...:rolleyes::(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Know the track a bit better by now and i'm really pleased to be able to race this amazing track in Raceroom! :cool: Very very challenging to drive.. Now after wtcc cant wait for "slower openwheelers" to tame this track! And have stunning races in the (nearby) future..

Someone of of our team called it "Monaco on Steroids" and damn he's spot on! :hearteyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    How do you drive round that narrow Melco hairpin? It is always some sort of pile up there.

I always get stuck on the way out of the hair pin because the AI pushed me as I am too slow.

8. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Increase steering lock and take a very wide angle in. Taking the 'Loeb Approach' and kicking the back end out can work for a low downforce cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    May I know where do I increase steering lock?

I can do it quite easily with WTCC cars but it is almost impossible with GT3s and Group 5. The ai also piles up like crazy there and ram you off the line when you are turning.

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Steering settings in the garage.
    steering lock at 18 does the trick for me.

11. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I can do it with 13 in GT2s but need to get the line right, 14 and up for GT3s