The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    What a fun this evening. Did a mixed GT3/GT4 race at Tor Poznan. On the final lap, we run on a laped GT4 group. My luck. Got from 6 to 4.
    AI not so bad i guess.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
  4. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
  6. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Tried it again a couple of days ago, but there is so much that bothers me (visually).
    For one, the author seems to stick with his ugly flags... After I attended him on them (they were static and looked like coctail sticks) at his other track (Rouen) he started using these. They are animated but out of proportion.

So I removed it once again and I stick with this one:

https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/sebring-international-raceway

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  7. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ferrari Celebration DLC coming next Tuesday.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Upgrade 1.15 and Ferrari 70th birthday celebration pack have been released.

I must admit there is nothing for me in that pack. Its not bad, its the usual Kunos standard of car quality, but the cars I am simply not interested in, nor do I find them any great to drive.

TBH, they killed my nerves, all seven.

This iscompletely a question of taste, however, so do not take this as critcism from me, for it is not that. Absolutely possible that if you drive them, you will love them.. But my cup of tea they are not.

10. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Despite my better judgement, I bought it... Only tested the 250 and 312. The latter one is very civilized with the default setup. Insane power, but very stable and planted, the Lotus is a deathtrap compared to the Ferrari. The 250 is the exact opposite. Turns pretty much like the same way the Cobra does, meaning it doesn't, but push that throttle a little too enthusiastically and you are in a drift monster. That said, the 312 don't drift yo, the moment grip is regained is so violent, you would need to be god-damn Flash to centre that wheel fast enough to avoid the spin. But hey, it clearly wants to drive in a straight line and is very much suited for it.

On a side note, I haven't been driving for like 2 months, yet heal-and-toe in them cars is a breeze. Or maybe I am just that talented, considering I only got a clutch in late June. :)

On another side note, come to think of it, as far as 1960'a F1 goes, AC doesn't have anything on AMS. Sorry, but whatever the fake cars there try to replicate, the 312 just ain't up to snuff. That 250 though...

11. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
  12. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
  13. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Got my CV1 yesterday.. and here is my fery first try in VR :confused:

14. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    And? Your Opinion?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    My First Little Feedback after 3 hours .. it works perfect without Any problems on my PC. No sickness after driving. The feeling on Track is amazing. Its almost real .. damn real [​IMG]...but i have to find all the Brake Points new on Track. And the distance to other Cars is different. Complete new feeling compared to Monitor driving. I also want to use a "View behind" Button. Haha but i can Look in the mirrors. Easy, but my Body is in the "Monitor Racing" Mode. Need practice in the Rift. Have to delete all Buttons and Just Look arround in the Rift :confused::)

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Jap. Same expirience here. Very exciting. Even with lower graphics it takes you in another world.

Which specs you have and which settings you are driving?

Specs
    i7 3770 @ 3.5
    MSI 1080 GTX
    Win 10
    Oculus Rift
    Thrustmaster T300 F1 Advanced Wheel

1.7 SuperSampling in oculus.ini
    Mainly medium/high settings, PP off

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Patrick.B

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with you mate.. next VR Drive.. Porsche 991 CUP :D:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    This video currently makes the round in the Assetto Corsa forum. It shows Jan Seyffarth, a real world professional driver (GT) testing Assetto corsa on the Nürburgring, in his real world car, the Merc AMG GT3. He comments in German, naturally. He is full of praise for the accuracy of the driving model and the track layout, saying time and again that this is how it really is, really behaves, really would happen in the real car, on this segment of the real track. Quite enthusiastic.

This video he shot privately for his channel, it is no advertising campaign by Kunos, they did not know of this until they learned about it in the forum. Aristotelis must be very happy.

Kunos seem to have nailed both track and car. Seaffarth has difficulties to believe how close it is to the real thing, regarding physics, driving, track geometry, sounds. He repeatedly says that the same tricks and ways to negotiate the track in real life, work in the sim as well. . : The track is not looking as detailed as in PC2 which he checked some days ago, but the geometry and physics he says are top.

19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Cool video, makes me want to try AC again :)

20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Der hat doch keine Ahnung.

• Funny Funny x 3