Please remember your 'best' customers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by morsify, May 21, 2022.

1. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I know I've posted this in the past, but I just need to say it once more, in the hope that a developer will take this into consideration.
    Once we have bought all content (premium, car packs, track packs etc), there are very few options left for us to take advantage of any discounts. So if another car or track is released, we have to pay full price, while others can still take advantage of the various packs.
    So instead of expecting your most loyal & proven customers to keep buying every car and track individually at full price, how about offering us, from time to time, an option to buy 'all content that is not yet owned', at some kind of discount?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to keep completing my car/track/livery collection if such an offer existed.

• Agree Agree x 27
  2. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Stop making sense.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if any developers ever read these posts / suggestions ?

:(

(It's good to see several people agreeing with my suggestion, thanks)

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Developers dont set pricing policy , they develope the game .....

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Developing the game includes the backend and shop functionality and they are also the link via their forums and social media between the players and owners.

Contacting KW directly would be like asking Jim to fix it.

7. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    That's just nit picking. By 'developers' I of course mean any members of the Sector 3 team, as I have no knowledge of the actual structure of their staff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Andi meant Sector 3 as a whole doesn't have control over this, since it's being dictated by their parent company KW. But that's still kind of a moot point, it should be expected these sorts of concerns would be raised on the game forums, rather than trying to contact KW directly.

Sector 3 is on the frontline as far as Raceroom customer management is concerned, and even if they don't have control over certain things, they are in direct contact with the parties that do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Regardles of pricing/discount issues as I think that most people buying DLCs for games are not on the breadline, how hard can it be to add a "select all and add to cart" tickbox to the shop when you log in and it displays all the cars and liveries and tracks not owned rather than having to go into every single item and click on them one by one?

Sometimes one wonders what with the Vrp thing and user unfriendliness of the shop whether they really want to sell content. Amazon worked that out years ago with 1-click purchase and buy box and it hasn´t done them any harm!

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    As much as I would like a collect all button as well, how would it work?
    Because: It could just put in every single car with livery and track. But that wouldn't be smart as you don't get a discount then. You can still buy car packs for example. I don't own the Merc GT4 and it would cost more if the button would collect every single livery instead of just giving me the Merc GT4 car pack, which saves me some euros.
    On the other hand, if it collects the packs then what about the cars where you only have some liveries missing?
    And developping a better shop might also take a year or even more with their workforce...

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I guess it could just recalculate what you already own as a % of all content and give a price for the rest as the premium pack does when you buy it first time round or indeed the car packs do when you are missing one car like the example you gave. In other words it´s a workaround to allow permanent repeated premium packs. Now that might be way too cheap too, I havent done the math but that could be easily configured.

I´m in the same boat as you with the AMG but I don´t want to throw my only opportunity to buy the GT4 pack away for just one car either and certainly not buy the livery pack. Even worse is the case of the WTCR21s and TC cars where owning all previous generations of the same cars is still not enough to bring the price down to something more reasonable. I mean how many flavours of Honda Civic does one really need anyway at 2 euros per livery?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
  12. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it wouldn't have to be 90% discount like premium pack does, but at least something would be nice. This way people often wait and wait for upcoming releases before premium pack purchase, because afterwards they are kind of screwed and have to pay full price for everything. I know I postponed the purchase for quite a while, waiting for Daytona and Porsche RSR...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You're basically asking for another permanent discount on everything. Such a thing already exists when you buy vRP packs with a bulk discount (as much as up to 35%) at the RaceRoom store page. I don't see adding another permanent discount on everything on top of it being a good economical decision from the publisher's view. Content needs to be produced, functionalities need to be developed and there are real people working on it and they need to be paid, so they can make a living out of their job too.

The vRP packs also achieve another thing. Surely, people who buy a lot of content will buy the bigger vRP packs with a bigger discount, while people who only buy a few cars here and there will rather buy the smaller packs with less discount. So there you have it: a bigger discount for the customers who also buy the most.

I also don't see how having to pay the regular price for something qualifies as being "screwed". The packs and the discounts that come with them are a one-time accomodation of the publisher, nothing more, nothing less. Take them for what they are. They could as well not offer any discounted content packs at all and this discussion wouldn't even exist.

If anything the pricing needs to be less obtuse. Very often it's barely distingushable how much real world money any item in store will finally cost you, taking vRP pack discounts, content pack discounts and also linked discounts into consideration. And the vRP store should in my opinion be linked from the content store page with a huge banner, as a lot of new players don't even know about it. Not sure if this would interfere with Steam regulations though...

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The orginal poster asked for a time to time discount. I don´t think it is unreasonable to be able to select all unowned content to purchase in one shot and be able to purchase it say once a year or two at a special price, perhaps tied in with the annual sale as it now seems to be.

Recently we have seen some interesting developments on the commercial side with the abandonment of selling DLC via the Steam store, free access followed by a sale on all items.

Once the sale is over, I am sure the owners will see how these have affected income and profit and if this is coming from new or existing players.

I agree that the vRP and various linked discounts are rather confusing and there is a lack of consistency/logic in the latter - why should a Civic 2021 or TC skin cost 7 times more than that of a BMW M6 one for people who already own the car, for instance?

The Pro Pack is also in dire need of a refresh as the car content is mostly old stuff that is not useful for ranked server racing e.g. no GT4s, older GT3s, DTMS and WTCRs so anyone who buys it will find they need to buy the more modern references too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    This also applies for packs, so no advantage is given.:p
    It's also about appreciation towards the longtime user.

16. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm don't know how I would feel if a long-time user, who never bought anything; gets a massive 80% discount on the Premium pack, because they ran the Silhouettes at RaceRoom Raceway for 7+ years. I'm good with VRP's discounts and any sales that are announced.
    I remember getting the Premium pack on discount, during a December sale. The best part of it was, the content I already paid for, was discounted from the Premium pack's cost. I essentially upgraded for $25 at most, IIRC. And I paid in VRP.

To me, they do enough.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    To be honest the pro pack should just be deleted, there is absolutely no need for this pack. The starter pack contains the most popular things as well as offers the possibility to get into ranked races. And if one likes the game he/she just buys what he/she wants or goes all in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Phlox

Phlox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's posible to delete my account and start fresh on the same Steam account? I find myself recommending Raceroom to a friend who just got in to sim racing, to buy the premium pack, and at the same time I need between 150 or 200 to buy what I don't own. I purchased the premium pack probably 4 o 5 years ago, I haven't played in two or three years, and I am missing a lot. I feel like I am punching myself recommending the game now :rolleyes:

19. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I see there's an option: go to your profile->account->account settings->delete your account. No idea how it works further or any interactions with the same steam account tho

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you might screw yourself if you do that. You could always sell the steam account to a friend, and create a new one then share all the other games you had on the old account.