Released DTM Experience 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 21, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That and it doesn't sounds natural - more like typical sampling :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    now I did the first race of the championship but....only 1% tires wear in 40 minutes ?!?

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to my world!! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I want to stay in the other world:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Take me with you to your world, I think I'd prefer it, mine sucks!! :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Hello, sounds satisfied that I drive in an "own world". :)

Joking aside, I must admit that the new behaviour is really difficult to handle on the limit.
    You need to take much more risks during a lap and being clean at the corner entry.

It's very much a part of driving style adaption and create your own setup depending on the track layout.

Personally, for me this, would describe it as "more difficult to turn in" handling seems to be good because I prefer more a tendency to understeer, what not many people like. A thing of everybodys own preferences. ;)

Greetings Jan

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Yes Jan, i think you´re wright. The handling of the car is very tricky for Drivers who prefer oversteering.
    I thought that was the Problem of REAL DTM BMW Drivers in season 2014, only Marco Wittmann could handle the BMW M4 on the very last Limit, cause he likes (i thougt) a Little understeering car. I have massive Problems to find a Setup for an quick and saftey lap.
    At the end, the game has improved and anyone got a whole season to manage and adapt his driving style.

KEEP RACIN

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I just used 5%, 4%, 3%, 3% in only 15mins at Hockenheim, so I guess user mileage may vary.

• Like Like x 1
  9. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    thanks for feedback, so you could reach also 15% in 40 minutes...so maybe it's my driving style, maybe I am so slow...this night or tomorrow I'll do the 2nd race of championship in Hockeheim, I'll see again my tires wear

10. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Well I am not extremely quick, think I averaged about 1.37 for that race, but I did have to do some heavy braking since I accidentally clicked "'end session' instead of "drive" for qualifying :rolleyes: and had to fight my way through the whole field in 15min, so some pretty wild dive bombing was in order :p

I'll watch my tire wear in more calmer circumstances see if it matches.

11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The regulations for the 2014 season in real live got plenty of criticism, due to the immense differences between Options and Premiums, and some more. However, I think for sim racing the regulation for DTM season 2014 was a great asset to have: it added so much drama and tension to it. And I am not only about messing up pitstops, which I happened to repeatedly excel in :) , but especially the tires wearing out, leaving me sometimes wondering whether I would last until pitstop without spinning out first, or driving more cautiously - but as a result seeing unwelcomed visitors growing bigger in my back mirrors.

I would not mind to be able to tune such regulation things for the upcoming pitstops in SP, too. Its not a vital necessity, but would be a nice thing to have. Essentially: DTM 2014 rules, with tracks and with cars outside the Experience context. I liked that mandatory two tires thing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I'm not 100% shure as I haven't tried that, I think you can do it now. Not within the DTM-Experience, but you can now use the DTM2015-Content within R3E and create your own Championship with the rules you like.

13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The cars are free to use outside Experiences, yes, but the regulation for pitstops are not yet present, since pitstops are coming later for SP. It was just posted, with screenshots, that they work on getting pitstops, refueling and tire change implemented in single race pitstops.

Pitstops come for sure, I just wanted to motivate them a little to add not just one pitstop at the middle of the race, but to leave players some freedom there. I think the DTM 2014 system worked really nice.

14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I did the 2nd race at Hockheim, after about 20 minutes tyre wear was again very low, my fastest lap was 1 38 50, I coudn't complete the 1 hour race because of a DQ, I don't really know for what...I'll repeat the race

15. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Well said, @Dirk Knatz. Nothing to add.

Can recommend for many of you to work a bit with some setup areas around the anti-roll bar and dampers. I personally use more softer settings at the front, because with this tendency to understeer you'll receive a better feeling for the grip in some sections.

16. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm ready to buy it, it's supposed to be usuable across all other experience so how come I can't select Dtm 2015 on dedicated server application?

If I can't host it I'm not too incline to buy it. Odd thing is I see some dtm 2015 servers out there? I'm not sure if only the RR official server are the only one who can host them at the moment. Would be nice to get clarification on this.

17. Joshua Spann Jr

Joshua Spann Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    According to a dev, you should be able to see it, dedi is not linked to what you own or not so you should see it regardless, its not linked to any user so anyone can host anything, I was able to host it with no problem

18. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    They said it's an error they plan to update sometimes in the future...actually 90% of tires wear it's about 10%...

• Like Like x 1
  19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Like i said its not available.

10-27-2015 2-38-00 PM.png

20. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    just to be sure - the dedicated server-tool is updated?
    I have it in my Dedi-Tool...
    dedi.jpg