The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I think R3E actually rules when it comes to overall track detail. AC looks nice, but once you look past the stuff that is close to the hardball, you will see some low poly and low texture crap (Zandtvoort has this ugly textured hill somewhere). CARS does it a little better, but most things are covered by the blurry shaders too. As far as track looks go, I love Raceroom. One other thing that amazes me is that the tire marks on the tracks are sometimes brighter than the track itself but that is only when you look at a certain angle - tire-marks are actually reflecting the sun! I don't think any other sim does that. Maybe iRacing?

Anyway, going back the the AI in vintage stuff in AC, I don't think their crap show is related to tracks, but rather cars. I tried a race on the classic Silverstone with Ford GTs. Nice and "soft" track, but it was destruction derby there. Around 90% AI and 20% aggression resulted in a total mess with yellow flags on every corner. I was rearended, sideswiped and eventually spun by a love tap. So yeah, don't expect to race the Ford GT in Assetto any time soon.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the info, I will check it out and the tracks too.

3. zelimper

zelimper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I confirm this isnt the case!

lovely readings here.....

4. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    If you guys are into downhill stuff at all, you have got to get the latest Usui Pass mod (available on RD).

[​IMG]

Pro Tip: Make sure you have your handbrake bound somewhere handy. :D Best played with low powered and lightweight cars, though I'd love to see someone shred this with a Mustang.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Has to be said that AC has improved slowly but surely. Sound department needs some serious work though (apart from Fonsecker's mods).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    They have to finally get their acts together with Fanatec. Got my new wheel (CLS Elite P1 for PC/PS4), and with and without Fanaleds improvsed workaround (since over two years...) the rev lights do not work, the LED display cannot be tuned. It seems to me Kunos hates rev lights. Originally, even the G27's LED did not work, too.

In Raceroom I plugged it and the CSPv3 in, and it all worked out of the box. Including tunable LED disxcplay via mappable button. Bravo! This is how it shou,ld be done.

----

Laguna Seca laserscanning completed. Track awaited for Q4. Maybe for christmas sale.

Excellent new mod track available, Tajo hillclimb. Very realistic road layout from Spain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Agreed on Tajo - awesome track. I only wish they fixed that damned soft lock and did something with minimal, yet still present FFB lag, it drives me insane when I am half a second slow in countering a slide. Maybe it's time to switch from the DFGT to something better, but I cannot justify a new purchase, because the wheel under-performs in just one game.

8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Look for another reason.;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It's really annoying AC and the LEDs. At some point, I had my display and rev lights that didn't correspond with the reality. I was at 200km/h and with the lights until blue on the wheel, but in fact, I was not moving...

10. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I am seriously considering the T300, since I know what the problems of DFGT are. The thing is, in other sims such as Raceroom and AMS, the FFB is done in such a way that these problems become nullified to some extent. In Assetto the wheel is kind of numb in the center, when you are going fast in a straight line in a car that generally does not have much wheel resistance, the wheel is very light but at the same time the sensation of how much grip you have is close to nothing. And that minimum force setting doesn't work too well to alleviate this issue. I think part of the problem is that Assetto does not use damping, unless you have it set up in your wheel configuration and it's used only up to a certain speed (5 kph?). I remember back in EA that low speed grip, low speed FFB and a few other thing related to lateral tire resistance were constant complaints. They did fix it, but it is kind of a hack job. It amazes me that there clearly are things to be improved in Assetto, yet nobody bothers to do any work on it, while we still have the content (paid) over features philosophy galore.

Also, can anyone explain to my why in a stock JDM race on Zandvoort you see AI driven Supras doing brake checks in the middle of high speed corners?

11. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    It's to verify that you are awake. Or maybe to test your reaction time? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the FFB, I followed instructions on this thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...her-wheels-configuration.134490/#post-2449884

For T300, I use GAMMA value of 0.75, and enhanced understeer effect (or whatever is called). Profiler and in-game gain is at 100. Cars are usually around 80.

The result is, in my opinion, very good FFB. No numbness in the center and the limit of grip is very recognisable.

13. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I will try this later today and post results.

14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari poll is up. 6 cars are already decided though, so we only get to choose one other one. I'm praying that the 512M wins so it can compete against the 917, so if there are any floating voters around, please lend it a hand (from AC forum it looks like the F50 will win and I can't think of a car more 'meh' in the list personally).

http://www.assettocorsa.net/ferrari-70th-anniversary-pack/#

Pack will include
    • 1962 250 GTO
    • 1967 330 P/4
    • 1967 312/67
    • 1984 288 GTO
    • 2004 F2004
    • 2017 812 Superfast

15. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    + 1

It was an easy choice for me really, it would have been a lot tougher if they would have included the actual 1969 312 P

1969Ferrari312P.jpg

One of the prettiest, most sexy race cars EVER :)
    The image in the poll looks like a 312 PB to me.

16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I do hope 512M will win. That is probably the most interesting car in the list followed by 575 GTC.

17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ah, apparently that wasn't supposed to be found yet! The page has been removed for now. But still a 330 P4 to look forward to!

18. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Wanted to switch back to original sounds and have not interior engine sound any more. Normal?

And are there fixes for Gallardo and Bentley that no external sound appears?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  19. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    If you have no external sounds, a update was applied after you install the fonsecker, you can just unzip the pack again. To return to default sounds, just run a steam integrity check.

PS: You have to use the latest fonsecker, made after the whole AC fmod update. If you are using a old version that you already had in your HDD, it can cause all sorts of problems.

20. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

No, i just asked for the Bentley anniversary and the Gallardo. Not involved by the Fonsecker pack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017