Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    anytime, I originally dug out that second video because I had the same trouble sleeping without having seen the guy myself ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I also purchased this livery on release, I also moaned about it at the time, yet I still don't have it in my Garage , any chance of one of them, there redeem codes @J-F Chardon?

4. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Is there an app/mod/something that we can install or activate so that we can see the names of the turns in the corner of the screen? I think another sim had this (AC maybe?) and I thought it would be cool as I know the track, but I don't know the names of all the corners.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Track description (section/corner) names is originally in AC. I made a lot of them (mod is on RD) for mod tracks using the DRS tool. But I think it will not be possible in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
  6. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be a cool option to toggle on/off, no? Am I alone in wanting this?

7. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I am totally in agreement. Love that feature in ac ,especially because I don't know the track well.

8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    btw , whose the guy in the purple shirt I keep seeing repeatedly around the track ???????lol

9. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Really... I can't manage this track... I really suck driving there... LOL :sweat::tearsofjoy:

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Keep on driving, it takes a while, but it'll get better.;)

11. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    I hope.. It's really a hard track...

12. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I hope it helps someone :
    nords_map.jpg

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I've been driving it since Gran Turismo 4 and I still cock up many of the corners after the carousel. Don't worry about it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    You should have seen me when I started at NS, lol....o_O
    Just use an "easy" GT3 car (Mclaren / M6) and keep practicing, once you get hold of the track its the best track out there IMO.
    Dont try push like a maniac in the beginning, just learn and feel the track and stay away from the curbs (until you know them)...

• Like Like x 1
  15. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yeah after the carousel the brain seems to say "Nope, not going to remember any more turns buddy!"

In last month or two finally starting to know those turns better...especially those directly after carousel. Once i hit the high speed flat out turns closer to the long straight those i remember...its between the carousel and that thats been a blur and im just now able to recall properly.

16. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Strangely enough, that is my favorite part, between Hohe Acht and Pflanzgarten

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  17. -nOiSe-

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Yes. I think the "secret" there is to not push and learn patiently all the bends and their sequeneces.
    Oh I haven't played for a lot of time... :(

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    By now i get more and more confident at the Nordschleife by driving lap after lap. Practice helps a lot. At least i can drive a few laps (or a full 90min race) without crashing. Not ultrafast, but finally the car stays in one piece.:p Nevertheless i'm still a few seconds slower than the faster drivers.

Usualy at the beginning of your "Learning the Nordschleife" process you start a lap, crash the car in first sector, start again, mess the car half distance, start again, crashing halfway, start again.:oops: Therefore it's quite common, that you memorize the first parts of the track better than the last sector. :D;)
    Tipp: Just start slow and try to keep on track without taking too much risk.

And if you keep practicing, one day you get to the point, where you don't have to look at the trackmap anymore, to see which corner is next.:rolleyes:
    And at the end it's quite satisfying to master the Green Hell, even if there's still room to improve your laptimes.

There's no perfect lap at the Nordschleife. The fastest lap is just the lap with the fewest mistakes.;)

19. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    You do realise that the track is over 20km long, right ?
    So "a few seconds slower than the fastest drivers" does not seem bad at all...:)
    I started driving the Green Hell in GT5/GT6 and when I quit the series I had over 150.000 km on the Ring.
    It is still my favourite track in all my sims, so (even I don't see the distance driven any more) my guess is that I will have easily over 200.000 km by now.
    And still I find ways to go a bit faster. Mainly because - though very close - the Ring is a bit different in each sim.

20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    In every single corner are 1-2 seconds hiding. Potential is always there to get faster. And to crash. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1