Released PORSCHE 911 GT3 Cup (2017)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Don't underestimate the number of satisfied customers. As @GooseCreature said, people who are happy tend not to post on the forums.
    Anyway I am grateful for your efforts :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Where can I donate for this equipment?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It's just a fact that the whining is ascending in these cars and not starting from the low tone again after changing gear. When there's room for improvement (and this is an obvious one), why not try to improve it? Even GT sport and pcars2 get this point right (although they just use generic sounds for that). And this is my only complaint about the sound in general.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBKing212

BBKing212 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    At first I needed some time to get used to it and now I really like it. Also the special sound under heavy braking is superb. I wouldnt change anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I explained, the main issue with the transmission sound is that it's so loud into the real car that I couldn't isolate the engine sound itself. So I had to leave the transmission whine on the top of the engine samples, which makes it "wrong" for obvious reasons. Nothing guarantees that some new recordings will improve this situation but we need to try at least, also by using some alternative recording methods.
    Personally, I'm against using some generic samples for engine and transmission, even in this case, but I understand why some other games are doing it. Of course, that makes it more challenging for us but there has been some harder problems to solve in the past.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The Porsche 991.2 Cup 2017 appears in several racing simulators. I've tried it in Raceroom, iRacing and Assetto Corsa and in all of them the sound is different between them.

Which one is more like the real sound? I don't know.

I would like to know the opinion of a real driver of this car regarding the sound after having tried the simulators that I have listed.

If Raceroom people could get advice from a Porsche Cup driver, they could adjust the sound of their virtual car much better.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Just don´t listen to those dorks , Anthony ;)! Happy new year for everyone! See you on the track!

• Like Like x 1
  8. svaty

svaty Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That's what I meant and it was clearly written. I hoped so. I also like current sounds. If there is a possibility to capture them in another way to receive even more realistic result, that'll be great.

9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Porsche drivers helped us a lot during the development phase, including soundwise, and this is a precious advice for sure.
    But I also trust my recorder as in the end, it's the best tool to capture what's happening in the cockpit ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. javi_crash

javi_crash Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info Anthony. I guess once the virtual Porsche was finished, they have driven it in Raceroom. What did they think about the sound?

If Porsche drivers believe that the audio you captured with your recorder is true to reality, you don't need to change anything.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Brief, my new favorite R3E car

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Green livery is so good and so popular :)

13. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. It’s a challenging but very, very rewarding car to drive. My number one favorite and the Cayman Clubsport definetly on a close number two. The Beemer GT2 is back to third. Would love to see a physics update to the GT2 and GT1 like the GT3 though I also get it when priorities are focused on higher priorities on the S3S’s never ending wishlist.

• Like Like x 3
  14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    To me the Cayman GT4 met my expectations of driving a "real" Porsche (again) most but I felt quiet irritated by the GT3 Cup ones in the beginning ( due to my expectations of getting the classical tail-happy but totally controllable Porsche Feeling). On the other side, practicing with and setting up the Cayman to my preferences helped to understand the PGT3 Cup Cars better...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi there S3S - and Happy New Year!
    And a big thank you so much for the Porsche's.
    - Question 1: Why is the Porsche GTR brake balance stopped at 50%?
    - Question 2: Why is the standard brake balance 65% on the CUP Carrera when it is not drivable above 48%?
    Just wondering, and since i did not get any answer from JF..

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im not sure what you mean here. The default brake bias is something like 54% if I am remembering correctly.

Generally as the race goes on and your fuel burns off, you will want to move the bias even further back. Going to 50%, or 48% as you mention.

17. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, as it is neither drivable at that Brake setting either in sim or in Real.
    - As told by the real drivers....

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Im sorry, but Im having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say here.

These cars in RaceRoom were developed with real drivers testing them. The information and data used is correct.

19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I think what @Stonehard is questioning is the total range of adjustment allowed in the brake bias. If I understand correctly, he's asking why is it possible to go so far away from the usual range of adjustment.

My answer is that it's not the way it is for any particular reason. However, it doesn't cause any problem. Anyone can figure out what range works for them and stick to it. Even the real cup teams could disconnect a rear brake master cylinder to give 100% front bias. Of course none of them ever would.

20. Stonehard

Stonehard New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No, not after what the Real Drivers saying