Released Silverstone

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 23, 2016.

1. F19_CoNa

F19_CoNa Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    +Donington

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree with you ... too little tracks this year ... at least each year: 2x european tracks, 1x US track and 1 - 2 other tracks from around the world ... pls and thx :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    + Sebring :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    My English is not top, but hope that this means here.

Lately I'm still appear some new race mods on race Room.DTM 2016 Tatuus F4, Audi TT Cup 2016 KTM X-Box RR and now Audi TTRS.and not to mention about any statement in this racemod off and then back another racemod, Starter Pack, Pro Pack, premium pack, etc .....

It is not that we even now and then start looking for a new racing car for racing, but it starts to get boring and over again have to race on the same race track's.The penultimate track "Chang International 'dates back to December 30, 2015 and the last' Nordschleife 'of 31 March 2016. We have now been nine months later and is still searching for Silverstone track.

Every racer knows that everything costs a lot of money to run a racing game servers cost money to run, people are needed who know how to work with programs to make everything this car and race tracks, but you can use some expect the racers race room which we sit on our hunger to expect that it is high time that made that work for some new race tracks.

We race all like to race room because racemod is very good and professional, we expect to do everything we have to pay to choose a car or a track to ride this in order then.Though now and then improved all you can say this is not always smoothly running when there is an update. But ok, after some additional days will be fine anyway always.Why it should take so long that there even is a new circuit on race room? If you see every week many new racers come in and weekly thousand euros will be paid to sector3 / race room to get cars and tracks to race where this money is going? than expected anyway as racers that is what made quicker work to develop new tracks to race.

Other racing games go at the moment quite faster than expected, and come more quickly with new developments of cars and tracks. Assetto Corsa 118 circuit tracks, rFactor2 circuits 60 tracks, 55 cars Project circuits tracks, I racing circuit tracks 78, rFactor 350 circuit tracks, and race room only 28 tracks. :cool:

More does one need not explain more than hint at sector3 is like what we expect new race tracks.

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, do you count Track-Mods or why does Assetto Corsa has 118 and rFactor2 has 60 Tracks?

6. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    yes, because rFactor2 and Assetta Corsa here after yourself in hand to install on your computer or laptop, and there are a lot of circuit tracks that you can include yourself in those games. At RaceRoom you have nothing in your own hands, as it is only when one offering a new track and needs to purchase. That is the difference that there are so many more tracks are available in rFactor, rFactor2 and Assetta Corsa. You can find anywhere on the internet, where people who create tracks.

7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I kicked almost all of these track mods for AC of my hard drive again. Yes there are plenty available, but the quality is nowhere even near a professional track.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Maybe we could clone Alex Hummler...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    So very much this. There's some exceptions of course, like the VIR team effort, LilSki Bridgehamptons and Riverside, in rF2 anything made by Woochoo and ViruaLM is gold, same goes for Patrik Giranthons tracks in AMS. But at the end of the day most of the modded tracks are simply not worth the HD space, they stand out too much against the high quality tracks offered by the devs of the sims. For me R3E has some of the absolute best, tracks are of an even quality and the trackside ambiance is excellent. It all adds up and helps R3E be in my mind one of the most immersive drives around. Nordschleife stands out of course, will be very interesting to see if Silverstone can match that benchmark or if Nords was (understandably) a very special labor of love. Do we know if Silverstone is laserscanned as well?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There was nothing mentioned about Laserscanning anywhere, so I would guess no...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, pretty much my line of thinking as well, but it sure would be nice. The usual approach is lidar+KW suspension data I think? Not too bad.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ISI's version of Silverstone for rF2 is exceptionally well recreated and, at least in my opinion, difficult to tell apart from the laser-scanned effort in Assetto Corsa. Given the quality of circuits in R3E, I'm confident Sector3 will do a standout job whatever data they have at their disposal.

13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    If i remember correctly, thay said, Silverstone is not laserscanned.

But it's based on CAD data, so it should be pretty close to what LS gives (minus bumps).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Good enough, looking forward to it. Hopefully the fact that it's not laserscanned means track pricing is back to regular.

15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When did it step away from being regular pricing? :p

Nords is the only track that released recently, and that track is massive + laserscanned. 3 times the work of any other track justifies a higher price than something like brands hatch indy. Other new tracks will be more in line with the rest of the tracks already available Im quite sure.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully. :) But I'd be ok with nords pricing if we get some old layouts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Felix Azur

Felix Azur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Silverstone is for december ?

Please @Sector3 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. DSky

DSky Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Silvesterstone u know? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Dare I dream for a pre-Christmas release?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1