Released 28th November update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 28, 2018.

1. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    At least it should be nice to have a synthetic view of all the cars and their physics. Because it is difficult to know which cars have the most advanced physics

2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I missed it from the changelog. Added now.

Note : All leaderboard entries were reset for this update.
    Hillclimb Icons - Complete rework of the physics.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nemesis2805

Nemesis2805 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon , can you explain what are the changes on the GT3 and TCR BoP?

4. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Really BIG for the developers perhaps, not so BIG for the End User. Multi Class teased again, Contacts still jacked up, I hope the AI improvements are significant enough to be able to race properly without getting brake checked in one corner and then punted in the next.
    Replays, broadcast and other issues associated with non-racing activities I find it hard to get excited about.

Edit: After running for hours with with a variety of cars and tracks I AM impressed and EXCITED by the update. I noticed I could run the curbs very aggressively and the feel was just as intense as always but the car was manageable. Also the AI is much improved ran very closely without an issue of brake check or punting going into turns. Well done Sector 3.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  5. Calv Killmore

Calv Killmore Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot, hundreds of hours wasted. You may as get rid of it if you're gonna do this sort of thing with obvious total disregard for peoples efforts. Shameful...

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There are settings for that now, yes. But it's not called lock-to-horizon (cause from a technical pov that's not actually what is happening).
    It's these settings:
    2018-11-28 1930 0002.jpg
    If you set both of those to 100 %, it will stop the environment from shaking completely. Using values below 100 % will allow for a little world movement, so play around with those sliders a bit till it fits your preference.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well what's the point of keeping leaderboard entries that are now unbeatable?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. augustkekule

augustkekule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I thought the KTM X-Bow should be the lightest of the GT-4 cars like Alex mentioned in the stream , but following the car-description all GT 4 cars weigh the same. Is it just the wrong technical description or do the actually weigh the same ?

9. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Holy craparoni, the H-shifters are finally back in business, and the 240T seems to be working better than ever!

I also love the additional cockpit camera options. Both the look to apex, pitch and roll camera lag and camera shift. The pitch and roll lag add a nice, subtle feeling of weight shift to the car. Just don't over-do it, or else you'll probably get car sick... (Or, more likely: Sea sick.) 15%, along with 25% head movement seems to work well for me. Any more and it gets a little bit too wild.

I never liked look to apex in other sims before, because I constantly lost track of the car's true direction, but this implementation seems to be different. With the slider I can adjust the amount perfectly for my liking.

Together, all these new camera movement options raise the immersion level by many notches - the cars feel so much more alive.

Gotta go, have some laps to do. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I've tried "look to apex" and i have to say it works way better than in most other games. Even if you put if at 200(max), the cam only moves to the apex on sharp turns where you can't see enough and not in every turn.

The new GT4 class cars are all 3 brilliant.

Big thanks to the whole team, good job !

And now back to test the GT2 cars :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I see that as an opportunity to be 1st on a leaderboard, for once :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't say wasted. Life isn't all about the destination - it's about the journey. And now you can repeat your journey to the top of the leaderboards. It's a gift. Yay.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Very brief initial observations.

The Good:
    • My clutch works again. :D
    • GT4s are everything they were hyped to be. Fun, easy(ish) to drive, reasonably fast cars.
    • Love the new GTR2 physics. They've gone from completely meh to extremely fun cars.
    • Even more love for the Carrera Cup tweaks. It's still a handful, but it's muted down enough for it to be decidedly fun to drive.

The Not So Good:
    • The GT4 AI isn't very competitive. Not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things, but if someone like me has to go to 115, it won't take long before the fast guys run out of competition.
    • At some point, hopefully in the near future, someone will need to sit down and take a good, long look at the collision-physics. Yes, it's better than it used to be, but we're a long way from good or even decent.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Is the GT2 AI more competitive in your opinion?

You forgot the Hillclimb Icons in "The Good" :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Ai can't handle this corner at zhuhai with the wtcr any more.... This is every lap! IMG_20181128_185910.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    GT4 AI will almost certainly be tuned a bit more in the future. For now they're ok, but there's some situations where they don't shine. (On others tho, they did for me, and unexpectedly so. Just saying Laguna, give that a go if you will.)

What you mean by collision physics? Car damage or the actual on-track contacts?

17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We know it's not ideal, but the clutch and turbo changes resulted in slight performance differences to before. So a lot of times could not be beaten anymore. The only fair solution is to reset the leaderboards - you have to see it as a fresh challenge.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  18. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Dunno. Never really ran them before, so I'm the wrong guy to ask.

Didn't see that they'd gotten updated as well. :D
    It'll have to wait until tomorrow though.

Figured as much. It just struck me as a little odd that I had to use such AI levels. Usually I putter around with 100-112, or so.
    I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :)

On-track contacts. We're still seeing cars bouncing off each other in ways that quite frankly defy every kind of physics.

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You already tested the GTR4 AI before? :p
    Seriously, I meant: do they have the same problem as GTR4 AI in your opinion ;)

20. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Ah. Slight misunderstanding there. :D
    In that case, no. The few races I did to test the GTR2s were run at roughly my usual levels.

• Love it! Love it! x 1