Released DTM Experience 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 21, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Due to licensing I doubt you can drive them in RRE MP Lobby - so yes, pretty sure you can drive a single bought DTM 15 at the DTM 15 Lobby.... would be a sudden change of policy instead..

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And they say that rF2 is so close to reality that its physics engines gets used by real teams. Still I found the four demo versions I tried from the very first release ever until the last one I tried just a few weeks ago, terrible. Like Raceroom is the most underestimated simulator to me, rF2 to me is the most overestimated one.

Don't get me wrong, I dont say Spengler and Juncadella are all wrong. But as a pro driver they may have different foci when judging these things. AFAIK, AC has had no direct input from pro drivers, and still they got their physics damn fine. I see it from a player's perspective. Realism I cannot judge, and do not judge anymore, I look whether or not things make sense to me.

Take the downshift protection. Spengler told them they should add some more tolerance, talk was of 5 or 10%, I do not recall exactly anymore. Right now, yesterday, in the GT3 cars I repeatedly tested it, and was able to shift from high-revving 4th to 2nd before getting a warning - the 3rd I could jump without eating the transmission or blowing up he engine. Maybe the limits of the game engine collide with Spengler's knoweldge of reality here...

See what I mean?

Truth beign told, meanwhile I also tested the Mercedes and BMW for the past one and a half hour. Taken for themselves, they feel better for me, the BMW being the most sensitive of the three, it seems, and the Mercedes being in the middle between the BMW and the Audi. Seems I got a start with the least optimal contender of the pack. So maybe I get used to it, and the differences are more about discriminating the cars against each other in their individual driving characteristics. Closing the session by using the Audi again, I again was underwhelmed by the train-on-wheels feeling. Its not that intense with the Merc and BMW.

3. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I hope it but some say you can others you can't...
    It would be a waste of money for me because I only drive Audi.
    @J-F Chardon can you answer my question I think you know it!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    One can easily forget to mention how damn good and well-made the title looks in replay. Sometimes you have to look twice to differ it from TV. Awesome. Best-looking visual track design in the business, me thinks.

5. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Good evening all together,

first I must admit that I'm now very euphoric because of this new DTM Experience is a big improvement in all imaginable terms.
    In my opinion the best ever content we've seen so far from the Sector3 studios. It seems that their partnerships between the other instances has fully paid. High praise for that!

It begins with the beautiful quality of the car 3D models, continues with the much more accurate and demanding physics and found a brilliant perfecting of the sounds.
    Furthermore you'll find there all official tracks, rules and gameplay modes - all ingredients for a great driving experience.

At the end I can only call up to buy it and can even recommend all owners of the previous versions - buy! It's worth it.

Greetings Jan

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'm having an odd issue. I set the race to 15 minutes both in SP and Championship and it goes back to 10 minutes when I get into the race.

**edited to add when I select 30 minutes, it drops to 20 minutes and an hour drops it to 40 minutes

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. F_FLETCHER

F_FLETCHER Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for S3 and don`t get me wrong. I have DTM 2013 and DTM 2014 and all tracks . I should now pay for 3 car models of DTM 2015 1100vrp ?:eek: Excuse me, that`s a joke? :mad:

I love DTM :cool:, but that`s a lot of money.

And the sound are better in 2013 and 2014, I think. I missed the strong sound of cars. I watch the DTM in TV every race and I was live 2014 in Oschersleben. In german we say "Gänsehaut" (goose bumps) to the sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Just one little thing about this.
    What teams use in their simulator is not exactly what you have when you play rf2
    The base is same but teams use isi engine 2.5 pro, they can tweak it to match their own models, etc.

Physics engine is not only about formula, it's also about what parameters you give to it, with isi engine pro you can tweak the parameters. Rf2 is a stripped down version of it with basics parameters.

9. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Its right this way. A DTM weekend has 2 races. The first one is 33% shorter (40min instead of 60). Finish the race, after that the second race will start with the distance you have selected.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, i've tried the GT3-Cars several laps yesterday and noticed the DSP... But I was not able to switch from 4 to 2 when my RPM were to high. Were you running in the rev-limiter?
    Funny thing: in the Alpina GT3 I've noticed a little ping-sound when I had the DSP

11. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    They did say in the change log that some cars made a sound :) cool addition

12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that is for the sequential gearbox cars. You hear a "beep" signal when the DSP is triggered. Now try a classic gearbox car and ...well, it's a surprise :D

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hehe - I know what you mean... tried the M1 first yesterday.... great addition :)

Is the "beep" signal only on some sequential gearbox cars or should it be on all? I had it on the GTR3 Alpina GT3 but not on the ADAC14 Audi R8.

14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Tobias!! Much appreciated

15. mochablendy

mochablendy Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    THIS.
    I hope the audio engineer will fix it in the future.

16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Bah, DTM2015 sounds are still better than a "Power Unit" .... we're good :p

I only drove the BMW M4 DTM15, but I liked the sound of it, something "nervous".. like the car :p

17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  18. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I like the fact I can buy just the cars ( I have a hard getting the time to run a full championship, I still have 1 race to go for DTM 2013!!),
    but as mentioned before, which MP lobbies will be available? I suspect RRE only, as you need to have the Experience to open the DTM201X dropdown. Not a deal breaker, the cars are great.

19. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The DSP is applied on the semi-automatic gearboxes only, so the R8 should have it but it went through during the implementation process and it's missing it. I just added it in DEV and it will be updated as soon as possible in your game.

Sorry for the mistake, this is what happens when you edit 200 files in a raw :oops:

20. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I'm sincerely sorry if you don't like the new sounds, but I will probably not revert the old sounds, unless a big majority of people request it.

I had the opportunity to create some new cockpit sounds from better and cleaner onboard recordings than the two previous DTM seasons, so it was a no brainer to replace the old sounds, as it's always very difficult to obtain some good recordings for these big series/championships.

The previous audio recordings we got were extremely compressed and distorted and I had a hard time to clean them up and create the cockpit sounds for the 2013/2014 seasons.

So the 2015 cockpit sounds are a big improvement in the audio quality at least, which is also closer to the real DTM sounds (I'll let you compare with some 2015 onboard videos) even if they might not sound as crazy as the 2013/2014 ones. ;)

• Like Like x 14