Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @nate
    You could have also mentioned that the P4/5C was designed and built to take part in the Nurburgring 24h in 2011 (racing in the E1-XP2 Class, finishing 39th overall) and 2012, winning it's class (E1-XP) and finishing 12th overall in 2012 as a Hybrid (using KERS).
    It only uses the chassis from a F430 GT2 the only thing that hasn't been changed between the 2 are the engine headers and block.

Obviously none of that makes it anymore of a GT3 car but it's late and I can't sleep.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I may have thought about mentioning it, if I knew as much as you do ;) lol

Couldnt remember what class it raced in back then, but I just knew it wasnt the same class as the bulk of the GT race cars.

Does it really share a chassis with the F430 GT2 though? The P4/5 seems so... flat. Even in a normal driving position, your head feels like it is pushing through the roof :D

I think the car does fine in the GT3 class though. It was seemingly a lot faster than it was in real life before it had its physics update last year. So I would count this as a solid improvement. Plus, a few extra liveries came along too I believe.

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    From the short amount of research I did yeah, it shares a chassis with the F430 GT2, the road going one off shared a chassis with the Enzo, looked awful in my opinion though.
    It is a very low car but compared to the class it was in, this is a definite improvement and a bigger variety in liveries is always welcome.

4. 911gt

911gt Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    With updated 25-01-2017 the AI is perfect I'm having fun with, it's a real pleasure.

Thanks to the developers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    VR support has got me playing this again! Great 1st pass and hope to see more on the VR front. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Funny how we remember things differently as time goes by.
    I remember a fast aggresive AI that could defend as well as attack, sure it made some silly errors and occasionaly screwed up but like the game itself was lightyears ahead of its time. With time passing it isnt a game i have played for a long time but an edited ai in gp4 was, as i remember it, very very good.

7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Some more thoughts on the AI:

Had a very decent race in the McLaren against other GT3 cars at the Indy Road Course, some good battles at the start then the field spread out a bit before I managed to catch and pass a couple of cars towards the end. Also witnessed some very good AI vs AI battles one of which resulted in a spin, most impressed :) Also the odd AI mistake was plain to see and very welcoming, nothing I hate more than "Perfect" AI!

A few issues though, not just from this race but from general racing this past week with GT3, WTCC & DTM 2016 at various tracks:
    • AI Stress is obviously in it's first public pass, as it stands it's a very good addition to the AI (for any game!) but currently it appears to be too good. Almost every car I put under pressure ends up making mistakes and allowing - in most cases - a relatively easy pass (some have put up a good fight though). I think maybe this needs to be toned down a bit so it's not so effective.
    • They don't defend that much, some appear to move over slightly off the racing line but they still leave a massive gap for you to pass even on narrow tracks.
    • Their Awareness is a bit poor at times, cutting you off if they're alongside you, especially noticeable coming onto the Brabham Straight at Brands Hatch - here they have no qualms about pushing you into the wall.
    • With the above Awareness I've noticed the AI do a classic ISI Motor "Warp Pass", by this I mean when they cut across you they sometimes magically speed up to be in front of your car. This is especially noticeable in Automobilista & was in rF1 (RF2 does not suffer from this), it's no way as severe in RR but it is there to some degree. It's kinda hard to explain without a video!
    Overall I'm loving the AI, they are certainly very good in a lot of ways and the enjoyment I'm getting from racing them is simply great in VR. A few minor details as above but compared to other Sims I race these AI are certainly up there as some of the best I've seen, so there's good hope for the future, thanks :)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I am on a CSW V1 (Rel. 1.5) and have the opposite feeling: the FFB got very week so I have the feeling again that I push a box with a windscreen over the track like through a tunnel. With the settings that worked before very well to report the kind of a feeling I drive a car (not as good as in AC or rF2/AMS but well enough to get a good response what the virtual car is doing) I now have a real dull to none feeling.

Has there something changed underneath in the FFB (I read somewhere that it uses a newer Fanatec SDKs version? - I am on the last known driver and firmware for my wheel) so I need new basic settings or is it a good advice to make a fresh new controller at least or kill the user profile complete and let it renew after the last R3E patch?

9. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Bug: Red Bull Ring Spielberg GP setups -- Can't find them. Solution below.

Description: In game, go to the garage and choose Load Setup. Click All Tracks then choose a car-type you know you made a series winning ESR setup, Chevrolet RML Cruze 2015. You see the setup(s).

Now filter by Red Bull Ring GP track, you see just a few setups.

Looking at the setup folder you see:

Directory of E:\Clapper\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\CarSetups\Red Bull Ring Spielberg
    11/19/2016 09:50 AM <DIR> Grand Prix
    01/22/2017 09:32 AM <DIR> Grand Prix Circuit
    01/28/2017 07:08 PM <DIR> SüDschleife National Circuit

Solution: Copy the setups from Grand Prix to Grand Prix Circuit and reload the Load Setup screen, and all the setups are there.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey sector3, where are the spectators at once? I have noticed yesterday that the stretch are ghost trails and no spectators are more on site ???

11. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Request correct please side mirrors reflect everything in Mercedes DTM 2016 is flattened!

12. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes there is a strange glitch where the LED display and mirrors are not working. To fix this, try changing to the outside camera then back into the cockpit.

13. VitaliR

VitaliR Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I drive only cockpit view, so I switch to me none specially virtual mirror! So it is already in such a way, since DTM 2016 appeared OK …

14. Hensey

Hensey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can you please fix DTM rules setups? With previous update we can now use real wtcc rules with second race reverse grid options but on DTM can't setup mandatory pit stop for only second race. Is only option for both races. Also spotted sometimes able to use 1 or 3drs by lap at the same race (not different season rules). Thanks

15. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The new MP browser is a definite step back. Much harder to identify track, classes, player count and difficulty, the info is too spread out in the row, but still cramped. The previous layout was much better in this, the server details pane is a welcome addition though.

Any chance that this will still be revised, or should we just swallow it?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Giangio

Giangio Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    AND DO NOT SEE THE FRIENDS IN GAME !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That is still there... there is a black star on the left side of the Server-Name if there is a friend on the server...

IMO I had no problem with the new MP-Lobby but agree that it is a bit difficult to read the classes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Here a Screenshot I've just taken. Here you can see the black star I've mentioned.

With a simple Mouse-Over you see the Names of the Friends that are on the Server.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    To small the Details, Infos.

20. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Must my statement unfortunately a little correct.
    Have not played for a longer time Raceroom.
    Yesterday and today I had again joinlags, not with every user but nevertheless with some.
    I hope S3 does not forget this topic and somehow you can enjoy without these joinlags RRE.