VR, triple screen or single screen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fischhaltefolie, Jan 28, 2017.

?

VR, tripple screen or single screen

1. VR, nothing else

46 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Tripple screen, that's good

43 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Single screen

47 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. VR is planed

21 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Tripple is planed

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    It has been promised and I really hope it's coming soon. Driving in other sims, then returning to R3E to see the huge side mirrors and distorted view is really a downer. Not happy to say that, but it is true...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The same for me. Even if i would already have a VR headset (had a Rift for two days last year and returned it) i wouldn't stop playing with triples too. Raceroom customers are asking for years now to get multi monitor support and nothing happened. Instead we've got VR support that was possible to implement within a few month.

rF1 for example already had triple screen support years ago and rF2 of course has it too as well as Assetto Corsa and some other Sims.

I've already paid the same amount that i would have had to pay for 3 top rated Race-Sims but got a rudimentary core game with overpriced content.

Raceroom must be nothing less than the very best and most complete racing simulation on the market, to deserve all the money that they want us to spend.

3. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    3 monitors would be probably the best option, but I have not enough space in the room. For now I have to settle for a single monitor 21: 9 ;)

4. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I have my Oculus Rift since yesterday (Saturday) now, and i'm very happy with. It's not only the almost 360 degrees of view, but the 3D vision that makes the difference.
    You can look down to your motec display in the cockpit or the side mirrors without losing control of the car! :D It's just amazing, and a completely new experience!
    I can really recommend it.

sorry for my bad english....:)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    360 degrees of view... :D are you an owl?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    No, but i can turn my head.

• Like Like x 2
  7. testdriver69

testdriver69 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    triples in Raceroom is no good -> no support for proper triplescreen
    (comming from AC triple to RR ... distortion in side monitors is a joke and i can't stand it a minute. to be fair : i am one of those persons who rather turn off the tv than watch a move at wrong aspect ratio)

vr is €€€€
    i need a new gfx card to run vr and a vr device ... probably better to get a brand new gaming machine as well .... yike !

so because of those 2 facts only single monitor at 144hz

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  8. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Weel, I have a 22" single screen but I'd really like to have triple screen + playseat + a dedicated machine for sim racing... I can't have them because of money... XD :persevere::cry:

9. hyp36rmax

hyp36rmax Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I have all three, depends on my mood really...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I felt the same way until I actually tried it. The buttons on my wheel I use for quick changes such as flashing lights or changing Hud views and then the buttons on the box I use for things like brake bias or pit request. You get used to it very quickly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  11. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It is a bit of a challenge having to use glasses for me I insert the glasses into the headset first and then put the headset on and after a couple of races I didn't even notice it. On longer races I use a fan to blow on me to keep fogging from being an issue. Calibration mostly deals with the size of your face / distance between your eyes so you can calibrate with glasses on or off it won't make a difference it'll still calibrate the same.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I never tried triple screens, but I do have a 34in ultra wide monitor which I've only used once since I picked up a used CV1 in December. It used to be hard for me to run a two or three car lengths in the turns, I could never judge the distance and would always end up colliding with the other drivers I just ran a quick race last night and made some of my best passing ever in a turn using the VR headset. For me VR gave me that extra edge that I was missing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So true, with VR I feel like I am more competitive because I feel more immersed, I feel as I am actually in the car and can now judge distance much better. I have use apps on my tablet for the same info that's on the Motec display right in front of me, with VR it feels natural to look at the Motec.
    In the next phase for RR VR I hope they give some attention to the view from the side and rear view mirrors, the approaching vehicles look compressed

14. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey I started with a $40 Logitech no FFB wheel strapped to my legs with the same belt that held my paints up, we all start somewhere, keep racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. lrystedt

lrystedt Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I tied my chair to the desk so i wouldnt push myself away while braking!

I got the Playseat Challenge now so no more problems :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  16. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we all start somewhere... In effect at the beginning of January I bought a Logitech G29... :blush::tongueout:

• Like Like x 1
  17. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Had triples for a few years but decided it wasn't worth the room (desk/rig space) and CPU/GPU power to run at highest detail - now a single Ultra-Wide (3440x1440) with single GTX1070. I will most likely move to VR once it has matured, I'm not in a hurry. In the past I always had to buy the latest and greatest tech ($4K for first HD TV :eek:) but when I look back on how much I've spent to have the cutting edge I cringe. I'll wait for VR to improve and prices to stabilize.
    I'm just finishing my first purpose built racing rig. Should help with immersion (flight and racing sims) - a solid rig with SimVibe, TrackIR, proper racing seat and driving position (seat, monitor, wheel, pedals, and shifter carefully aligned to my 6'2" dimensions).

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  18. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i thought the same way until raceroom announced vr support to come to the game. I just couldn't resist to enjoy my favorite racing simulation in vr.
    Then i saw the oculus rift in my hometown Media Markt store for 599 Euros and heared a voice in my head saying "Get it, get it!!!" :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Damn you voice!!!! Arrgghhhh (says my wallet)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I'm a VR user now, but i really hope they do support triples. It's the only sim left now that doesn't have true triple support (AMS is questionable because they're locked at 45 deg). If we're going to have a point system and leagues, I just don't see it happening without triple support.

• Agree Agree x 1