The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I'd preorder it if I could. :D

2. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I picked it up during the black friday sale, for those times the server here is down...
    I'm enjoying it so far, played with the Alfa Romeo GTA at Imola, started a career challenge, and having some fun at "The Ring" Nordschlief. Alfa Romeo is an older car so it is probably duplicating the body roll and spunginess that was probably in the suspension. Fun sim to mess about in, I have not done any racing yet, still learning and having some fun messing about.

Rich

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Kunos has licensed the Audi TT Cup 2015. Possibly on the grounds of an already existing - and said to be quite good - mod around the TT Cup. I tested that mod Audi back then, to me the cars felt too much like trains on rails back then, good, but too stabile. However, the Audis AC meanwhile got, felt differently, and good.

But Kunos' Audi TT Cup comes without Mikhaela. Without her its only worth half as much, no doubt. :)

4. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I have to wonder if there is some kind of shift in the way licensing is being handled with the TT cup appearing in R3e and AC. Being a new series Audi may be selling the license cheap to generate interest in the real event. It would be nice if the tides change and licensing cars becomes some manufacturers want to do as part of advertising their vehicles rather than paying for the privilege to have them in a sim.

As for the mod, I doubt that had much to do with it since all the assets are being redone using cad data. I feel kinda bad for the guy that took the time to create the mod since it will most likely be obsolete and forgotten once the TT cup is officially released.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I wonder whether the Cup a la Kunos will indeed simulate trhe series event. Right now the simulation lacks the needed elements (season simulation, pitstops in SP, AI, and some more) to do that. As long as the TT Cup is not the fanfare to annoucne Kunos' entry into all this, too. So far no sign for the latter, unfortunately. I think they focus on simulating the Cup car, not on the seasonal series as an event. As a simulation of the series event, Raceroom probably will do the better job. But maybe the upcoming DLC and accompanying 1.4 update will tell of different writings of the wall. Would be about time. AC is a very good driving simulator. As an event simulator, it is very weak.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Just got the news.WTF Kunos,stop copying Sector 3 ....:pOk,seriously now Kunos will not have the full series license but only the car and some skins(most probably the Audi Sport ones and not the teams).I am eager to see a straight on comparison at Nurburgring or Spa.

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well, Raceroom's TT Cup certainly has a secret ingredient that Kunos cannot counter: lovely Mikhaela. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  9. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I downloded that mod but still figuring out how modes are used/installed. ¿:confused:?
    Do you think I should better wait to the official KS TT?

10. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    After you download the mod files, you have to copy the files to your steam assetto corsa folder. Make sure you copy them in the right folder

• Like Like x 1
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The mod is free, the Kunos pack comes for coins. But it will probably have gotten a severe facelifting.

Also, it still is quite some time away if they just signed the license.

As I said, to me the mod Audi was a bit too stable in driving attitude. I tested it, it was okay, even solid, but I never returned to it. But it was a very popular mod whern it was released, many people seem to have liked it.

Personally, I will go for the Kunos pack anyway once it is released - probbaly bundled with another track and other cars, I assume, as usual with their Dream Packs.

Any specific problem with your mod car installations that Stefan's reply does not answer already?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll try to do the installation later after work.

I'm happy with AC now, so I'll get everything they want me to buy ;) (can't wait for Brands Hatch BTW).

I tried the TTs in rF2 (in Mikaela's car BTW) and it's fun, it's not as easy as it seems to be in AC according to you comment but I guess I'll know the differences if I'm able to try AC TTs tonight (also have to try the new stuff in DiRT Rally).

Cheers

13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I prefer the TT in AC then in rF2. It's not bad at all but I agree with Skybird being a bit too stable. Though that does not bother me as Im slow anyways :p

The version in rF2 I could not do more that 1 lap as I totally hate the engine sound! Did you like that in rF2? I cant stand it.

Also told the guy in the rF2 forum for his great job but the engine sound and he totally ignored me. Too bad....

Pity for me is that in AC it seems like people always drive the same combos!!! GT2, Nords, Nords and Nords GT3 and a little bit of others. There are so many good tracks and cars there...I just dont understand why almost everyone has to drive on the same combos :(

Oh by the way, I hope you tried the RSR Formula 3!! Maybe it has too much grip (though they said a real driver helped them), don't know but its hell lots of fun!

And finally, you can check who's online by using the little app I made :)

http://ac.proracing.club/

• Like Like x 1
  14. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I think the Formula 3 mod always makes me try push harder like Formula Abarth in AC. I can clearly feel where I lose time so I'll try harder next lap until I finally screw up. Compared the Formula 3 in Stock Car Extreme, although many people that's the best Formula 3 ever, I just keep feeling that car's too slow somehow.

I would also recommend the fantasy F1 concept car mod to people who are waiting for openwheeler in R3E.

15. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Great app, thanks.

The sound of the TTs didn't bother me but I noticed it sounded much better in replays. I will also try the F3 this week cause there's an event in Race Department this sunday. I'm not too much into open wheelers but actually that's the one I came to enjoy a lot in SCE, as well as the Tatus in AC... we'll see.

16. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  17. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    It's going to be interesting comparing the AC and R3E versions :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I tried the AC TT and is just like Skybird said, even worse. It's imposible to make that car spin, not even in the grass! Believe me, I tried. It feels totaly unreal and quite different to the rF2 version.
    Someone said R3E TTs have happy tail so I guess its real behaviour is more like the rF2 mod. The AC mod is useless.

19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I've tried the TT mod in both rF2 and AC. It's a fair bit of fun really. Seemingly nicely done model and sounds. Nice to see the modder actually got push to pass implemented in both as well. As for how it drives in both, quite tame. I was a bit surprised honestly. Dont most front wheel drive cars have a fair bit of lift off oversteer to help them turn? Didnt feel the slightest bit of oversteer with the mod.

That said... The TT that is coming to R3E... oh boy, it's quite a lively little fella ;)

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I considered the mod Audi a good beginner's car at first, mistaking its immense, and probably unrealistic super-stability to be a benefit for newbies. The car indeed should have more tendency for oversteering, but it hasn'T (always talking about the mod as it was some months ago when it was released). But then I though that this also raises false expectations of what the cars should do in a sim, and that maybe newbies learn to drive wrong with this mod car.

And so I never picked it up again.

The two modern Audis there are in AC now, the race car and the street version of it, are different, and more dynamic and alive, and driving the street Audi is indeed not thaaaat easy, while the racecar is a very good "GT3" contender. It will be interesting to see how Kunos' TT Cup Audi will be.

The Raceroom TT Cup Audi we got today is better than that mod has beeb, that much I can say. And more important: it is more fun to drive.