News Mercedes-AMG online race competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 7, 2016.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    So because in real life the cars haven't clocked laptimes under 1:32.000 you're saying any such time in the game is a cheat?
    The leaderboards aspect in this game (or any other racing game that has time attack competitions for that matter) is a particular sport: it takes not only driving skills but also time and countless laps to clock the perfect lap as well as abilities to optimize the car setup to find every possible tenth of a second the car can deliver. Those car setups wouldn't last long in a real race due to increased tire wear and unsafe downforce levels, etc.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  2. stuffwinner

stuffwinner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any lap time under 1:32.000 is theoretically not possible with a DTM 2016 specification. Your assertion that it takes optimization to increase possible into perfect is not correct. Tweaking a car is not going to make it reach a top speed of over 220 Mph if the car's top speed is 220 miles. It takes driving skills and countless laps to run the vehicle at 220 Mph? It takes one run, not countless laps, and you talk like anything is possible if your code writing allows for someone to do what normally is not possible. If your vehicle produces 30 horsepower, it is not possible to reach 220 Mph straight line. And then you tell me that it takes time and countless laps to perfect it. And how do you expect to straighten out your wheels beyond straightening them for a top speed run? A little bit of toe in the front just to make sure your tire wear is unsafe? Weather I'm driving in United States or Germany, I assure you 30 horsepower is 30 horsepower. Furthermore, lap times on a leaderboard instead of some other user interfaced method does not make a leaderboard a sport. Milliseconds protects your time, it doesn't make room to philosophize on how the sport works, and if like bumping 3rd place to 1st place because you like their name or their lap time looks nice.

I am without question the best driver in North America, and I'm already in talks with Daimler over not allowing falsified entries or augmented lap times. How is it that they understand me and you are telling me that 1:32.000 is not approaching zero. In your calculations, I should drive around the track with a lap time of 0:55.000 because I optimized my car, right? At what point do you not realize that 1:29.899 beyond 0 and not possible? It is very simple, You will find that there is alteration at a structural level in part, and as long as this occurs, then differences with lap times are based purely on input variability and the values they are dependent on. Like all intelligent decisions, the method should be applied to the entire field of contestants, not just the top 4 male and 4 female. I'm not a developer and I know how to find every lap time that is altered. You are a developer, so that means that you should be able to at least resolve this issue.

• Funny x 6
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    • Creative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i think your confusing a few things here , fact , opinion and ego

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    "I am without question the best driver in North America, and I'm already in talks with Daimler over not allowing falsified entries or augmented lap times."

Obvious troll is... obvious?

:rolleyes::D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Jeez, someone's up their own arse!
    At least now we know Trumps RR username!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. stuffwinner

stuffwinner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's actually interesting, because I deleted Trump as a friend on my steam account about a month ago. I don't like Trump for indiscriminately disliking large groups of people and other manifestations of abusive laughter. How I know Trump does not concern you or anyone for that matter. I'm a perfectionist, not a perfect person, but don't be angry at me for not falling short of excellence. Some people write textbooks, and others memorize the answers. I'm the type of person that actually know the right answer, not memorizes what they are told is the answer. So I appreciate your thought that I might be conceited, but I really just excel at what I do.

As for lap times, physical limitations of a vehicle are not made by man, but rather, it is the very foundation to the way the world around us works, and I love conquering and winning, not cheating, and that's what motorsport is all about. There are only a few people who can say that they are the best, and I'm one of them. So take your laughter somewhere else.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

sorry but you win the muppet of the week award ...;
    your first few post telling everyone about impossible times and cheating programs etc ....
    Sorry you need to climb down off the donkey you arrived on and have a quick look around for some manners and humility ....
    and motorsport is about pushing the limitations of the rules within there limits and competing ; if you do neither then winning isnt even remotely on the calender

have a great weekend and try your best to suck it up a bit

Fluff and rainbows

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    He is right. I admit it. I wrote a code to cheat. It took me a lot of hours but it was worth it. I was finally able to run a laptime under 1:32.000.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    For me, the main problem was that locked differential settings. It definitely 'killed' me, and my driving style.

11. stuffwinner

stuffwinner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Forgive me for not mentioning it but 1:32.000 is referring to Hockenheimring in Germany.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Its a game not the reality! all games have problems to match the real times! And the times very close in R3E. I see in iracing 7:42.000 at VLN Nordschleife for gt3 cars. Its 12 sek. away from real times.

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    So it turns out our friend here took your message seriously and didn't understand the joke at all.
    Careful what you say ;-)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, not sure if I should cry or laugh.. :confused:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    He should have read some posts before, to learn the subtle sense of humour here in the forum ;).

16. Tim Heinemann

Tim Heinemann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    so who's the cheater now :fearscream::tonguewink:

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Just did a 1:31.910 without cheating!:p
    competition NSU TT Zandfort
    upload_2016-10-10_21-9-20.png

18. stuffwinner

stuffwinner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    J-F Chardon is trying to protect cheating in a competition that is put on by a professional establishment, Daimler. He first made a post that said that I made a nice pdf and sent it to Daimler. He has now changed the message. And this message is the report itself before I post it in the forum. His message was placed on the page with the post message "Last edited: Today at 8:43 AM" because he changed the whole message to something else. The only similarity between the first message is the usage of letters found in the first message. Would you like to know the +/_ differential between the two messages as an alphabet count? I can alter code just fine, but I love motorsport so much, that I stretch out my arms and defy gravity, not the world physically.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
  19. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Jesus really men, I thought RaceRoom was making a simulation game and not a bunch of little kids.
    how someone commenting on reality and simulation is making a point, does not mean that something is not right or wrong.
    It is not true that the sim is faster than the reality, otherwise the real drivers would stand in front because they are paid to win.
    my judgment

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @stuffwinner

If these posts aren't meant as a joke, then you made a statement that is very clear toward me; sorry.

PS: dont feed the troll

• Agree Agree x 1