News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Maddawg

Maddawg Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Wondering why only the DTM, ADAC, and some WTCC include tracks, but none of the other packs do. That might be an inducement to buy the other packs if they included tracks as well.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    because those are real series , and they try to have the full quota of tracks in that series available with the cars when possible

Andi

3. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Well, according to the email sent out that I received, 30% off vRP in the store. Not there! The vRP is the same price as always. i.e. 2000 vRP is still 16.99 Euro same as always.

With the GT3 and GTX cars there is no option to buy all the liveries with a car all at once. So I don't know how much my total would be? This means two transactions. Seriously?

Additionally, IF I chose to add ALL content I DO NOT own, I cannot. I would like to see a total. If everything that I don't own adds up to more than the 50.00 Euro, the cost of the 'special offer', it would still be in my best interest to just buy the sale.

All these transactions start to get a bit silly. As an existing supporter and loyal, one has to begin to feel slighted by all this. I never understand why companies constantly do this. Great offers for new customers but existing loyalty is rarely rewarded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  4. vynnski

vynnski New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    As an avid iRacer, what are the notable differences with this sim by comparison? Is there anything similar to the safety rating and seasons that are run by iRacing?

5. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Nope.There is not a safety rating or same-leveled online.Devs have said that they are looking into adding a similar system but it may be quite a bit away.

6. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, there is not a structured Multiplayer hosting like iR with iRating/SR, with seasons, officiating, etc., though it would really cool if there were. iRacing kind of has a monopoly on the organized multiplayer element.

Hey! Sector3, you watching/listening? Maybe iR needs some competition?

As for the cars, I feel the cars here drive much better. iRacing, IMO is a broken mess when it comes to the physics model and the tire model (if you want to call it that?). The iRacing fans refuse to believe it for some screwed up reason... idk!

Real setup values rarely work in iR. Contrary to what most over at iRacing are led to or want to believe, there is no real active tire model in that there's no dynamic wear, cycles or fall off. It's either cool with grip or warm/hot and you drive on a razor's edge on the verge of losing control at all times. It is actually harder than a real car at times imo. Slides can rarely be saved and there has been an ever present bug where you can't really brake, then ease off the brakes as you begin turning. More often than not, once you do, the whole physics engine pukes up an organ and it goes into a slow speed spin which, like most spins in iR, are really hard to save no matter how fast you are on the wheel. At that point it slides like a car in Fargo, ND in January.

This drives, feels, responds more like a car does and should. That is my opinion based on what I've driven which is albeit limited but I do have a reference point.

If you haven't played it, the sale is certainly worth it at $53.00 USD for everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    safety rating is a way off but planned feature,
    pros: the cars are more controllable when you develop a slide, way way cheaper, single player, far superior sound, no subscription, less toxic forum and doesn't ban people for negative reviews of the game.
    cons: less active multiplayer comminty, quite a few very average tracks and beta state (can and should be expected to have a few bugs).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sector3... this is a good initiative but I feel betrayed and fooled!
    I consider myself a very faithful supporter of this game and I spent a lot of money to buy over time almost the entire offer... now to complete all my RaceRoom Racing Experience content I miss only eight cars, DTM 2013 Car pack and DTM 2013 experience, adding another 20,83 euros to the many others spent previously!
    Practically, to have the complete game I should pay approximately half of total offer "Black Friday All In One Deal"... a clear and unjust disproportion.
    This is our policy regarding the to reward your most loyal supporters?
    I am really disappointed by this lack of respect in my regard... and when you release new expansions for this game I will think very long time before purchasing them because I do not want be fooled for the second time!
    ...and excuse me for my bad English.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. GameOne

GameOne Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hello, how many codes are still available ??

10. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, they did nothing to betray of fool anyone. Its like buying something relatively new then the price goes down as it is older, or based on supply and demand.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    there are two things in life we all need ....

a pair of balls ....
    to be able to be man enough to accept you made a decision through free choice

a vacuum cleaner....

so you can suck it up and move on...

I know this sounds a bit heartless and i know the guys behind the scenes do hell of a lot to ease the pain of certain users ...but whatever happened to personal responsibility ? ....
    Its as if we all live in a world were we have no free choice in some way we are forced at gun point into these decisions ; made to pull out our credit card and buy ;buy ;buy...

Prices change every day , deals come and go across the board across the world ; its life .. constant change ; luck ;circumstance ...its the way it is

Its something that really i find bewildering ; yep you were unlucky but its no ones fault ; no one forced you ; no one created this situation except yourself , through free choice; free will through your acceptance at that moment to proceed...

circumstances change every day ..... we all make decisions on what we know at that moment , and thats how it is

You are all adults; you know how the world works but still ... you blame someone else ...

do your self a favour next time you buy something write down on a piece of paper , the date , the product and
    "i knowingly buy this product on this day through free will and accept the individual responsibilities that go with this "

as a reminder that you and you alone are responsable for your actions ..;unless there is a gun to your head

Im not writing this as a Raceroom ; S3S fan boy;defender ; nor am i writing this as a beta tester ... im writing this as an individual who has messed up so many times ; made huge mistakes but learnt a huge lesson a long time ago .... if i buy the ticket and take the ride through free choice then the only person i can hold responsible is ......... ME

have a great evening folks

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Doctor Kruntz

Doctor Kruntz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...it is nevertheless a bad commercial policy... to find new users will miss many other old that should be safeguarded and pampered!

13. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You are correct.

I think maybe the Doc was misunderstood because of the translation from whatever language. I do understand what he's saying and I do agree in that, great, offer that amazing deal to new users.

Give something to existing and often loyal existing base too.

Read my earlier post. I can't even get a proper total to make that 'willing' choice you are referring to and determine what option(s) I actually purchase. No one has responded or likely will. The last time I contacted sales, it was 3 days before I received a reply and that sale was long gone at that point.

I've handed out enough money for content that I don't think it's unreasonable to NOT have to spend $20 or $40 dollars more than I need to particularly if it's to top up thereby owning 100% of the content. That helps keep THEIR business alive too. This 'capitalism' thing is often a two way street.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

Agreed

just there seems to be this huge collective amnesia , were people seem to forget the difference between the words of developer and the Rights holder /owner ,salesman ...
    S3s guys are the nerds the geeks the sim racers ....based way up north in sweden.;while the store is based in germany .... with the rights holders

I fully understand every ones position , there are a few of us that have in many ways invested 1000's of euros of time as testers because we believe in these nerds and geeks and there sincerity ...we may not always agree with them and them with us ... but they really do fight for you guys in ways you cant imagine ...

Andi

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry but I can't remember having seen this kind of petty behaviour on any other game's platform and I can't quite imagine what state of mind someone has to be in to utter such demands. The greed and pure enviousness is just unbelievable.

Honestly, wtf guys, is this some kind of practical joke? You want to be rewarded for enjoying a game somebody sold you, really?
    I and many other people have bought every single Pro Evolution Soccer release (or make that FIFA, or Gran Turismo, or F1...) since 2002. I spent hundreds of Euros on that and not once did it cross my mind to demand a loyalty bonus from Konami, nor did anybody else.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    You are missing the point.

Really simple, if you offer a huge discount to new users/buyers, why not offer some kind of incentive to existing owners. In this scenario no less, many have paid 3-4 times what the current offer is and are not even at 100% content yet.

Btw, my phone company does it. They actually went as far as crediting my account for 2 years of over payment to the tune of $840.00 because the plan I was paying on was altered, I would have never noticed and there were no marketing or sales notifications otherwise. So?!?

Get over it. Maybe companies have to give a little back to those that get them or keep them there.

* I'm not speaking in support of any of the unreasonable complaints. There have been some valid things said that should be acknowledged and respected. *

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Really, that's "the point"?
    Three months after I bought PES 20xx on the release day the price was dropped to almost half of what I paid, which happens with games, electronic devices, cars, everything. And I didn't get a refund or a discount voucher for my next game/TV/car from the producer. Am I the idiot here for not demanding special treatment on the ground of me wanting to have PES the day it was released?

And you honestly believe you phone provider did that because they value you as a customer so much, rather than them knowing that they'd get their asses sued into oblivion if they didn't do that? They changed the service they sold to you, they had to do that, totally different scenario.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Last time I checked some of those packs came with a 70-80 % discount anyway. So yeah, let's add another 30 % to that and give people some money for obtaining our products. :rolleyes:

5 times cheaper? Without any special offer you can easily get every car and track in store for under 100 bucks so, meh...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Very strange indeed, smells like a con scheme. ;)

20. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    As for your reference, you are WAY OFF the mark.

FYI, I used other sales, bundles and promotions even outside of here to get the content I have so far. I certainly wasn't asking for money back for anything I bought. All I was saying is some kind of discount on new content that is comparable or on par with what new users are getting.

Terribly sorry but you are misinformed on so many levels.

I am into this for $164.00USD and that was using every discount, steam sale, humble sale, S3 Store sale and vRP Discount (buying vRP vs. buying the content directly from the store) I could to reduce the cost. Additionally, I'll still need to spend another $53.00 to get to 100% content while new comers get everything for $53.00. Get real with your numbers and do the math before speaking. All I'm saying again is some kind of discount for existing users. I'm not saying give me everything for free or give me money back. Smarten up. I have a real big issue with people shooting it off without crunching the numbers and doing any real research.

As for my phone company, yes they do value me as a customer. I've been with them for 10 years since they were a small startup. Their service has been second to none and they know I refer them to others too. Aside from that, at least in the country I live in, a contract is a legally binding document and agreement therefore, just like a cellular plan, once you are locked in, too bad if things change, that's how it is until the contract is up or somebody with the authority or power to change it does so. FYI, my ISP, who actually happens to operate entirely on the continent they are located in (without support centers in some 3rd world sweat shop) is also incredibly awesome and goes out of their way to accommodate as I use their home and business services and my business matters to them. So again, know what you are talking about before you run off...

Not everyone lives in some part of the globe where everyone just does as they please without consequence or repercussion. I don't know where you live BUT there ARE places in the world where business is conducted in a manner that exhibits courtesy, respect, ethics and gratitude.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015