The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Yes, modern F1 and Nordschleife is the very hot combo, i think aliens can go from 5 min :eek: because my attempts is 5:26 with F138 and 5:46 with F ST-15T, both with default sets and i see, i can drive better

2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    They did not need to improve or add major features because all was there from the beginning.
    pCars has A LOT of features AC still does not have.
    They have a massive list of tracks, changing weather, day/night cycle, shall I continue ?
    I read Kunos is now thinking about implementing duct control (pCars had this from the start) because now the brake temps come into play (yes, another feature pCars...)
    pCars API (don't know which bugs you are talking about) has a lot more info than AC.
    Jump start...wow... (pCars - you know...)... Why is it still not possible to engage first gear like real ?
    Why not a drive through in stead of teleporting you to the pits ?
    Why no rolling starts (like said before)?
    Standings bar (still not possible to move that) still shows race position where you started a lap and changes only after completing another.
    The new Delta is nice but pCars had that from the start too (btw using red/green digits is as obvious and less disturbing as the red/green moving bars imo)
    To end, I could easily sum up a (long) list with features AC still has to add to be on par with pCars. If it had not been for the modding to crank AC up, I think I would have left it a long time ago.
    In a way I am (kind of) enjoying AC, but coming to R3E or pCars always feels a bit like coming home...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    pCars have a lot features from the start, but where physic from the pre-release ? I like to drive sometimes in pCars for day/night cycle and the rain, but it far away from my go to sims - R3E and AC

You can engage 1 gear even in F1, just wait for red start lights
    You can drive trough instead teleporting
    Many things can do with mods

And i think this thread is not pCars vs AC

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I did not test that yesterday myself, I had a friend driving and he got penalized while engaging gear before the red lights were gone.
    Today I did test the feature, I turned the penalties on again (disabled them for my friend) and then you can indeed shift into first after the fourth red light goes on.
    And then there is that jump start penalty slider: none / pits / drive-through. Missed that yesterday. So OK, good job fixing that issue! Still a lot to go...

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  5. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I don't try system of penalty yet. Maybe this for mp only ? Need to find it, on many forums i see messages about possibility to choice between 2 or 3 kind of penalty like teleporting or going trough pitlane. Only for use ESC during the race, you haven't choice

6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is incorrect. It depends on how you have penalties set up in single player, or how the server host has the server set up in MP.

You can indeed get a drive through for jumping the start ;)

As did AC... in the form of mods. :p

Kind of agree there. If someone wants to talk about what Pcars has while slamming another game, you can just go to the Pcars thread to share the... love :D

7. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its my input lag or trick, but if i race with AI's, i'm start not with green lights off, i'm listening the AI's cars sound, this let me start a little earler

8. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    My post was edited in that way before you replied.
    Somebody told me on the AC forum it was not correct to judge AC taking mods in count, so...;)
    Without mods AC would be rather poor...

Agree too, but See, I can not easily resist when a remark like @Tom Shane appears' "Not every developer is that dedicated to their product (-wink- SMS -wink-)."
    This triggered my response.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hotfix pack released, bringing AC to version 1.7.1. 20+ MB.

And for the record, this indeed is no game1 VERSUS game2 thread. Its a thread showing love for Assetto Corsa AND Raceroom and give people reasons to try the other if they only know the one, and maybe sometimes give some indications where the one title could learn a trick or two from the other, and vice versa.

Don't chose between the two - play both! ;) That must be the motto, else this thread is an abuse.

Great move by both Sector 3 and Kunos that they tolerate these two threads in their forums. I have seen game developers in the past 15 years where this would not have been possible.

Please everybody always respect the spirit in which this all takes place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  10. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Personally, I would not mind liking pCARS for the amount of features it has, I would even not mind the bugs and sometimes weird physics - not as my go-to game for racing, but something to drive just for fun. However the FFB on that game is just crap. You can probably play with the settings and find something acceptable, but the mount of sliders that I have no understanding of and the amount of time it would take to tune this is just insane. SMS did a lazy job here and left everything to the player. Add to that the sometimes weird handling and there is some serious disconnect between what is happening with the car and what my wheel is doing.

Anyway, I just ran a race in both AC and Raceroom... Transitioning is hard, it takes a while to adjust. I am surprised to say this, but the AI in Raceroom is not as good now. They tend to bunch up on lower levels, which the bots in AC don't do now. Still the immersion level of Raceroom is unbeatable. Especially with the Crew Chief talking to me.

Kunos still need to include some more features into AC to make it more of a racing focused game.

11. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have good FFB in pCars, but i don't know how i did it :) I use Wheelcheck and Google spreadsheet to create file with settings and additional settings i just copy from other driver with the same G25.
    Easiest FFB setup for me in:
    1) AMS
    2) R3E
    3) AC (Wheelcheck + LUT Generator)
    and all 3 sims have perfect FFB for me (AMS after last update)
    Most complicated FFB setup for me in DirtRally and not so good as in others sims

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Another hotlap from me. Now at Monza with the F138!

Hope you enjoy :)

13. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    That is true, but they at least can run on certain track with green conditions. Previously, putting them on a green Nord in the Lotus 49 was a complete disaster. Now they seem to be at least competent. One thing I found is that they are still a lot faster in some cars (especially the old ones) on easier difficulties. I think it's the way they handle the throttle on corner exit to some extent. While a player has to be really careful, they just hit the perfect amount all the time and pull away real quick. It's either that, or they have some sort of +5 to grip modifier. Still, they are raceable and so far I had very few incidents, most of which was my fault for either braking too early or taking a weird line. I think that if Kunos keep working on the AI they can achieve something really great. Even the fames rFactor 2 AI derps completely in certain situations (like when there is a major crash), while the guys in Assetto can handle those to some extent. I am curious as to how this will play out in later versions.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Technical Guide Ferrari SF15-T
    LINK
    Any questions...? :D

-----

And the first car of the Porsche license has been revealed/teased. Picture shows work is underway on a Porsche 935/78 "Moby Dick".

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    The guide cleared the questions I had.
    It also made me decide to leave the F1 cars in the garage and have fun with the GT cars.
    I was not really a fan of driving F1 cars before and then this...o_O
    I did try them out at The RedBull Ring, stock and not using any of the "aids". Not bad, but just not my cup of tea...

Moby Dick - if they get it right - will also be a handful to drive, but certainly more fun for me than the F1 (classic or new)

16. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Now pit stops take more time. Change the tires ~20 sec (instead10), repair can take more 2 min. Welcome to reality :)

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    F1 is not my taste either, but do yourself a favour - put the F138 out on the N ordschleife for one or two hotlaps. You will feel drunk afterwards, promised. :)

I like the 138 for the mere driving of it, its unbelievable, and the illusion is gives the player, is almost perfect. Before I had listed Formula Raceroom and Formula Junior together with the Lotus-25 in AC as my favourite openwheelers, but this new thing leaves them all behind. Car modeling in AC always is one of the shining positives in AC, but I think Kunos have outdone themselves with these two Ferraris. I will not drive them a lot - but when i do, I will enjoy the mere experience of driving them to the fullest. Racing is not needed (and too difficult for me anyway, in these fast rockets, just driving them.

Meanwhile, 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 rolled out.

18. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    One small trick. Due license i think, you can't drive Ferrari's F1 with other cars on the servers.

Simply delete line "onlywith" in ui_car.json located in
    assettocorsa/content/cars/ks_ferrari_f138 (or ks_ferrari_sf15t) /ui

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ha, you're right.

I've started to enjoy the game more in recent updates, the AI now seems halfway competent when racing each other being the biggest improvement in the last few patches.

I'm still hesitant to buy any of the DLC though, due to the way it's packaged with a load of content I don't want around content I do (I have the same issue with several games' DLC in this way, not least Project CARS').

For this pack, I'd love the two GT cars from it, but I don't want to effectively validate their decision to license modern F1 cars in order for me to do so. Single seaters and road cars aren't my thing, so when games hide a single GT car with a bunch of stuff I will never use, I'm hesitant. However, I'll keep plugging away at the base game and if I get more hooked I may well change my mind.

20. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Anybody notice fps lower since latest update ? Ran better for me before update
    W7
    Amd r9 390 8gb
    Amd fx 8150 @4.2
    16 gb ram
    Triple screen