Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thats strange alright, everytime i hit join i always get a little window that pops up where i have to click ok otherwise it won't start up

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When I first tried to register to this race it said I didn't have the content to registre to the race. (Obviously I have..;)) Unchecked the find R3E content, and after that I could registre. But not join sadly.. Don't know if the issue of finding my content is connected to the join trouble?

3. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    are you using vr?

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Usually yes .But not now, so the steam start up is blank.

5. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    as far as i know you should always get another window that pops up after you press join but this is usually hidden behind the srs page so you need to go back to the steam page and you will see it there. maybe you were just unlucky this time and something went wrong. try it again and see do you get the pop up

6. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I was moving the srs page out of the way to see if the popup was hidden, but nothing. Have registered for a GT3 race in an hour to see if it works this time.
    Thanks for trying to help!

7. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    no probs, if the same thing happens again you could post this question on the srs forum as they have probably come across it already

8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Okay thanks!
    Worth noting might also be that I only had a hand full of GT3 cars to choose from, most of them was missing.

9. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    not sure if this was already explained but how can I make raceroom open without giving authorization? each time I click join on srs I have to then click ok on a pop up message from steam.

10. Cesar Maranhao

Cesar Maranhao Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    wow, ignore previous post, everyone is talking about this! :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Same this time around, no popup when trying to join the race.. :(

12. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    weird! You definately own the cars that you have selected? because even content that you don't own will show up and if you choose one of these then the game won't start

13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have all content. How else would I be able to test it? ;):D

14. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had / have the exact same issue.

However if you click on Race again in the top menu it refreshes the page and then pressing Join again launched the game and took me to the game server. It can take a little while to load. Also maybe ensure Steam is already running.

15. PaladinUK

PaladinUK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I have 27" triples and use Sector 3's recommended Steam launch option, which is -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 in my case. This sets my FOV nicely for cockpit view.

However when joining an SRS race with this option still set up in Steam, the game boots to the usual Raceroom menu but not to the SRS server.

To overcome this I have to remove -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 from Steam launch options (and leave the field blank) and the game then boots to the SRS server without problem. However, the cockpit view is then stretched across all three monitors in-game rather than being nicely configured with my usual FOV.

I've tried putting -triScr 62 2 60 34 2 60 34 2 60 60 34 2 60 in to the RRE cmd: field of my SRS user profile instead but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas or, whilst it's not a deal breaker, am I stuck with the stretched view and won't be able to use Sector 3's triple monitor config option?

Cheers,

Steve

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Can i just use my Steam name that i use also for everything including R3 or do i really need to use my real name ?
    2ndLastJedi (SecondLast Jedi) is me online !

17. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    You dont have to use your real name on SRS.
    Just make sure you copied your R3E username over, as stated in the instructions by SRS.

18. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Valid account at Sim Racing System's website;
    Your username must contain your first and last names. If it is already taken, add a middle name or initial.

19. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    hello, i will do in next day(s) my first races in SRS,
    but i am still little not 100% family with this, so my quesiton is..

there is a timer which says for example....next race 1h 15min (of course this i know, it is the time how long i must wait, till i can jump in server), but when this ......next race is at 0h 0min. what happen then?
    do then come direct quali? or is there a little practise before quali? that everybody can jump in server and no hurry to presh join direct when 0h 0min. comes (for not loose time in quali?)
    and how long is quali? i read race is 20min. , but not how long quali is.

and most important, what is a incident? do i get this incident when i do CUT the track (which for example is easy to do in portimao gt3) or do i get this when i do make contact with other car (and if so, how much can i have contact to other car?, so only a little little sidy by side touch is a incident too??)

this is all new for me ths SRS system and not realy easy to understand, because my english is not very good too.

thanks for answaer

servus

20. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    When the clock reaches 3 minutes to go then you press the green join button. This will bring you directly into the server where there is 3 minutes of practice followed by 10 minutes of qualifying, best to join as soon as you can as you will lose time in practice

• Informative Informative x 1