Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Vr was faster implemented than i thougt. Now i have to wait for the amd ryzen to get vr-ready (Not buying intelstuff).
    Great changes. And more free stuff is exactly what was needed for a bigger playerbase and more crouwded server. Thumbs up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Just tried out some of the changes.

Silverstone is a great track. Knowing it from F1 2016 I felt home immediately, and a few minutes ago I had an GTR3 online race on this track which was absolutely fascinating. What a great track!

The manual pitstops are awesome, too. If I'm not straight in my pit box the stop will take some more time, so my driving in the pit has an influence on the pit stop duration, really cool.

And the stress level of the AI works fine. The frequency of their mistakes is on point.

• Like Like x 2
  3. frodesa

frodesa New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So now all DTM cars have the 2016 physics. But is the 2013 m3 still different from the 2016 m4? Or are they the same car now, in terms of physics? The same goes for the mercs.

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    ...and no errors, no 505...Wonderful!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Isn't it a same car anyway? Those kind of cars don't have much in common with road version, other than overall look

I've heard that if they release 3 patches in a row without errors, then they will be ready to release new multiplayer system ;)

6. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Physics have been updated to the current standard, 2013 BMW and Audi have a narrower track width so they will roll a bit more compared to the 14, 15 & 16 model....13 Mrec had its track width increased compared to the 14, 15 & 16 models

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Mercdes E Games not working on Dedi Server and now dont see friends on Servers !!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    So, to run through this... Did you request a pit stop or just drive into pit lane? While in pit lane, you drove past your pit box, and exited pit lane without stopping? And after leaving pit lane, your mirrors & gauges were missing?

I'll try to reproduce and report to the devs.

Not only that, but if you pull up a bit too short, or drive past that stop sign signifying where you need to stop, your pit time will also be increased. Really nice to see that it takes skill to stop exactly where you need to, so you can get the most out of your pit stop. :)

As @David Slute already alluded to, there are minor differences between each of the seasons. However the underlying physics are now very similar... well, or close to identical since they were ported from DTM 16. Not personally aware of all the technical differences between the physics anymore, but i was told there still are some differences.

Will take a look, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Like Silverstone, not too keen on the new multiplayer menu, seems a little too busy with overly large fonts. Still an improvement on the old.

And hitting the sort by player number column is a bit off, dosnt sort by highest number, a bit mixed up, column for ping works fine, by track dosnt.
    Edit - So to me anyway sort by players is kinda random, sometimes by player numbers sometimes not.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  10. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    • Alpina B6 : Fixed incorrect windscreen banners in certain liveries.

Special thanks for this one :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Seams that everything works fine. Great update! Thumbs up and keep up the good work :)

12. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Compliment to Sector 3,
    I have often praised, often criticized.
    This time it is again time to praise;)
    So far no joinlags, everything runs smoothly, well done and thx

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    How are you guys finding the AI improvements? I think they're miles better than they've ever been

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the AI is very good atm.

The whole patch brings many improvements, good work.

15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Did two 10min races on Stowe with 29 NSU TTS and they're absolutely brilliant.

I "slightly" misjudged difficulty so I was lapping 3 seconds faster then them and in first race I decided to just enjoy Stowe without interuptions. In second I let them pass me and started to climb from back. And just wow. That was harder than I expected. They take defensive lines, they use slipstream, they don't let go in corners and they don't hit you in 2W scenarios. I barely managed to snatch P1 even though I was much faster.

Now i need to test how they behave while they attack

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just for you, my friend. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I just have to give a huge thank you to the dev team. I have always hated driving on Silverstone. Flat, late apex, hard to judge corner entrys - the list is long.

But there is something with this rendition of the track that makes it so enjoyable to drive. Just did some practice laps with the Mistral M530 and wow! I just found out the track has some flow to it. Maybe UK isn't so bad after all? :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Just a suggestion. If you have a very early pit stall it can be very hard to press the confirm pit settings in the menu in time before parking in your stall because you can only do that once you are in the pit limit zone. Maybe you can make it so we can enter the confirmation before entering the pits? Because right now people with an early pit stall are at a disadvantage as they maybe have to park the car and navigate the menu at the same time.
    I hope you get the point i try to make.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Just posted a question and some feedback about this on the community support forum. Nice to hear others with the same issue so that all hope isn't lost for me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Damnit guys, now I've got a choice to make this weekend... R3E or Daytona 24...