News Porsche is coming to RaceRoom!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 22, 2017.

1. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Sure they think, why should you buy that car if they would tell that there's no difference?

I bet you wouldn't hear a difference.

Again. Compare the sound of the old model (997) with the new one (991). That's a hole new car and the difference in sound is very small.

And again. Listen to R3E. The exterior sound is perfekt but onboard there's a strange tone which you can hear the most when downshifting.

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    I´m sure you mean the electro-pneumatic shifter...

Listen here at 4:50:

Yes it´s not a Porsche but they booth have this system.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  3. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    @Andy Kettler: I know that downshiftsound from the Audi and Lambo.
    I mean the engine itself sounds strange in the last lap: From "Mercedes Arena" to "Kurzanbindung" when accelerating and when getting slower the engine sounds a bit wierd. Like that train sbtm posted. Just like the engine sound picked the wrong scale.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Strangely, they didn't make the same claim when they released the previous Cup car (991) ( https://www.porsche.com/germany/sportandevents/motorsport/customerracing/racingcars/991-gt3-cup/ ). Hmm, maybe because that did use the same 3.8 litre engine its predecessor did...
    Well, if you say so, ok.
    I am. Driving the car right now. Sounds glorious. :p

5. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That was one hell of a finish, holy cow. Im also quite surprised how clean T1 of lap 1 was.

Quite a nice showcase for the car. And for anyone worried about the sound, it does sound quite a bit better when you dont have commentators talking over the video ;)

7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1853672234644697&id=210215925657011

I assume and guess the sound is still work in progress? It's the first time that the onboard sound sounds like a vacuum cleaner. The real car mighty sound like that but this one sounds very thin and very digital in a way, difficult task. The sound from the rear cam sounds a bit like other cars in RaceRoom. They all share somehow the same elements to create specific sound. Since we don't know when the car will be released to the public they will keep improving the sound :) hope so.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im pretty sure if the car was used in a $10,000 competition, that it is pretty far along development wise :)

Perhaps be more patient and judge the sound from a proper promo of the car, rather than one filled with commentary and distortion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I have been there and am driving the porsche
    but I had to leave early and could not drive the race unfortunately.
    the cockpit sound does not fade me and I hope he is still optimized

10. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    maybe it was the loudness in the hall :confused:
    we wait until the car is released ;)

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Another car...Different engine compared to what?

I seriously don't understand what you guys mean with the train analogy, which part of that do you hear in the engine sound? Maybe explain it in German so a nub nut like me has a chance to get what you're talking about..

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    hory shet what have I done? :D

No it doesn't sound like this pneumatic shifting thingy... it's just like a descending musical scale (very fast) that makes it sound artificial when downshifting, it sounds like it was just triggered by the downshift event and thus it doesn't sound natural, or it's not covered enough with other sounds. Or maybe it's like that in the real car. I don't know, it just caught my attention because it didn't sound right to me.

And I believe it's transmission sound and not the engine.

13. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I hear the sound you mean , it does sound unusual.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Strider

Strider New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree with @sbtm you can hear it on the onboards or on the reverse bumper cam such as at 35:32. The downshift has a "pew-pew" type of sound which sounds rather computerized. The sound is not evident with the reverse roof camera nor the television camera. Im not sure which element is causing it but it is definitely there. For me, Porsche's have always had the most crisp and violent downshift sounds so I was say it is very noticeable to a Porsche enthusiast.
    (in my opinion of course). Great video, great race. Great looking and sounding car otherwise. Thanks for the preview!

15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Ahh, I see what you are saying there. That is pretty clear.

Honestly, that very well could be an anomaly with the event software they use, or an anomaly in the spectator mode they use. That sound is not present in any camera view I have tested so far either during normal driving or replays. And this is the first time I have heard anyone mention that. Another reason why waiting for a proper preview of the car would be the way to go before being too concerned about that.

Trust me when I say this car has undergone a ton of scrutiny :) Im not saying everything is fluff and rainbows, but I think the end product will easily speak for itself.

• Like Like x 1
  16. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Enough debate , get back to testing and get this thing released:D. Hopefully with more than 1 livery:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What, you mean to tell me you dont like the bright yellow Lindner/Fun Company livery? :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Can you lot shut the *#$% up, sounds great, the Bentley was delayed for an eternity, as are generally all the cars, last thing we need is people complaining before it's even released, some of us are old enough to fear ever seeing an up to date GT3 field, before someone digs a hole and buries us in that, there field!! :D

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  19. Christoph

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I have not complained wrote only my first impression.
    I am enthusiastic raceroom fan ;)

20. 2Lame2Aime

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Ok, sorry to the non-germans^^:
    Ab 58:30 ist eine längere Onboardsequenz. Es klingt als würde man den Motor/Getriebe-Klang mit erhöhter Geschwindigkeit abspielen. Chipmunks-effekt:D Beim Beschleunigen ist es nur leicht zu hören, aber wenn er bremst, die Drehzahl in einen bestimmten Bereich absinkt und er herunterschaltet hört man es sehr deutlich.
    Fast schon wie eine Laserkanone. Piu Piu Piu :D

Zu dem "anderen" Thema. Klar, die entwickeln neue Autos und Motoren bei Porsche, aber der klangliche Unterschied zwischen einem 997 Cup oder R zu einem 991 Cup oder R ist minimal. Die erfinden nach 50 Jahren nicht auf einem den 911 neu und den Motor auch nicht. Die haben alle diesen typischen Boxerklang in Kombination mit dem akustisch penetranten Getriebe.

You're right. I'll be quite until I had my hands on it.

• Informative Informative x 1