OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Does the -monitor option cost performance?

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't know. My guess is that the gfx card renders one time and that can be routed to the outputs and doesn't cost extra performance.
    Just a guess, because I never noticed an impact on my vr performance.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Not scientifically proven, but on my system I cannot see a difference in performance with Monitor on/off

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    btw. that option does the same like the Button that can be assigned in the Controller-Settings.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Id been using the button option but always had issues with the screen being way out of sight when swapping rims upon game start until new control profile was selected but now using the -monitor option solves this ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Glad to hear you solved your problem

• Like Like x 1
  7. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    i mean that there is only little rear view mirror that show, everythinhg else is grey.

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, if you haven‘t tried already, maybe you can delete the graphics_options.xml

9. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    The steam room setup was solution for this.

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Ah, ok - thanks for the info. Thought about that, but wondered about the mirror...

11. paul madovy

paul madovy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI guys , i am having a problem with desktop black n vr mode for raceroom my startup mode is set to -vr this works ok for other games such as asetto corsa but not for raceroom can you advise on possible issue thanks paul

12. paul madovy

paul madovy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI guys, i am having a problem with desktop black n vr mode for raceroom my startup mode is set to -vr this works ok for other games such as asetto corsa but not for raceroom can you advise on possible issue thanks paul

13. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    what do you mean with "Desktop Black"? Do you mean, that your Monitor is black or the Display in your Headset?

If you mean your Monitor, than you need to bind a button for Screen Mirror in the Controller-Settings. Alternatively you can add -monitor to your Startup-Options. Per default it is deactivated and just shows a black screen.

If the Black Screen is in the Headset, it is most likely the position of the Menu that is somewhere in the room. There you need to bind a button in the Controller-Settings for resetting VR-View. After pressing that button, the menu will appear in front of you.

14. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue. In VR only blackscreen on 2nd monitor and no <press any key to continue>. Also in Non VR R3E wouldn't proceed after the first screen. I don't know what has changed on Oculus and/or Steam side but also PCars2 wouldn't start anymore in VR mode. I deselected Oculus beta and now it works fine again. Maybe/hopefully it also solves your black screen issue?

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Try to use "-vr monitor" in steam

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I always need Oculus Home to be running now other wise i get no image in my Rift .
    Maybe its a Oculus Home Beta thing also as im signed in so i can use Dash to play AC without removing the HMD .

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    What SS do you use ?
    Is it best to set launch command to 2.0 or set Steam application controlled to 200% ?
    Is this even the same level of SS ?

I have found 45 fps using Ctrl +numpad 3 to be smooth enough so I max out graphics options and push SS high , where other Sims are not smooth if locked to 45 with ASW and 90 fps is needed .
    So a win here for R3E on the use of ASW !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Recently started trying R3 again, now w/ Rift. I have -vr 1.7 -monitor as launch options, and trying the free cars. I get 90fps, as I see from MSI AB stats, but after a few minutes my view starts to stutter badly, like fps goes down even if AB shows 90fps. What could be causing this? Track only on High, most low including Shadows. Mirror is at 1920x1080 bordered window, if this matters.

PC: 1080Ti / 8700k / 16Gb RAM
    PS. where do we add a sig (don't see an option in profiles)? TIA

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    (Can't edit): Oh, and should SteamVR open automatically? Because last time I run R3, SteamVR didn't open, though VR worked (but still got the stutter after awhile).

20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I am now getting this stutter now also !!!!
    I have the game maxed out with -vr 2.3 monitor and using Ctrl =+ 3 locking to 45 fps and it's really nice but suddenly,5 laps into a smooth race it starts to stutter as though its at 5 fps ! and i mean 5 fps ! not just a bit lower than 45 but REALLY low but MSI AB still shows 45 .
    I have to hit Esc a couple of times to get it to work because i think i'm hitting Esc in the middle of one of those 5 frames and the game needs to be moving for the Esc to register .
    Once i quite that race the menus are normal but if i start a race again its still stuck at that 5 fps until i restart the whole game !

But the stutter can happen again at any time .

I've looked through all software to see if anything took resources but everything looks as though it is still running as before the stutter ! Nothing looks like its dropped or hitting any limit as before the stutter started !