Released December Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
    26:50
    Think you might wanna have a look at this :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christian Göpfert

Christian Göpfert Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,279 / 0 / -0
    Already being investigated, but looks like some kind of diving glitch.

3. RicardoBR

RicardoBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The Devs did a wonderful job! I could finally test the new update yesterday and I got amazed by how the car feels. I tried the F-Junior and LOVED the new damage model (I've ruined the suspension by going off the track - and found it amazing!)

Congratulations to everyone! This update is HUGE step forward.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +751 / 0 / -0
    I just have started to be able to move again after I got completely stunned by this update that brings terminology like "revolutionary" and " "glorious" to my mind. Whether it be the new physics, the new damage model (love that suspension...), the superb and most excellent FFB (that worked out of the box for me without needing to change anything), the touring cars physicsa beign updated finally, the new cars and track, or the unexpected progression of dynamic daylight - its a lifting of Raceroom onto a new level, imo. Who still argues that Raceroom is more game than sim and is not really on same eye level with AC, AMS, rF2 and the likes, simply does not know it well enough. This is definitely one of the most serious heavy-hitters on the market now, I say, and the AI is a blast, the refrence in sim racing.

I almost do not recognise the driving experience anymore with the new FFB and physics. I love it.

Things have gone a long mile for Raceroom. I would not have expected that in early 2015, when I discovered it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +226 / 0 / -0
    me trying new update

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Just one word,AMAZING!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Also in this stream, he gets some white screens which only goes away with pressing ESC...i also got this yesterday one single time, while doing a Nordschleife Session with 100 cars (after the stream i wanted to see, if it is specific to just his system, or maybe something in general).

Motion Blur was off, using WebHUD, everything else is cranked up.
    Another one was reporting a black screen, just with standard HUD visible, when standing in the pits.

Specs:
    Ryzen 5 1600, GTX 1060 6GB, 8 Gb RAM Crucial Ballistix, B350 Chipset, Win 10, Nvidia Driver 441.41, Fanatec CSL Elite, 144Hz Monitor, Vsync off, Gsync through Freesync on, was using the GT2 CS car, i think 3x time acceleration.

EDIT: After a small 58 MB update, the time of day selection is Dawn, Noon etc. again instead of times, is this intentional?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  8. Proto

Proto Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    The start of this update was to begin with this:

Forgive me for the initial distrust ... ;)

9. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is really exciting end of the year from r3e, this patch is massive overhauling of the sim. Lets to tip what will be next - I bet on day - night transition next year. I think its logical step after dynamic sunlight :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I just tried the new update and for me it's a huge dissapointment. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I started from default setup but whatever I change I just don't feel the connection between the car and the track.
    Before I could drive close to the limit because the FFB told me when I was close to that limit. Now I just start spinning or...
    Is there a chance to revert the FFB update?
    Or how do set it up so that it is close to before?
    Thx

• Like Like x 1
  11. HomieFFM

HomieFFM Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Depending on what you were used to it can feel different, but this thread provides a very good guide, first post:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bult

Bult Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thx, I did read that.
    Not sure why change was needed to what was one of the best things about R3E.
    I just wish there was an option to revert the FFB.
    Right now the game is just unplayable sadly.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Badgerous

Badgerous Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    A hotfix has recently landed fixing the pause and reset VR position controls amongst other things.

Good stuff, devs. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Proto

Proto Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Why lose the chance to go to heaven?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +211 / 0 / -0
    But did you do what it suggested?

16. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This big update are good news for sure! Congratulations to Sector 3 for the good job! Now is solve the minor problems step by step do make it even more solid.

I am having a problem with my Logiteh G29... I already load the default controller profile, but I don't know why, the wheel still adjusted to 900°, and drive a GT3 car with 900° is really hard! Any one can give me a hand with this? Before the update I didnt needed to change nothing, automatically adjusted the "steering range" to each car...

17. jamuddin

jamuddin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I buddy yes and it still feels rubbish but I got home from work now and I heard they have a controller profile for simucube

18. Proto

Proto Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I have 900° in my Logitech profile, but all the race simulators always automatically recount it for specific cars.

19. Fábio Ramos

Fábio Ramos Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately is not happening with me... Also de FFB is too strange... Dont feel nothing... The road seems completely flat, no connection between steering, car and road... Don't feel the car reactions. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I see so much persons saying the same...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Proto

Proto Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    In the settings of your Logitech profile, enable the games to change the settings.