News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Ranked racing is and should be more serious than open lobby racing. There have been cases (a lot of them) where people joined at the last minute not knowing the track or got disqualified for penalty points in qali and rejoined. This often ended up in crashfest at T1 and ruined races. I dn't like waiting as well, but I don't like being crashed into even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    But cannot this be set per server? Or is this the same for all ranked servers..

3. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    You always brag when someone gives an opinion and the thing is it's never about the subject. Have you ever given any kind of opinion about this rule before? If you don't have to say anything about the rule why did you even reply? Noone needs your pointless points. Peace

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Crashfest is not only about last minute entries. You can have it with so called "serious" RRE sim-racers(a lot of them).
    Isn't reputation reqirement more effective for not having crashfest? It has come for good and will be handy for sure. So why do you insist to block 80+ 90+ reputated clean/experienced racers from entering the more serious ranked race? I hope you don't assume that they don't know the track. And do you think this is the only way RRE has come up to prevent people from clearing their incident points?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    As always there is always more than one opinion, on this one I am for the change, the people who stay for qualifying tend to want to race, it dose cut down on people just entering at the last second with no practice and causing problems for the ones who stayed, this not saying that everyone who drops in late cause problems,far from it, but it dose help,

This is a good debate, it will be interesting to see if this format stays

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  7. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Fine by me. Welcome to my ignore list.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  8. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Not knowing the track at all is very unlikely though, and remember that newcomers also have the right to participate. This is not league racing, there has to be some leeway IMO otherwise it could end up being a snorefest where everyone drives like robots every lap. About knowing the track, a system like ACC would be great though don't you think ? Basically asking for a certain level of familiarity with the track before being allowed to enter the server.

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Every one has the right to participate and locked quali doesn't prevent it. Ranked servers are comptitive, you don't just race to finish the race. There's plenty of open lobbies where you can join in quali.

The reason that quali is locked is that when someone joins some people get lag, which means they're laps are destroyed. Whatever we may think and want from ranked server, I like that when it comes to competitons devs are trying to provide equal ground for everyone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  10. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The closed qualifying sessions is definitely staying.

The major benefit from it is that we prevent "join lags" for people who are on a timed lap while someone joins.
    It's often at the end of qualifying that the competition for a top starting grid position is most fierce, and it also did coincide with the moment where most players were joining the server because "a race is about to start", resulting in some occasional but very annoying microfreezes.

That's the main purpose.

There are secondary benefits that you also can't dismiss: putting everyone in race mode & competitive mindset, ensuring that all players had equal chances to qualify (equal time), ensuring that incident points in qualifying are respected (you can't come back if you're DQ), and so on.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. OldFart

OldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    A well reasoned response, I for one are very pleased it is staying, I will probably put it in to affect on one or two of my servers during busy periods like weekend evenings, The vast majority of servers will not do this so the affect for most will be minimal

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  12. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oh yeah I was in very competitive mindset because we were only 5 and 3 of us(including me) has quit before race has begun because noone could enter the server and I don't want to race myself ;>
    Now I felt sorry about poor RRE servers that can't handle joins well and causes "annoying microfreezes" (if it's more annoying than not being able to join a server in qualifying)
    I wonder if ACC/iRacing/rFactor producers are also blocking users because their server can't handle their users :)
    Btw I have a better suggestion, let's close all rated servers and there will be no microfreezes. How about that?

Thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Isn't iRacing's setup very similar? You have a long practice, short quali and race?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    seriously , this much rage because its not how you want it , the closed quali is realistic , its perfect
    ok you dont like the practice n, fine join at the end of practice , but yes you run the risk of not getting in if the server is full
    please be nice , stop being so angry , you suggested stuff , ppl didnt agree and it didnt go your way .... its not the end of the world

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. michaelstuck1

michaelstuck1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I dont now beta server or any thing for poeple are 55+ whats is it ?rating i drive 24 nordschleife in under 8 min and i drive you a

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just see one guy saying "the rule is definitely staying". I didn't see any poll or sign of discussion of my suggestion.
    And, do you realise that what you call rage is what is happening right now? How am I responsible for that rage?
    I admit that it has risks but the solution is just a lazy one. It's as lazy as causing couple of e-sport racers halted while joining the servers and after half an hour the race was cancelled :) Do you remember it? And one of the guys has 437K subscribers, meaning all the viewers have seen this tragedy.
    It would have been better if you say something about what I compared there.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You're acting like someone has banned you form racing, while you can still perfectly do it. The only thing is that you cannot join during quali. Reasons has been explained. You're acting like a 5 year-old child that cannot have ice-cream before dinner. Grow up. Every sport has rulles and every one has to play by the rules.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    It may appear as if external events are responsible for our rage, but by stepping back n breathing a bit we can come to realise that we can have full control over our emotion.We are not responsible for what's going on around us, but we are fully responsible for how we react, and rage n anger are never good friends, spoil our peace n clarity of mind, n hurt pple at our reach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tim balzeski

Tim balzeski Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I can deal with all the changes in the game, but after five years playing this game only on multiplayer I can not understand why everyone keeps racing on the same 6 or 7 tracks? They RSE spend all kinds of time and money to give us all these new tracks and nobody wants to race them. I hear a lot of to hard.....supposed to be!!!!! Just would be nice to change up tracks more often, and maybe the better drivers will show up and the people that can't drive won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @yoori Only 5 year-old childs do whatever their parents tell them to do, like you? Don't care.
    @Jetsun I appreciate it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1