The future of Raceroom?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by playlessNamer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I get your point, but some people seemed to be happy about WTCR coming to RR, and also about it getting released rather swiftly. ;) It's the neverending tale of having to prioritise, and sadly such minor (i.e. not game-braking (i.e. not stopping the game from working)) issues will always be the first to fall victim to that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I, and im sure many others get that completely, but half a day fixing the simple things that are the most annoying and un user friendly could go a long long way, a lot further than the pleasure of a new car set, simple colour schemes take moments to alter and make a HUGE difference, the none game breaking things are the things that make up the whole game, if they are wrong then it is wrong and the longer it stays wrong the more people will be turned off\away cause game a b or c does it better and has newer graphics, good physics and great multiplayer and typically cheaper.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I'm very happy about this and as long as they keep doing this, R3E will be my number 1 sim.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom will be there... They are listed in the exhibitors list: https://www.simracingexpo.de/de/expo

Nords wont be free lol.

Reiza dlc only matters for people who solely play rF2 and have never played AMS. To that point though, the guy above you makes it pretty clear that new content shouldnt be something to look forward to. Especially when bugs exist, and a fancy new UI is still a few lifetimes away. Come on Marcel, you have only been teasing a new UI for the last 2 yrs :p

Well, your whole post was basically factually wrong aside from your future preference. So, it might be good to just stick with that moving forward.

I think many people can appreciate that work continues and doesnt cease in RR. Though, I think the loudest critics have been tired of (insert favorite feature) being missing and not included yet, which seems to be a never ending complaint. You can see this just about any time a new patch that adds a feature releases. "Yeah that's cool, but when is (feature I want) releasing?"

Im pretty sure I can safely say that everyone working on RaceRoom would like development to proceed faster and more things to be released... but as always, things are being worked on behind the scenes and RR shows no signs of slowing down. Whether those things will make everyone happy though... I have no idea :D

• Like Like x 4
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i tend to stay out of these types of discussions , i think ive been here from the very early stages of development of R3E, what have i seen ....
    ive seen the move to create the new studio and a move from what was a hotlapping game to what is now a lot broader and wider ; including Esports .
    Not everything that has happened along the way has been a barrel of laughs but what i can tell you and know is that the team behind this are passionate and fighting there and your corner to get the time and budget to implement features and trying to un-hardcode some of the earlier concepts from the game .
    maybe its not moving quick enough for some ppl , and i agree there are certain features that it really is missing but it is a blast , a lot of the older physics issues are being addressed and as much as i hate it they do tweak the Ai occasionally because of its "aggression"
    im not going to get into the how much it costs argument as that one is puerile bullshit
    for me if you like it you like it if you dont you dont
    if you want it to develop faster then volunteer to be a beta tester and we can get through the testing faster and with a larger range of hardware
    think of it ..... it will help

fluff and bunnies

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    and for those who stopped playing AMS thanks to lack of vr support :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Some people who complain about the business model aren't just saying "buh buh it's expensive!"... there's more to it than that, and dismissing some perfectly valid arguments about issues with the system as "puerile bullshit" is a bit narrow minded and possibly even insulting (not that I personally care).

Anyway, I'm out... I know how these conversations go so I shouln't have even posted in the first place.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I've got some 8k+ VRPs available. So RR has my money anyhow.
    My last purchase was KTM xbow, when it was released. Since then my interest for RR began to decrease.
    Why?
    I wanted to buy Premium Pack after release of the Porsche "DLC" (one DLC with three single cars :confused:). But one car with just one livery and then buy the liveries individually after release (which aren't yet available after nine months)?
    When buying the Premium Pack, it should be perfect.
    So what's next. I'll wait for the Porsche DLC at the end of the year and then decide, if I'll stick to RR or leave definitly.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    https://steamcharts.com/app/211500#All

Note the graph shows "peak players", not "average players".
    They started in February 2013 with 222 players average, and today are at roughly 1.5x as many.

10. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom future is bright. They will come up with something amazing soon..... you watch!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ More U4E teasing...? :D

• Creative Creative x 1
  12. tw1st

tw1st Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    A "roadmap" like ACC published some weeks ago would be really great.:D

Personally i don't need infos about release day of some content but i would appreciate what can we expect in the next (six?) months about content patches...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Positive

14. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    That, and i wouldnt normally go for it like this, is one of the most ridiculous comments you have ever come out with, seriously, you do understand the meaning of the word puerile, the fact that the argument is legitimate and fair regardless of how often it is bought up and how boring entitled people like yourself may find it, the pricing, especially for people into the game for over 18 months that have paid and paid is a major and fair gripe. Puerile bullshit would be a better description of your reply ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Pfff. Dark coloured pictures here.
    I was on SimRacingExpo on Saturday, seen everywhere ACC on the screens. But as I saw a screen with R3E it was like to be at home.
    What I wan't to say is: The graphics quality should be as high as it wants (and I'm not the biggest fan of the look of ACC!) but it is familiar. When I sit in my R3E car with my oculus, I know, where everything is. Every handgrip works and I don't have to have many looks at it. I could concentrate to the racing.

At this time, I can't imagine to drive a league on AC, ACC, Pcars2 or rFactor.

I understand, that Sector3 have decided to go the WTCR way first and I'm a bit frustrated in having the bad colours in VR and a very bad chat in R3E, but I can handle it, praying for a better way there. (In VR you can look at your cars Display for the timings. That's enough for me and it the immersive way to go... just saying)

So I'm not in a hurry, R3E Graphics look realistic (like iFactor, unlike ACC or Pcars2) , dawn, night and dusk I definitly are unhappy about that it will not come, rain is not the race condition I wanna race, sound is amazing, FFB is good and the physics are still cool.

So what the heck are you talking about?

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

i used that phrase because .... well its a first world problem , you dont need this its not life sustaining , so its a free choice to enter into the business model ; thats all

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The Raceroom is going to be the most popular racing sim on the planet.... iracing will look small, ACC and Pcars2 graphics will look primitive in comparison..... Raceroom shall rise again and rule the world....stay tuned !

• Funny x 7
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  18. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    So a consumer isn't ever allowed to complain or critize a product or the business model behind said product just becouse it's non-life sustaining? Now that's puerile bullshit right there.

This is a first world problem, but no one is inciting riots in the streets or starting political organizations, we're just posting in a videogame forum, in a topic called "The Future of Raceroom", and some people (like me) might have some worries about the future of Raceroom, in part, becouse of the way the business model works. Our "puerile bullshit" opinion might actually be perfectly on-topic so you should simply use the disagree button instead.

19. Nano 10

Nano 10 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I sincerely wish the best to Race Room and I would like the future to be bright as some say but .......... the AI is very, very annoying, unnatural and aggressive nonsense, the game deserves better .

For example ACC (early beta) already has better AI and also the option to set the aggression something that has been asked in Race Room for years.

If Sector 3 manages to have a decent AI many players would play it again (including of course)

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    :D:p

• Funny Funny x 2