The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    ...at least by the wipers. :confused: Seems the lambo needs a new pair of it and sometimes i have the impression it's raining into the car, maybe a convertible :D.

2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Two days ago I've been able to get a refund for a pre-ordered game cause devs had the absurd idea of showing its gameplay during a sneak peek week. Lucky me! More cash to spend on R3E!

3. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that S3 needs more sales but rather more marketing, which can cost a *lot*.
    As for content, we will get there...there is a lot to look forward to for current and new potential customers :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    You are refering to FSX? If so then put me in the same boat, I have easily 1000$ worth of add-ons and I barely have anything! :(

5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Spent an hour on pCARS today. Many tracks, a couple of interesting cars, nice game modes, but what the h*** is up with the (complete lack of) FFB? Feels like driving a boat. And I don't like boats.

Ok, so pCARS has a couple of things which are currently lacking in R3E, but first you need a solid platform. R3E has a rock solid handling and base platform, pCARS doesn't. And that they can't change. All the features, content, rainy weather and grandiose music in the world doesn't make up for a sloppy, crappy driving experience.

The only good thing about pCARS is the Sierra Cosworth. That's it for me. So I'm obviously sticking with R3E.

And after spending $2500+ on my sim racing rig, what's wrong with spending a couple of $100 on the best software for it? Agree about the online authentication being meaningless, but the price doesn't really doesn't bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I've bought a lot of content that I'm never going to use, just to support development of what could become the best sim racing game of all times.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The cheapest marketing is viral marketing from happy customers... for e.g. posting own videos or screenshots during the daily Social Media-activities or post some comments Content-Related websites like Racedepartment, VirtualR, nogripracing and so on.... so everyone of us have the potential to help S3 to find new customers and help us for a growing R3E-Community...

Oh definitly... really a nice car... would be a perfect addition in R3E's Touring Classics :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    And in the end you will race on your $2500 rig with AI or with the your personal time record... What's the point if you can't compete with real people in the same time! Whenever you want!

Actually, you are doing great with the support of developer, but I am saying that the current prices simply scares a lot of good players! You are minority who can afford such expenditures, but believe me average users don't spend so much on game devices, game content and there are many potential racers who simply faster and challenging than you or me with the budget steering wheel and opportunity to compete them is lost for now.

I am 100% sure there could be more fun with crowded lobbies!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I've never played online multiplayer games, neither racing or others. I love racing the AI and my own best times, and I love having friends over to my place for some hot seat racing trying to beat each others' best times. (Each beer consumed increases the lap times with two seconds, exponentially.) I've ventured onto the leaderboard challenges, but that's about as far as I'm going in that world.

I know I'm not normal, and that online races are important to a lot of people. Perhaps I'll try it one day. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    The price of this product is high (R3E), too high actually. Too high for a far from finished product. Almost two years were spend with hotlapping...plenty of new cars were released...these same cars that now need to be upgraded. Even the "new ones", will be outdated, due to the "planed new transmission mode".

One of the many missing features - custom championship - at the current state, is no better than a small program developed by a user.
    Take a look in this review, from december 2013 (http://www.operationsports.com/reviews/735/dtm-experience/), and tell me what really changed.

Dedicated servers: not a single word.
    The customers have to pray for a wrecker free race... (with no luck, 99% of the times).

Fuel/tire information: not a single word.
    Pit strategy: There is not.

The complete silence from the developers worries me. Is there something very wrong here or they don't really care??

In my case, well, enough with new content.

Many people say iRacing is too expensive. Is it really? iRacing is not in alpha, beta, or whatever stage. It is a finished product. You can go and race, with at least 3000 racers online, allthe time . Simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  10. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Certainly there lays some truth in your words :)

BUT: comparing the price of iracing to r3e isn't worth comparing cause as you say iracing is a finished product whereas raceroom is not. As mentioned many times before if you buy 65euros/dollars vrp you get 10000vrp with which you can buy almost everything! Even without sales, iracing you even pay to race,..

Considering multiplayer, 8 out of 10 races i run in are very high quality..

Dedicated servers cant be too long anymore, and reading the reviews from ProjectCars leaves the conclusions it's far from finished.. No Multiclass, buggy multiplayer etc,..

Maybe it'S because i only joined 4 months ago on raceroom so i'm still hungry and patiently waiting for updates whereas you "raceroom-veterans" have been waiting much longer with the Same passion.

Having played gt6, race07 and currently playing raceroom and AC i feel r3e is the sim to be in, especially when all features will be released!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Attention to the Devs, and maybe even more to the Publishers if they are the ones controlling this!! :rolleyes:

I don't think the main problem to R3E is the pricing model, but the free to play!
    95% of all negative reviews on steam is from players that thinks everything is free..
    And thats not the people you want to attract, and it's not them who spending money on it.. o_O

I avoided R3E for over a year because it was a free to play, I don't like em.
    Ether it's a catch with them, or mostly lacking in content, features and quality..
    R3E don't address to any of this, more than the advertising of it.
    It was first when I stumbled across a Youtube vid of R3E that it got my attention.

My suggestions: :)
    1:
    Get rid off the free to play!
    Make a new release on steam (wipe the reviews) where you include a couple of series packs and tracks like:
    WTCC 2013, ADAC GTM 2013, GTR2 and DTM 92
    With some of the other already free cars and then something like the following tracks:
    Monza
    Hungaroring
    Suzuka
    Portimao
    Slovakia Ring
    Salzburgring
    Norisring
    Mid Ohio
    RaceRoom Raceway
    Lakeview Hillclimb

And for this you charge 29.99€ for a more "complete modular game" .
    Treat the Experiences as add on expansions.
    Then see the rest of the packs, tracks, cars and liveries as DLC.
    And also include one or two tracks to the rest of the car packs to make them a bit more valuable! (and release them all on steam as well)
    But keep your R3E store with discounted already owned content as it is.

2:
    Advertise on steam, I have never seen nether R3E or any experiences shown on the steam page??!..

3:
    Bring back the VRP bundle purchase to the R3E store!
    I don't think many players knows (especially not new ones) that it's possible to buy 10 000 Vrp's for 64.99€ on the Publishers site.. .: http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

And make a haste on implementing the key features to the game:
    False starts
    Full flag rules
    Mandatory pit stops
    Fuel
    Along with dedicated servers and a more in depth damage model!

Make this happen, and I can almost certainly say that we will turn this trend around!! :cool:

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  12. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I would not have bought pCARS if these features were in r3e. sad to say, but i will probably be playing pCARS more then r3e until they are implemented. r3E is obviously better, imo, but pCARS is fun, and will satisfy my MP needs for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yep

14. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    I Agree big time

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Hm, different strokes for different folks. ;)

Did you know that 2 or 3 years ago, Kunos looked at the market for racing sims and did a market analysis and said they found that of all customers buying racing sims not even every fifth ever cared to go online even just once? Just months ago one staff member told a forum member over there that by then not even one third of AC customers ever cared to play online, according to their server statistics.

Lets face it, MP players are a minority. Most people have real lives that get in their ways for organised league racing, or they simply lack interest to play MP - like me, for example. 9 of 10 times I fire up a race sim, I prefer to chose tracks, conditions and cars to my liking, not needing to obey what the available MP servers currently are offering. And finally there is the issue of that open server racing always will be open server racing, with plenty of maniacs or noobs wrecking around, which also is not motivating.

So there is a gaming life beyond multiplayer. And it shines brighter for most customers - except those who go with iR, of course. Their online interest rate should be close to 100%, of course. And their customer basis does not compore to that of regular racing titles, but is much smaller.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Am I wrong in my observation, or more and more people not even mention dynamic weather? Are we giving up on even having it in the future?

I am actually about to give up, since I saw no promises from S3S, and unpredictable weather is a must IMO for immersive racing. Instead, we're getting packs and tracks. I agree with what was said by others before: even ugly rain is better than no rain. To me, lack of dynamic weather is the killer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Fleskebacon

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I think, almost without exceptions, that all the negative reviews on Steam come from one out of these three:
    1. People not happy with "free to play not really being free to play, but rather a simple demo".
    2. Old reviews from when the game had its issues.
    3. People not into sim racing and expecting Mario Kart...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You asked for things to be liked about R3Es business model and I gave you the one and only one (from my POV). Don't like the whole model either, asked for a change since day one, but.... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    It's interesting how this thread went off-topic. :)

Many good messages in here, and we do read you guys.
    From a very personal point of view and as a gamer / simracer, I do agree that ditching the f2p model and offering the game at a price with some series included would have grabbed my attention more. When I sit at my PC browsing the steam store I always have this prejudice on f2p titles.

From a sector3 point of view, I would say that even if we were to go with such a decision, it would most likely require to re-negociate, re-sign, re-pay all our licensors, it's probably not as easy as it sounds and I can't really answer if we should or not go down that road. It would require some serious investigation from people closer to the subject than I am.

And then yeah, what's lacking around the game is marketing, of course. Word of mouth I personally don't think is enough to change the tide, comments on R3E have been mostly positive lately but I'm not seeing this convert into more players when you look at steamcharts. There's simply no exposure and hopefully this gets adressed soon.

http://www.gameinformer.com/search/searchresults.aspx?q=raceroom
    http://www.gamesradar.com/search/?q=raceroom
    http://www.videogamer.com/search/?q=raceroom

I don't think I need to add more links to prove the point

At least noone can accuse us of paying for good reviews :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 5
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Respectfully disagree, that this is a game killer. Although important, Lots of stuff before this for immersive racing.

• Agree Agree x 3