App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Unbenannt.PNG
    So it looks like this?

2. Andrew A Ward

Andrew A Ward Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well I have to say that this is a "Must Have" mod for RRE for me.

I am so used to having a spotter coming over from Iracing and having used a few spotter packs in my time there it felt very odd not having one.

Have to "tip my hat" to mr_belowski for his work :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is having trouble finding where to put this, here's the path on my PC (it's the default path, so should be good for 99% of you):
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds

If you can't see AppData you need to go to: Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalisation -> File Explorer Options -> Show Hidden Files and Folders [Win10 - others similar] and click the option to allow hidden files and folders to be displayed.

Then just copy the folder with your preferred name into the sounds folder as shown above (making sure you take the "prefixes_and_suffixes" folder out of the [name] folder first - if you just drop the [name] folder in it won't work).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  4. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Mine is fine now thanks.

5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I can't remember what you said to me yesterday, but man I was stunned..."What did he just say to me?!?!?" :D I want to say it was something like "This is pathetic mate" ...

Obviously, I was not driving very well. The app continues to impress. I sent a bribe via paypal in an effort to have this removed in a future release....

[​IMG]

.....aside from stock .net window icon

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Very well done with the personalization, seems to work real nice.

However, in finnish language we don't add person's name to sentences unless for introduction purposes or really stressing out the importance or seriousness of the message. So to me hearing my name, I tried with Peter as it's close enough to my real name, while driving is kinda distracting and therefore I'll continue using the chief without the personalization.

But anyways, stellar job. This is so good that other sims without this have started to feel a bit empty.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Interesting, never knew that :)

But if course, your engineer is a Brit so will use British English including your name even if it sounds weird to you. Its all part of the immersion ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Heh, yeah that's true. Well ok, if you ever will include Pete to that list of names I'll promise to use it but bitch and moan back to my chief every time he calls my name. :D

9. R1 COYS

R1 COYS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would be lost without this app....brilliant work :)

10. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    You mean crew chief's session record and playback? It only works when the debugger is connected and there's a few undocumented features and gotchas - happy to help with it if you need any

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool. Its just impossible to work without some kind of session recording functionality.

Each of the existing game data readers can record and playback the data they 'see' - makes life much easier

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for adding real world time Mr B... really appreciate it :D- I've noticed that if the time displayed on my desktop is 4.36 pm, you will announce the time as "36, 5". The hour later I assume has something to do with regional settings / daylight saving??? Not sure about reverse order though.

If it's a hassle to fix it (assuming it needs fixing and its not just me) just leave it - it does the job of giving me the info I need! :cool:

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Oi gongo, get out of my code ;)

I'll roll that fix into the code this morning, thanks fella :). Not sure when the next release will be - maybe this evening

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Similar coding style to that mess? Are you sure? :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Another driver names update today - you'll be prompted by the app that additional names are available. This adds all (I think) the requests I've had so far :)

In other Jim news, the days of 2 hours per on the train day tinkering with Crew Chief may soon be over, as I move to a different contract which will (probably) mean I use the car instead. So this little flurry of updates won't last much longer :(

• Like Like x 4
  16. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Now working perfectly - thank you gongo and mr_b !!:D

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I've made a bit of a balls up with these additional driver names.

I've screwed up the mappings between the in-game names and the recordings, so most of these additional names won't actually be used (I had the in-game name and the sound file name the wrong way round. Oops).

I've fixed it now (and added 100 more R3E AI driver names). You should be prompted to update the driver names when you launch the app.

Sorry fellas. This should make all those missing names start working

Also added a load more personalisations - if your name happens to be one of:
    Al, Alex, Andreas, Anth, Ash, Ben, Carl, Chris, Christian, Christoph, Crister, Dan, Darren, David, Des, Edd, Eric, Frank, Gareth, George, Greg, Ian, J-F, Jan, Jean, Jim, Joe, John, Joseph, Juan, Jurgen, Karsten, Kev, Klaus, Leon, Louis, Luca, Lucas, Mark, Martin, Matt, Max, mich, Michael, Mick, Neil, Nick, Nico, Nils, Olle, Oscar, Patrick, Paul, Pete, Peter, Phillip, Rich, Rog, Sam, Sascha, Seb, Si, Stefan, Steve, Tim, Tom, Will, Zak

Then you can download the personalisations package here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/Personalisations.zip

The zip file contains a bunch of subfolders with the various names. Inside each of these is a folder called "prefixes_and_suffixes". Just copy this prefixes_and_suffixes folder to the root of your sounds directory, which is in [user]/AppData/Local/CrewChiefV4/sounds/

and the app will call you by name [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    niiice... call me Ben mr crew chief :)

hey I listened to my name in the driver names folder.. it sounds pretty good for a non-german speaker.. well done!

Edit:... there are really 2808 names?? How many of them are AI names? omg.. I just realize how much work putting all the names in must have been. kudos to you

19. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Bloody marvellous, can't wait to try it out. Thank you for including my name!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Hey Mr_B, you know how much we love your app, Mr_B, don't you.:D It's brilliant Mr_B. And now that you can say my name, it's even better Mr_B.

But Mr_B, the thing is, well, Mr_B hearing my name is fantastic but, Mr_B, hearing it 15-20 times in a 15 minute race - well Mr_B that's a bit well, er... much I find.

So, Mr_B, I wonder if a future update (no hurry of course Mr_B), might have one of your little frequency adjuster thingys so we can be addressed personally even more frequently if that was one's preference Mr_B - or perhaps even slightly less, dare I say Mr_B.

(I'm exaggerating of course but it'd be nice to slide it back a tad - for me anyway).

Love your work as always.:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1