VR, triple screen or single screen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fischhaltefolie, Jan 28, 2017.

?

VR, tripple screen or single screen

1. VR, nothing else

46 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Tripple screen, that's good

43 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Single screen

47 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. VR is planed

21 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Tripple is planed

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Richard Bakker

Richard Bakker New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Once you have played this game in 3D with the oculus cv1 and a high end sytem, you don't want 2D screens anymore
    for me it 's an +1 for VR
    in a few years the HMD's will be cheaper , and may be 4K

2. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I simply can't get into a racing sim without my Rift, which is a shame in a way.
    But, seeing as R3E tops the list (imo) I'm not bothered ;).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I only have a DK2 and a GTX970, but selling this and buying a GTX1080 and a CV1 will cost me only about 650 EUR... So that's the plan.
    I can't go back to triples anymore. In the past couple of months I drove mostly with the triples, although I already had the Rift for about 2 years. This was because of the bad VR implementation (I spent more time fiddling around to get it work than actual drive...) or total lack of VR support. Now all the sims I drive support VR and that in a comfortable manner.
    The immersion with the Rift is just awesome, the driving so naturally. I really have to thank Mr. Luckey to force VR. The hardware of the century for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Zouave

Zouave New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do you recommand oculus for a 10hours session ? Does oculus make you sick after long session ?

5. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I think you have to experience and try it out for yourself. Everybody reacts in another way to VR. Some get sick after 5 or 10 minutes, others like me can drive with the Rift for hours. You can't generally say that you can drive within VR for hours or not, it depends to your body/brain 'acceptance' for VR.
    Even the weight, heating and fitting of the HMD is perceived in a different way. For me the weight is no problem, I got no issues like a hurting neck. The heating of the screen is no problem for my eyes and my head won't hurt even after hours because it fits really comfortable for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Your body & brain get conditioned to VR the more you use it over time. In the beginning short sessions of 5 to 10 mins over several hours is best. I got real sick at first but persevered and within a couple of weeks was driving from 2 to 5 hours solid. But I really cannot enjoy 2D flatscreen racing anymore - or even a static rig after racing with motion. It is bad in a way, like you tasted the forbidden fruit and now cannot live without it ! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    For me personally it is simply ridiculous that people can be addicted to VR in its current state...

8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Tell me more, please!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's not perfect.
    But the immersion it brings blows everything else out of the water!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear but you must never have raced VR using a correctly optimised system for any appreciable period of time. Nothing ridiculous, you simply do not understand what you are missing. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I only use the DK2 with a lower resolution than the CV1 on a medium spec PC and yes, I have some issues too (centering the view in the new Volvo, "whiteout" flashes some times...), but I just removed my triples and I'm more than happy with the VR experience S3 has brought to us. Perfect? No!... but for me the best experience I have with sim racing in years and I'm thankful that the developers took their time implementing and pushing it further with every patch! No turning back for me.

• Like Like x 2