The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    The cars are all very good, nice to drive, even the retro F1 cars.
    I had high expectations for the RBR Spielberg track, but tbh, the mod version I have installed looks better. The official may well be laserscanned, but as far as I can compare to recent video of the real track, some kerbs look (and feel) way to civilized. The tarmac looks too clean.
    Laserscanned or not, I managed to set the same laptimes with the new cars on the official and mod version...
    I was also expecting more liveliness, but no, no waving flags, no marshalls making gestures, public just sits there, almost no ambient noise, pits seem deserted. Downer for immersion...
    Good thing that the cars sound pretty good.
    Still no working rev lights and displays on my Fanatec wheel (display works when using Fanaleds) but sadly still no rev lights. Still can't use the joysticks (without Joy2key), though it was suggested on the support forum this would be implemented.
    A lot more functions to assign to a button box, true, but not the ones I would like... Still need to use the apps...
    All in all, i'd give 70/100... could have been better.

2. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    AC engine doesn't allow to have animated objects around the track, so even if the track artist would like to make it more lively, he can't.

Taking in consideration what impressive change log they managed to deliver, it's not like they don't do anything just releasing the content. With every pack the core game gets improved, and now it goes for years. Not every developer is that dedicated to their product (-wink- SMS -wink-). So if we are patient enough, the most wanted features are going to be there, one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I think SMS has done a far better job when it comes to quantity and content of the change logs.
    Maybe MP and consoles still have issues, but on PC my game is bug free, lively and has almost all possible features and controls.
    True that they are working on pCars2 and support will come to an end for 1.

4. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    DLC aside. First few months they were just fixing the biggest bugs. Basically they didn't improve anything what was known pre-release that quality-wise is not ok. They didn't add any major feature. Well, they spent a whole age on the UDP communication for consoles, but on the other hand completely abandoned Shared Memory API and left it there with all its bugs. So in general, since release they were just in maintenance mode and now the patches are going to cease completely. After a year since release.

AC has something new feature-wise every patch. When not counting early access, after almost two years, they are still adding and improving and the list of planned features is still pretty long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Race Trek: Generations :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    Monza 1966

• Like Like x 3
  7. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'm considering getting an EDTracker, but am holding out for the wireless version that's meant to be coming soon.

8. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I only played Assetto Corsa for a few hours before and i didnt like it so much. But now i tried the new Redpack-DLC and its awesome! I am really enjoying it!
    Here is a little hotlap video with the F138 at Redbullring.

Hope you enjoy!

Feedback is highly appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  9. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    The AI seems improved a lot. They don't act as stupid now, don't cause crashes and can stay on the track... However, they have become very fast... I set them to the lowest value and I always finish last. I know I am not quick by any means, but this is a bit ridiculous - at the lowest difficulty I should at least be able to compete. Right now I have to be driving like mad to at least keep up with their pace and on cold tires on lap one, that usually means going off track somewhere. Oh well, at least there is progress and veterans should be happy.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to say, but it indeed is your driving then. I am no pro driver either, and must reduce the AI to around 88% to have a chance to even keep up with some of the guys, and I have 800+ hours. But at 88% that is possible even for a safe slowmover like me. If even the minimum of 80% does not cut it for you, then you must invest more hours for training. Maybe you also poick the wriong kind of cars, cars that just suit you ill. I know that with some I can do it better and with some worse, compared to the AI.

;)

P.S. If you struggle with car control, raise ESP to 20%, and experiment with TC. There is no use in "being purist" and failing to have fun. With time and practice, and better lap times, reduce ESP back to 15, 10 and 5%, then, one day, zero. ESP is no realiostic system, but an artificial simulation assist.

Do not push it. Know the track, that means, and build consistency in your performance. Log laps, and more laps, and more. Smooth, and consistent. Then speed comes all by itself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  11. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Last year 80% AI lvl is still not easy for me, now 91-96 is good, depended track/car combo. And i'm average driver

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Is there still no rolling start option in this? Decided to have yet another fiddle to see if I can justify some of the DLC (though only interested in the 488 and Maserati in the new pack), but amazed I can't find an option for rolling starts still.

13. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Well, I admit I am slow, and I don't pick easy to drive cars (where is the fun in that?), but consider this - they are doing a console release - that means a lot of noob, both console and PC since this will raise awareness of the game. Those people will have a rough start.

14. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Still no rolling start (

GT3 or even GT2 is not very hard to drive. Road cars is much harder.
    And from the tracks i like Nordschleife and Mugello
    Yes Nordschleife is so long, but you have much more time to go if you make some mistakes
    And of course many hours of training. I'm drive at Nordschleife minimum 30min near every day during the year and now i'm more then 20sec faster than year ago with Ferrari GT2. And i'm still not a fast driver ;)

15. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Ok, just discovered something and also, I am a moron - turns out the AI was set to 98% all the time - Assetto seems to be resetting the difficulty each time I change something in the race parameters.

Just did a race in Z4 GT3 vs the whole GT3 lineup on Nurburgring GT - with the AI properly set to 80% I had like a 20 second lead or something. No derpiness on their side though. Kunos did some magic right there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No rolling start, but you can now do jumpstarts (1st gear...). And so either start from the box or accept a drive through penalty.

But really, no rolling starts hardly are a showbreaker. You complain on a very nigh niveau! :)

17. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the AI settings - I still don't know for sure I really decoded correctly when the value gets saved and when not. Best advise is to check it every time you change your own car.

Did some hotlapping today, F138 and Nordschleife. Unbelievable. Insane. Shock and awe.

18. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I spent three hours "testing" the GT3... it delivered :)
    I guess now it's time for the GT4 ;)

(I don't think I'll ever use the rest)

19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I fell out of love with ac a long time ago and have only put a couple of hours into it in the last year and a bit, I think 1.7 is going to bring me back to it, possibly at the expense of r3e

20. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Hi !

Interesting. I drive with Gamepad and AI is set to 95%. Seems ok for me. In PCars its 85% and R3E 105%. xD

The new RedPack from KS is very nice. But there are some Bugs they will fix in the next Patch.