English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I guess my computer just cant handle the Nords. I did numerous tests in the practice server and everything seemed fine, even turned down my settings even lower. but as soon as we all started racing the stuttering was just too much. I had a lot of fun racing with some of you when everything was running smooth (for as short as that was). It was pretty crazing going down the straight all in a line and drafting, and seeing who had their wing set the lowest :p

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    well i got a pit bug .. Something for you to report @Andy Blade

I went to the pit made my selection. it was green .. and it sat there ... doing nothing .. waiting waiting waiting ...
    Then it kicked me back to the menu and i could select to view result or quit . :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And again sorry @sIRO we bumped pretty hard and its my own stupid fault for losing track of where i was ... very very sorry ... ugh ..

I was looking forward to this race the most and it turned into the most frustrating one for me .. DAMN !!!1

3. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    ah man that's brutal :( I was wondering what happened on your end....It was super fun with me you and Chris in a line there for a bit!

4. marek-am

marek-am New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What is the reason that I disengage from the server during the race?
    Now it is only 14 racers in the game

5. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Spun a lot and in the end I blew my engine with 2 mins on the clock (1.3 laps to go) Oh well.

6. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    yeah that must have been frustrating for a lot of ppl. 8 ppl didn't make it.

7. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    don't drink Cuba's rum and race - it doesn't fit together, I approve this message

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    What a lucky escape for me , my worst track by far just can not get it right lol so sat on grid thinking just finish no matter what !! And hey ho 20th to think 10th thanks to all that left for one reason or another and unlucky to my team mate running out of fuel with finish line almost in sight !!
    Now on to Sonoma arrh round and round we go hopefully my gold fish brain can atleast remember this layouto_O

10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    and now i fucked up my right hand playing hockey tonight ,.. lol can this day get any worst ... that's bad :confused:

at least we won and i got 2 goals but ... ouch. Can't hold anything or put any pressure on it. And i drive Standard,, the drive home was painfully long

11. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Just so you don't feel aloneo_O. I somehow blew out my left shoulder horseback riding a couple of days ago. By the end of today's race, I could barely keep my hand on the wheel.:( May have to miss the next race. Who'd a thought sim racing would be so hard on the body. :grin::flushed::grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    RACE REPORT - pff haven't done one of this in a good while.

Intro : - well I am sad that I could not attend all races, as I would have love to fight with the guy's and see where I would end up, but such is life so I set my goal that when I do races I would be as best as I can be, preferably pole,win and fastest lap. I consider Nords one of my favourite tracks(Sebring tops that list) and strangely I can concentrate better on longer tracks and longer races, I know it's odd.
    I know I only did 2 rounds but I like the people and the format a lot because even do I put pressure on myself it's not as high as when I race against the aliens of the world at TPS, where I get frustrated because I am 0.5 of them and such, here we are 4-5 guy's on the same pace and the racing is a lot cleaner so works good for my moral.
    Anyway, I didn't do to much practice for Nords as I knew the track well, did some setup for the Lada in the past and also I had the luck to drive it on real life :)), so I was confident as it seems on every track so far I am a tad faster with the Honda than my Lada times. What I learned and remembered from old days is that in a race with pit strategy pitting matters, so I did 3 race runs of 45min each and saw how much fuel do I need and how to enter pits and such, I gained 2.8sec on Jason on the pit lap, my pit was 10sec because I only took front tires and 10L of fuel, I only needed 6L (56L in total) but put extra 4 to be safe, probably I could have entered pits harder as the first part of the pit entry you can go flat out and no pit speed penalty will be issued.
    So with that settled all I was concerned was sleep before the race, 3h and I was done.

Practice: - I only did a few warm-up sectors to get back to speed of earlier yesterday, all felt good and nice, was more than comfortable with the setup and was pondering on my Q times, was thinking that if I put a 49.5/6 I would be pretty safe considering LeaderBoard times so went with that mentality, which was WRONG!

Qualifying : The first lap I did a 54 something and when I saw that I was 4sec+ I was o shit I ain't safe with a 49.5/6, so calmed down and focused a lot to make a 48, went on on a second lap after that as I knew I left 0.5 on the table and on S1 I was up 0.2 on my time but then tires went yellow and lost grip and couldn't improve, in hind site I should have pressed ESC and try again fresh as I had the time, but I can't be picky, got pole:).YEY! objective one complete
    My sector times + optimal best + Q times
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Race: I knew I could low 50's as race pace but tire will only last 3 laps, so I wanted to be slower in the first 2 laps or so to preserve them, but @Gonzales(sorry if I got your name wrong) and @Clapper had other ideas and were pushing me like mad, especially in the braking zones. Had to up the pace a bit to stay ahead and when I went from conservative to 85% race pace I put two wheels on the grass and shit myself, after that I only made two other mistakes and I am glad about that.
    I had about a 6-7sec gap to Jason entering the pits and I exit with 9sec and out lap, I drove very safe so I can save tires as I didn't see if I have the fastest lap, so wanted to push on the penultimate lap, did I do and very happy with a 49.8.
    Was a fun race and demanding one, glad that I did the treble, pole,fastest lap and win and I am antcios to race with you guy's again.
    Thanks for the admins for the hard work.
    My race laps + sector times with optimal lap time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Travis Wallace

Travis Wallace Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Just want to say that I had fun for the short period I kept it on the track and had people to race against. You guys are great fun and the racing usually stays clean, at least around me.

On a side note, that is by far my worst race ever at this track. I love the ring and have competed here across many different games in many different cars. As you have seen I am not the fastest racer but I have many victories against people who are much faster than I am and it is all because of my love (and respect) for such a great circuit. For some reason though last night was a ---- show. I think I hit the wall an average of twice a lap and even ended up backwards at one point, great job avoiding a car sitting sideways on track trying to get turned around. Man, I can't believe it went so bad for me, going in I was confident and knew that I knew the track better than most. Not sure what happened last night but man, that was rough. If anyone is curious of what time I can normally run around there, head over to the competition section in game and look at the wtcc/nords one from a couple months ago. Can't remember where I finished at but I think it was around 50th. For some reason I had the cruze dialed in and that damn Citroen was just a turd. Couldn't get any time out of it at all.

Also, if anyone has any pull with developers or the community, MAKE ADDING FUEL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY IF THE PIT STRATEGY SAYS TO ADD FUEL. I mean seriously, I go before the race and save a new pit strategy, then in race call to the crew and get them ready for a pit, then get in the pits pretty clean (tough at the ring), only to pull in, stop for fuel and tires, and leave with only tires. I could have killed my crew chief. Then to make it worse he tells me with 7 minutes left that I have 10 minutes of fuel so I'm like "oh okay cool, I can make it". Then with 3/4 of a lap left he's all like "we have 2 litres of fuel left" and I'm like "you ------ ------, you said I was good! What the ----?". To which he responds "(radio silence)". Then heading into the valley he calls out "one litre of fuel". So I tell my teammate that I will run out of fuel at the end of the valley straight. He is behind me about a minute and a half so when it begins to cut out I am like "---- I am out. I'll be rolling as long as I can but I will stop and get disconnected soon". He's all like "don't worry, when I get to you I'll push you to the end". That is a good teammate right there guys. Anyways, he is about 15 seconds from becoming my tow truck to the end when R3E says "---- you mister wallace, you're ass is mine, get off the track and pack it in son". So I did. My point there is make it automatically put fuel in when you have it saved as putting fuel in. Wtf, seriously r3e get it together.

TL DR
    In conclusion:
    1 I love this track
    2 last night sucked balls
    3 my teammate is the best (andy blades)
    4 Citroen can suck a ----, stupid ass cars
    5 the r3e crew needs to fix the damn pit strategy/in race pit menu, it's too small and doesn't give you the pit strategy you asked for from the preset.

And on that bombshell....goodnight

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    tough night, man. at least you got 2 goals at hockey. i bet you used the frustration from the race to help you do that. makes me think of this.... https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/great-tracks.1276/page-13#post-91703
    unfortunately when you use the dark side of the force, you rarely think of safety or self preservation :confused: :D

15. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I took fronts and only 8L of fuel, but I think it displayed a 2 second "Waiting" period -- maybe I didn't call the pit soon enough.

Anyhoo, my race setup wasn't the same as my qualifying setup because I didn't practice racing with it. I'm satisfied with my consistent 6:54's because during test races I was only hitting 6:56's -- maybe trying to go "slower" made me go faster? :cool:

Those detailed lap times are pretty cool, I suppose you can click on your name to get the qualifying laps but how do you display the race lap summary?

16. Mr.C

Mr.C Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    @Clapper the same as Q session, but you have to be fast, as soon as you finish hit ESC and go to timing and click your name press F12 and done:)

• Like Like x 1
  17. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    It's getting better and better!
    Well done!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Mid Ohio!? wasn't that a week and a half ago? jeez, somebody should tell those guys to get their arses in gear :rolleyes:

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  20. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Chaps, I'm waiting to receive green light and response from the Secret Society of Administrators about the outcome of a couple of reports and then I'll update the stats.
    Thanks everyone for the patience... in the meantime here's a gif for you
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1