Released 30-06-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jun 30, 2016.

1. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the update:)
    Perfect FFB and physical
    Radical SR9 vs Nordschleife very very exciting;)

2. Marco Müller

Marco Müller Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    V3 Pedals Break Vibration, starts rumbling at 30-50 Km/h all the time. Vibrations feels strange and its not driveable for me.

Ist it only possible to Change that in the Files?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  3. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    not even the files, i have non=stop on the acc, don't know what to do, i have a league race tomorrow, probably will disconnect motor from acc pedal

4. Marco Müller

Marco Müller Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    did 1000 Meters and my Break Pedal Sensor is rumbled off ;-( please set it so, that people who love vibration, could activate it in the files but please not as standard.

5. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Maybe your pedals connected to the wheel base ?
    Mine are directly via USB in the PC, rumble works only when necessary.
    The extra damper I have installed tops the rumble a bit off, but it can be felt throughout the whole rig. Since I am waiting for a Buttkicker RMA, it feels very good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No problem here, but maybe even better if it was possible to adjust and/or turn on/off in the menu (or button on the wheel/BB).

7. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    no, i'm on usb as well

8. Jisonga

Jisonga Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The v3 rumble was a feature I was looking forward to but after racing for a while I find it causes me some issues with tingling in my toes and would love to switch it all off as I am not keen on racing this title now, which is a shame as I just brought some new content in the sale.

Jason.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marco Müller

Marco Müller Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    and tonight i have a first New Season Testrace and tommorrow WTCC online Serie, think that was my good weeken so far

10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    If you dislike it that much... as a workaround: unhook the motor from the pedals master board... done.

@Mr.C Win10 ? Just asking because changing to Win10Pro has caused me a lot of trouble in all sims. Took me almost a week to straighten everything out.

11. Marco Müller

Marco Müller Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Dislike is the wrong word, it is undrivable for me. and me as user didnt know something about changing files for having a Non Vibration. Also unhooking something for one Game?

12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I am confused here...
    Is the rumble drivable in other games ? Then unhooking would be a hassle. But if you don't want to use it, it is a one time action that only takes a few minutes (depending on how your pedals are mounted).

13. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    yes wind10 and my pedals are hard mounted, it will be like 30min of work:)). but really don't understand why if i put all ffb pedal settings to 0.0 i still get the acc pedal rumbling all the time, anyway.....probably tomorrow i will unplug it

14. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    with my v1 Pedals the rumble motor works well and i have no problems.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Yes, don't get that either.
    But unplugging does not take that long: loosen the three allen bolts holding the heel plate and you can reach the plug (at least it works like that on V3's)

16. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Please try this

Go to:
    C:\Users\"yourname"\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

select your profile and edit it via editor- then you need to change this:

"FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.01" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)"

And when u want to complete disable the option you need to comment out the line with "//"

example:

//FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.01" // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)

This is try and error, please change it to that value what is the best for you.

And all of this is untested from me, just my guess. Feedback are welcome!

17. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yes, in Project Cars it works great, V3 connected to V2 base, PC & PS4. You just feel it when ABS kicks in and when you loose grip.

18. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys. I've got the v3 pedals as well and feel no vibration whatsoever. Is the default settings for vibration? I tried opening the rcs file but windows 8 is asking what program to use to open it . ( I'm assuming I don't have the necessary one on my pc ). What file did you use to open it ?

I also have fanaleds , do I need to disable it for raceroom settings to operate the vibration motors ?

Not sure why they didn't add sliders in the advanced settings menu.

So many questions. Does this work if pedals hooked to the base ?

19. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    you can easily use the standard windows editor but i recommend Notepad++ (freeware)

right click with mouse on the file "open with" and select the editor

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Just an idea for that constant brake rumble, when Fanatec pedals are not connected via USB but directly at the base: the Fanatec-CSW-Base type has a profile setting on the wheel where you could adjust the ABS - I have learned that when this is set to either 100 or OFF (don't remember which setting it was) it may constantly rumble in some cases. Maybe its worth to have a look at this setting, too, and play with certain values...

• Informative Informative x 3