Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    when I press join in srs I don't see the steam pop up. I have to click on a small grey box that comes up in front of steam then I can see the pop up

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe Ciampa

Joe Ciampa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have this very same issue. Would love to know if there is a fix for this.

3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    As the commandline options are so problematic maybe s3s can just introduce a simple ini file and we dump the settings there.

For me triple screen did work. I've removed it from steam link.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    No, you don’t get incidents for cutting the track only for car contacts. These contacts have to be severe contacts. I just did a WTCC race at Monza and it was this typical touring car style race with the guys around me, rubbing is racing, but just slight side by side contacts. No incidents were given for this.

—————

Also, es werden nur Kontakte mit anderen Wagen gezählt. Die Kontakte müssen auch schon stärker sein, um als ‚Incident‘ zählen. Leichte Seitenkontakte zum Beispiel wie in der WTCC üblich werden nicht gezählt.

Und zum System an sich: Du lässt Steam im Hintergrund laufen, Raceroom ist nicht gestartet. Du öffnest SRS und registrierst Dich für ein Rennen. Etwa 3 Minuten vor dem Rennstart wechselt der Status auf ‚Join‘. Wenn Du darauf klickst, öffnet sich ein Fenster von Steam, dass Dich informiert, dass ein externes Programm auf Steam zugreift. Bestätige das Fenster mit ‚Ok‘ (Achtung, manchmal versteckt sich das Fenster hinter dem vom SRS Fenster). Raceroom startet automatisch und Du wirst automatisch zum Server verbunden. Dieser hat 3 Minuten Training, 10 Minuten Qualifying und dann 20 Minuten das Rennen.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  5. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Friedrich

In the case of accidents, the system does not seem to distinguish between the polluter and the victim, is it?
    -----------------
    Bei Unfällen unterscheidet das System aber scheinbar nicht zwischen Verursacher und Geschädigten, oder?

6. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    No, I got divebombed in a TT race at the hairpin on Hockenheim and got an incident point...

———————

Nein, ich wurde in Hockenheim in der Haarnadelkurve komplett abgeschossen, musste danach sogar das Rennen aufgeben und habe dafür einen ‚Incident‘ bekommen... aber das ist nicht der ‚Fehler‘ von SRS, es greift ja nur die Daten des R3E eigenen Ratings ab und da gibt es wie bei iRacing wohl keine Unterscheidung.

7. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I was a bit upset that I got penalties for being hit from behind on the starting line too. Then I thought about it and realized that the data base has to fill in for a week or two before people are sorted properly. With some careful driving my incident rating back down to less than 1. I'm a little confused by the point system though, as I noticed there were drivers with 4.7 crashes per race with higher points than guys with 1 crash per race. I will keep building up my points and see if it works when the database is full.
    Remember that we went from a few dozen drivers on Race Room SRS last week to nearly 5000 today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just tried it again, I have refreshed multiple times but I don't get a popup of any kind..

When you guys are about to press join, do the arrow cursor become a hand as when hovering over the menu buttons (Race, Standings, Support)?
    For me the mouse arrow remains when hovering over join.

9. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan you drive in VR with the Rift, right? I posted this some time ago, could that be your issue too? Have looked up if the pop up window appears on your headset?

„One thing though I experienced with my Rift: I open Steam, open SRS and in the background Oculus is already running (with the Oculus Homespace on the headset). When I now hit the ‚join‘ button in SRS to start the race, a window from Steam pops up on my MONITOR and I can click ‚ok‘. Steam VR starts up and I’m going to the race server.
    Now, for the next race I have to shut down not only Raceroom, but also Steam VR. Why?! When I only close Raceroom, my headset returns to the Steam VR Homeplace and not to the Oculus Homeplace. Now hitting ‚join‘ in SRS for the next race, the Steam window that pops up shows up only on my HEADSET, as a window in the Steam VR Homeplace and there I can’t click the ‚ok‘button... tried everything, just can’tclick on that damn button...“

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I usually do, but not for the moment.
    Doing some changes to the rig so was just going to try SRS out on my other computer till I have my rig set up again.

11. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No when i hover over the join button it remains a cursor so that aint your problem anyway! Have you tried posting on SRS forum?

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Should be nice to have the SRS App window's size and position saved

13. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Really hooked up so far but...
    initially had some issues with the rating (no rating was displayed after four races and my name was not even part of the races results!).
    Guess this was because i used the back button/tab after registering (i thought i could check or/and register in upcoming races then jump back in since I already registered (huge mistake to be that optimistic).
    Workaround: delete tmp folder for the srs app and log into the app again to start all over.
    Lesson learned: in my case ignore that back button forever.

Besides a couple of guys reversing at Aintree (which killed the race for some of us); the rest of the other races/servers were just epic.

A5577F52-E5CB-493B-8EEE-2D9DB9BA2261.jpeg

14. Mike R

Mike R Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Now SRS says that my software is outdated!! :(

15. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same here, outdated.
    The server is maxed out so It may take a while.

16. Krampus

Krampus Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Same to me and the Homepage also was down! srsdown.PNG

17. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    It's fixed, no update needed. Just a server side error.

18. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    After a few races I must say this is really the best thing ever happening to R3E.

edit: sorry so used to Jim's voice, let's say the second best thing after CrewChief :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  19. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    agreed. I've
    Never raced this much before !!!
    With the dampers I have on my v3s I'm getting a great work out. I' waiting for a dd wheel but not so sure as it will be tough to wrestle think.

20. dave4880

dave4880 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I just got the same error 508 .For the 2nd time I could not join the server it said it could not be found in race room when it started. I did try again to join I did what that note said and still the same thing happened. So i shut down the srs launcher and got that 508 code