The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Another piece of content of the Red Pack revealed. Its the Ferrari 488 GT3.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  2. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait, the shots looks awesome.

Since all the new cars will have new TM10, I wonder if there will be noticeable difference to other GT3 cars (TM7).

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I like the upcoming Ferrari 488 GT3.
    I do hope it will come with some racing skins... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was hoping for that car to be included so I have now some interest in the pack. ;)

5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, looks wrong without a racing livery!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    that another great point about AC,
    You can make any skin you like.
    Just as many as you like.
    If you can't make them yourself there are plenty of file share sites to get them
    And right now there on sale for 0 VRP everyday.

7. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^This. Skins are the last problem of AC, what Kunos does not deliver in skins, will be delivered by modders. Race Department currently lists over 3300 skins for AC. Until late last year I collected them myself, until I got tired to always start new for new cars with every new DLC coming out - there were "too many" skins released, and still are.

8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Standing by a bbq franticly checking my phone. Why did it have to drop over vacation... :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I like this pack. The tzrack looks really well-done and very good, and the changelog is impressive.

This video - LINK - showcases both the evolution of the AI, and the look of the track.

The historical Maserati F1 cars are for people with death wishes. Or figure skaters. :D

The GT3 Ferrari is - well, a GT3 car, like GT3 cars are. Drives well, has tons of grip, is predictable, and the cockpit is dripping with atmosphere and immersion.

The two modern Ferrari F1 cars are interceptors on wheels, and add a new driving sensation to AC. Very conbvicningly modelling the differenc ebetwene normal cars, and F1 cars - this exmaple here does it right I imagine it would be like in reality.

The Maserati street car is a nice addition to the according competiton in AC, I like that car class for AI races, and this car looks and feels nice.

Plenty of good stuff. And an indication that the next update might bring - single player season simulations. I know nothing detailed, but hope for something like the editor in Raceroom - that would be the best way to go.

Oh, and not only their track modelling is visually improved - the car sounds mostly are of better standard than earlier in AC's history, too.

If you like AC and do not know wether to go for this pack - it gets my green lights.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I must respectfully disagree. I fail to see the point in such fantasy cars. A 50's car behaving like a car from the next millenium? There are older open wheeler already that are easier to control, btw. Lotus 25, 49. If the old Maseratis behaved like that, then this is so. The difference between arcade racer, and simulation.

-----

I had missed that there also is the Lambo Aventador, and I just took it out for a ride. Boy, what a powerbeast - and yet so predictable and even stable under braking - once you understood you have to brake earlier. :) One of my most favourite cars of the super sports car category. That one just fits my driving style perfectly. Usually braking these kind of cars gives you hell. This one stays fair. Easy to see why Aris lost his breath when doing that video I linked some weeks ago.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. knut m helgeland

knut m helgeland Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    As i am a sucker for new content, i got the Red Pack today... only tried 2 cars yet, but here is a short video of both:

Maserati 250F T2 12C:

Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Do you have TrackIR or an Occulus Rift or something, just trying to figure out how you were able to look around like you did in the first video at the start

13. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    ZRZhOfcpKtY.jpg q14xSbdtQ2M.jpg psFGpiLs5Uo.jpg UzSkDw9ZwgU.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. knut m helgeland

knut m helgeland Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I use TrackIR, and even though its not quite as cool as the Occulus, it works pretty well... Use it for Raceroom, iracing, AC and once in a while when i fire up MS Flight sim :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I use Wreckfest-Next Car Game for that kind of fun! ;) Its good in what it does.

I also use Steel Beasts Pro :D

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    All cars will be updated to tyre v10 over the next months. It works like with the physics update currently rolling in Raceroom, since months.

Note that the differences between v7 and v10 should not feel immense anyway, it is more about the numerical feedback produced by v10, making it easier for them to compare their simulation's results with input they get from real world engineers.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  17. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    So I impulse-bought the new pack... No idea why, but man, am I positively surprised. Ferrari F1 and GT3 cars?! Bring it! They are awesome to drive, especially the F1 cars. A classic Maserati with a 12 cylinder engine, cotton tires and brakes made out of wood? That car alone is worth getting the DLC. As for the Red Bull Ring... I always considered it a 'meh' track, and Automobilista made me hate it, but it's well made, good looking and drives pretty ok.

Now for the rest of the stuff. A few post up, I mentioned that you need to set the FFB for each car in the setup to get the sweet-spot. It's still there, though I did not feel the need to mess with it for the new cars, which is cool. I am aware that the same thing applies to Raceroom, but in Raceroom, it's an option I never needed to touch. My FFB setting are just so pr0!

(on a side note they can be found here, so if you are rocking a DFGT, it might help, or you might find it's crap, which I would gladly accept with some notes on how to improve)

Now here is the thing with the Assetto FFB, it still is not what it should be IMO. Why they chose to backtrack from the greatness they made in Early Access is beyond me. Now, the new cars actually tell you that you are overdoing it, but the way it's communicated, I simply cannot push harder on the throttle with confidence that I can pull it off. This especially applies to the classic Maserati - this car is like an egg, you need to be so careful and even after a few laps, I still cannot feel confident. Oh well, at least the FFB tells me not to mash the Chris Harris pedal.

Anyway, I am going to say this: despite everything that is utter crap in Assetto Corsa, the sim does one thing right - it's the classic and iconic cars (especially Italian), that are modelled with detail and passion. And even if the racing experience sucks big time (and it still does), just the ability to drive those old school babies in the sunshine on laser-scanned tracks is enough. No idea why they bothered with the boring Japanese cars. I can't dorito in a reasonable manner at all, but even in games that I am dorito kingu, like GRID 1, it gets boring real fast (what's the point in going sideways, when you can just go quick?).

This Red Pack should have been a priority IMHO. Not sure if anyone has watched 'Victory by Design', but this series made me go a bit deeper into simracing, and I guess Assetto is the closest to feeling like being Alain de Cadanet in that show. If only they made some autumn scenery for the tracks...

Anyway, this is one thing Raceroom needs to do - get some damn classic racing cars in here, because it's going to be more fun, when you can actually RACE an AI that is not trying to kill you all the time.

18. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I need to do a vid on the AI. Its accident avoidance needs a lot of work. I have to find a frame capturing tool that dont make my FPS drop to unplayable levels. With that said i also need to update my GPU. I got an old Gigabyte HD7950 for now.

Raceroom has some classic cars. Maybe not that classic, but not newish either.

19. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Throw in a few Lotus 11 GT4 and Evora GTC/GX as well. ;)

Personally, I am surprised how much fun racing a big SUV can be.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Me either, especially @ Black Cat's track in desert, so much fun, but my favourite car from the pack is Maserati Gran Turismo, always wanted it!