rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Are you single player?
    If so, definitely not Monza.
    The AI drives the Lesmo curves too badly. It hasn't been fixed for months.
    The GT3 are good. However, the AMG GT3 does not work properly there. The AI constantly crashes with the car.
    The rest works.
    Although I don't have the new F1.
    I will not buy anything more from S397 for the time being.
    To do this, they first have to go into service and fix existing content plus various bugs in the game itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I have all the content and I don't use any mods. I'm fine with everything.

Quality depends on the time of release. Even with FFB settings the same series always has different gain. All the tracks are great.

Buy in packs, one at a time is expensive + unprofitable. Basically the same as RRE.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I also reinstalled rF2 yesterday (and waited about an hour until it reinstalled my ~300 items from the workshop...:rolleyes:) and I find the new UI great. Should have been like this in the first place. BUT my another big issue is still there, which is the VR support, if they would add a proper lock to horizon feature and support for HUD adjustments in VR, I'd happily throw my money on them again.

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    RF2 is dead to me. The new UI is ok, but not even close to RRE setup logic (default, delta, current value), etc.. It takes half of day too load, never know which car or tracks is from studio 397, overlays look like 1980s... I held on to it because of FFB/Physics, but now that we have great quality FFB/Physics in RRE (wish road feel had more micro bumps and more tyre scrubbing, but foundational improvement nonetheless) and we have ranked servers, etc... I just un-installed it for good.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  5. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Its just some new visual stuff. The functions, all underlying things are still stone old and unchanged and nowaydays outdated. Some people have worse performance with the new UI and the replay mode has still the same huge fps drops like with the first version new ui, so since years.

6. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I agree mate.
    For non DD user.

7. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

https://andrea1968az.wixsite.com/rfactor2trackmodder/misano-2022

The latest masterpiece from Andrea1968!
    Misano in 2022 layout!

Since I have recently given some criticism in the official rF2 forum from me,
    I want to express the following with this fantastic track "Misano 2022" by Andrea1968 Rfactor Track Modder now with this trailer:
    Just look at it!
    More I can not say or?

Material Pbr
    AIW by atomed and Manfred2K
    RDT mapping
    Tree on the QUERCIA curve as in the real track
    Dedicated to the legendary Simoncelli (SIC)

• Like Like x 2
  8. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

The Indycar IR - 18 from S397!
    What a car! I love it!
    Something better than this car, I have in my $ years
    SimRacing I have not experienced.
    Since my first drive with this car, I am Indycar fan!
    Fantastic job S397!

Der Indycar IR - 18 von S397!
    Was für ein Auto! Ich liebe es!
    Etwas besseres als dieses Auto, habe ich in meinen $ Jahren
    SimRacing nicht erlebt.
    Seit meiner ersten Fahrt mit diesem Auto, bin ich Indycar Fan!
    Fantastische Arbeit S397!

• Like Like x 1
  9. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

I just felt like creating a nice trailer for this fantastic track.
    Do you like it?

• Like Like x 2
  10. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

Today we have a comparison between Roman Grosjean's RL round and rFactor2 in Mid Ohio!
    Sure, I'm a hobby racer, but the parallels of this vehicle, it's behavior, the gearshifts, the braking points, are unmistakable and fascinating at the same time!

11. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

Today I felt like creating some nice pictures with the Kadett GSi DTM
    from 1989.
    The only FWD car in DTM history!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vanaja74

Vanaja74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

For me the most beautiful GT3 currently!
    In the most beautiful simulation currently!

14. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Agreed on the M4

But as much as I play RF2 and doing lot more since the new UI came up I cant say the Sim is the most beautiful if we talk graphics and esthetics, unless you spend lot of time on reshade on some official tracks or high level mods
    My humble opinion of course

• Like Like x 1
  15. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    The official content on highest settings is imo superb. Its "different" than other sims, but racing in the dark or in the rain (highest settings!) In le mans with all those awesome WEC car content is just awesome...

The latest i tried the formula E pack... I did not expected too much, at least i do not like open wheelers ;), but wow... What a fun series to drive. It is pure fun racing these cars on those bumpy road courses... Really can recommend it, although its an electric series ;) you have to get used to the "sound"...:)

Edit: unfortunately they did not implemented the attack mode for offline AI racing very well... The AI does not use the attack mode, but I have to, otherwise i get a DSQ... Lets hope they fix this, as they are now the official formula E esports sim...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Quite concerned about how long Motorsport Games will be around and the affect on their development teams including S397. Seems MSG are burning through nearly $2 million USD a month with little revenue after NSACAR 21 was a total debacle and their cash reserves will run out in 2022 unless more investors are found.

With the share price in the toilet, you'd have to be insane to invest in MSG. Where to when the money runs out? eSports raised just $800K in sponsor revenues for a 12 month period and the player base of rF2 rarely cracks 900 concurrent users so paid DLC won't keep them afloat.

Whilst R3E isn't huge either, KW Suspension isn't going away any time soon and neither is their money.

Austin, AKA Mr PRC and best mate of Ian Bell (former CEO of SMS/Blimey! Games) has done a good job explaining the situation in 4 videos, two of them are below:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Does he talk about their owners, Motorsport Network? The game studio is not an independent company and doesn't rely solely on investors in order to survive.

18. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Motorsport Games is running out of money and is requiring new investors to cover costs. Motorsport Games have stated they will run out of money at some point in 2022 unless new investors are found.

This means S397 (rF2), Black Delta (Kart Kraft) and other Motorsport Games owned subsidiaries will be caught up in the funding issues.No money likely means no more development.

If it all goes to pot, the dev teams could be sold, wound up or the IP's strip mined and sold off. Apparently the BTCC game isn't happening, NASCAR and Indycar want out of their contracts and who knows what happens to the Le Mans game.

19. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

Today we have a text interview with Marcel Offermans.
    We talk a little bit about himself, about his project rF2 and what else
    we can expect from S397 in the future!
    If the text passages fade out too fast, just press the pause button!
    Once again many thanks to Marcel for patiently taking the time for my
    questions!

Heel erg bedankt

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    This is one soap opera to watch closely. This month they are supposed to launch the new gen console versions of Ignition but there have been no fixes to the original game since February.

IDK if the owners are Russian nationals but if they are it´s going to complicate matters further.