Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad you're finding it usefull. ACC is top on the list I would like to do, and tbh I planned to do it during easter, but got stuck on other things. ;) So I hope it will come rather soonish.

Cool, that's great to hear :)

2. Hayden Cowell

Hayden Cowell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just getting into Assetto Corsa but I was frustrated that I couldn't see my sector times to see where I am slower, faster, improving, etc. Downloaded your app, installed the plugin to Assetto and wabam it's absolutely amazing! Really appreciate all the hard work you put into this masterpiece. Is there somewhere I can access a guide that shows what each thing means? For example all of the numbers around the tire info, what do they all mean?

3. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  4. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yep, the wiki is a good place to start, just expect lots of these :D (documentation, the arch nemesis of sw development :D)
    chrome_2020-04-17_10-42-51.png
    If there is something you haven't found in the wiki (like the wheel info), just ask ;)

Quick summary of what is shown for the wheels:
    • Top numbers are tyres temperatures for left/center/right portion of the wheel (but tbh, looking right now in code, there might be mismatch for AC, I need to fix :D). In general, you expect the inner part to be the hottest (because of camber), and the outer to be the coolest, with the middle somewhere between. If the middle is lowest, then your tyre pressure is too low (the tyres are bulging inwards, and the middle part has little surface contact), if the middle is highest, then the pressure might be to high (the tyre is bulging outwards). But this all depends on sim. in my experience, the temps in AC never get that much spread (which might be why I never noticed the bug ;) )
    • Bottom are brakes temperatures, and tyre pressures
    • Center bar : The yellow vertical bar is the boundry of mild tyre wear, the red vertical bar is the boundy of heavy tyre wear (these can be changed here : https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Car-Settings-Window). The black bar is what is the projected tyre wear at the end of the race.
    • Center bar : The big number is the core tyre temperature (if provided by sim), or average of the tyres portion temperature.
    • Center bar : The small number on the left is the tyre condition as reported by sim. Small number on the right is how many laps until the tyres reach the red, heavy wear, bar, considering the tyre wear from the last few minutes. This is usefull for managing your pace in stint, as you can see if your tyre life is +- equal to your pit window.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Hayden Cowell

Hayden Cowell New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much! Super helpful. I can’t wait to see what else you can do with this amazing program!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Progress has been made :D
    SecondMonitor_2020-04-19_14-17-52.png

Still some bugs to iron out, but it is looking good :)

• Like Like x 3
  7. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Just out of curiosity, are you planning iRacing compatibility at all???? :)

8. krdtms

krdtms New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply!
    Can you make a guess when you’ll be able to tweak the “out-lap” bug?
    Thanks!

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Not at this moment. I can only support sims that I own/play, and as I'm mainly a SP player, the monetary cost of IRacing are hard for me to justify (If it would be one-time investement, I would have no problem with that). SRS and ACC more than satisfy the occasional mp itch for me ;)

Either during ACC implementation (the next version), or immediately after that (the next next version) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. krdtms

krdtms New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Really great peace of work though! Looking forward to the update.

11. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's fair enough :)

I was big into iRacing a few years ago but grew bored. The beta AI has drawn me back in but not to the extent of RR to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Hello
    under ams2, the tire temperature does not work. under simhub, it works

[​IMG]

13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that is the big problem of the UDP API, you cannot use multiple tools the same time on the same system. I had the same problem with RST and SecondMonitor, but use RST in a Virtual Machine now, because it uses UDP only. SecondMonitor uses SharedMemory and UDP and have to run on the same system where the game is running.
    The 2nd idea is like my way with RST to use an additional laptop or VM and use SimHub there in UDP mode.
    And the 3rd idea, you can still use SimHub in SharedMemory mode. Then you lose the 3 temps per tire in Simhub, but you can be sure that both tools are not interfering with each other.
    Further using the UDP API in SimHub is still experimental in version 7.0.1.
    But if you really need all tire temps in both tools on the same PC Winzarten's idea is the way to go.

2020-04-22_09-41-21__SimHub - Project Cars 2 - Game disconnected.jpg

2020-04-22_09-41-39__SimHub - Project Cars 2 - Game disconnected.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  15. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Short question: what Simhub overlay are you using in the screenshot?

16. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    It's not a overlay

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

I've tried to use the SecondMonitor software on a separate PC, but for some reason the client PC can't connect to the server side. Is there anything network related that I still have to adjust to get it work properly?

19. viper4r3e

viper4r3e New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Often the Windows Firewall can be the cause of problems or the used server port is already in use by another application.
    You followed this guide?
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Setting-up-Second-Monitor-on-separate-computer

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please uploade the log files from both computers? :)
    I will check tomorrow if there is any obvious problem with the app in this mode.