News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So,the 49,99 deal is free for all until Monday.It seems like the 500 codes were sold out.I would really like to know were the count stops.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    When the German imps in their evil lair run out of numbers and letters for crafting new codes. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Seriously buddy, you really have to SMARTEN UP!

There is a darn good reason I DO NOT care for discussions with people like you. You misconstrue, you put words in people's mouths and you are NOT thorough.

Show me where I said anything about your math skills or said you were in a 3rd world country? (-‸ლ) SMH

Again, your example is NOT accurate. You made an assumption by totaling everything in one transaction which I did not and could not as I acquired my content. I went through all my receipts for each purchase of content and vRP. That total that I listed is based on that, again, as I stated, taking advantage of Humble Sales, Steam Sales, RR Store sales and vRP purchases. Your example ONLY works if you buy everything in one transaction. (-‸ლ) SMH

So, again, back to the original point of the package, which I have at no point said is not a good offer. I think it's great and have agreed several times as have others. It's about the lack of balance. That's it.

I sure hope you are not an accountant or lawyer. You again are mistaken about contracts. Yes they are legally binding in each direction however, if there are terms of a contract that are agreed to by both parties, there are obligations by both parties to fulfill those terms ONLY. So, using the example of my phone company, they have/had ZERO obligation to change anything. They WERE fulfilling there side of the agreement. They chose to terminate that agreement at no penalty and gave me credit which is simply good customer service. They understand that down the road somebody says, "Yeah, you know I deal with this company and they did... blah blah blah and were great!" And that pays back many fold.

The example you gave was NOT relevant. We are not talking about something that was purchased however long ago and now I want a refund, partial or otherwise or some kind of discount voucher. What I am getting at, as others are too, is that essentially there are two different pricing structures at play here. The existing base is not seeing any kind of real incentive to top up or complete their collection while new customers are getting everything for 25% - 30% of what the existing customers are paying.

I was not referencing any place in particular. Simply there are places and people in this world that do not operate in a rogue fashion just as there are places that are a free for all and people who operate like it is a free for all. Dealt with both sides and one is not pleasant. Three guesses, first two don't count.

Anyhow, I'm done discussing anything more on this with you. You have exhibited some irrational tendencies and act a bit like the north end of a horse walking south. It seems that you will argue for the sake of arguing rather than the facts and properly calculated and presented examples. I'll just end up saying something regrettable.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wondering what else you meant by that.
    No. Doesn't make a difference, you can buy every pack and single item in that calculation seperately. Admittedly you have to start with the packs to gain the benefit of linked discounts. Get your facts straight, please. If there are any that is.
    Really? Then what did you mean by
    ? Who altered it? Sounded a lot like they did, like they wanted to change a running contract, in which case it is most common to offer "a deal" to prevent the client from insisting on keeping it the way it is or suing for compensation.
    How is that any different? You bought the some stuff for a higher price than is now charged new customers for the same darn thing. I just don't get why you feel that you are entitled to any form of compensation or incentive for them offering a discount to new customers, how ever big it is.
    You already did, without even noticing, which is worrying to say the least. At least I had some relevant examples to present. You can go on subtextually insulting me, my rational, skills and wits, it's funny to see how hard someone can try to make themselves believe they are right when clearly they are not.

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Guys, you've both made your points and you disagree, let's move past it.

I'd like to know if the 'extension' of the offer is no longer limited to 500 people, or if it's just until the 500 are sold out. Is this specified anywhere?

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    They sold out of it and extended it till Monday morning

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Dave, couldn't find the text anywhere. Will have to get the calculator back out tomorrow then!

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Might want to add the protractor and the compass as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I can lend you my theodolite and a sextant, just in case you end up in troublesome waters. ;)
    I guess as long as they don't run out of different combinations of letters and numbers, they'll keep selling 'em. Why stop...

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  10. taiba90

taiba90 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like to know this precious info as well.

11. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well I just purchased the entire content and redeemed the code to my account. The only thing I notice is that it doesn't show I have the experience packs!...I have all the cars and tracks but it still shows the Experience Pack(s) as available to purchase even though when I click on it, it won't show the add to cart...Is this normal?....It does show the other packs I previously purchased as Purchased...but not the GTR car pack and the new DTM2015 etc that should be included in this sale. kind of worried about this.....

12. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I could be wrong on this but something tells me something like that happened to someone during one of the summer sales and after the sale, the store was returned to normal operation and it stopped showing what you are seeing.

I've seen the store reflect odd pricing well after changes so listed price was different than the price in the Checkout Cart and one of the sales support mentioned a store cache retention issue. Could be something like that. ??

I would think ALL the content means ALL the content and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Someone probably has a concrete answer.

13. Nestoche

Nestoche New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks R.C. for the reply...You're probably right, I'll wait and see if it does change tomorrow. I'll play with it when I have some time tomorrow and see if all is there. It was just strange to see only the previous purchased packs indicating as purchased and not the others I didn't have but just purchased via this complete content deal.

Thanks again!

14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    So, now I understand the point of people that are upset, there should be a discount also for people that have almost everything calculated starting from that 49.99 euros, so we could have had the entire game for example for about 5 euros but I am also aware we are living in an hard society so...keep on and go straight...

15. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Same issue here, but everything was in there when starting R3E, it should be the same for you :) Including the experiences, though of course you won't see DTM 1992 or others that contain only cars and are not an "Experience" per se, with rules and so on.
    I had quite a few "content server 20103" errors with a few cars when trying some of them, then those problems seem to be sorted out automatically or next time you launch the game (not sure which or whether it's something else), it's apparently a known problem but with some persistence it's possible to overcome it.

16. R.C. Collins

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    It's great that they sold out and extended it. If it can help this game grow into something great, that's awesome. Let them sell as many as possible. Keep generating codes.

I won't say anything more about the rest. I spoke my thoughts.

@Redglyph that could just be extra load since they sold so much stuff, everyone is clamoring to try it out.

17. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    You must be right, this has happened before and doesn't seem to be a serious problem (no corrupted DB or otherwise evil bug), perhaps only a post-503 complaint from the servers ;) I haven't seen this since Friday anyway, but if someone has this, they probably shouldn't worry.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    May I speak, my liege?

I don't think so.
    Raceroom Racing Experience is one of five Experiences available, which happens to contain all the content of the other experiences. So when it says:

"Get ALL the current Raceroom Racing Experience content"

I think that means what it says. You get all the content included in this one (out of five) Experience, not "You get all Experiences" or "You get everything in store".

But, being the irrational, low smarts person I am, I could be totally wrong on this.

I'll ask a dev if I happen to stumble over one.

19. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I think he was speaking about the website, where the newly obtained packs are not showing, neither in purchased items nor in existing packs. So to clarify what I meant, and hopefully that's what he should see too: in the game the experiences (other than just Raceroom) are now available - you can see and select the experiences by moving the mouse at the top, so are the individual cars, and tracks.
    The experiences that only bring cars, of course, are not visible in game (DTM 1992, ADAC 2013, ...) and I suppose, shouldn't be - the cars and liveries are there though.
    Packs that were bought before the Black Friday offer are visible in purchased content. At least, that's what I saw on my end.

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I hope you know that that first sentence wasn't directed at you...

So you bought the black friday deal and after that Experiences (ADAC/DTM) were unlocked that weren't before?

• Funny Funny x 1